Categories > Books > Harry Potter > For the Greater Good

The death of Harry James Potter

by Immortal7 1 review

The last days thoughts of Harry.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Luna,Pansy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 4689 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.

A/N Here it is what I'm sure is the final chapter besides the slight omake I have. Burn me if you want.

Chapter 3 The Death of Harry James Potter

I have never been what you would call a normal person. At the age of one I was left abandoned with a collection of people that had in there own view of the world with very instincts of hatred and murder being force to take care of me. I grew up in a cupboard under the stairs of my aunt and uncle's house. If that doesn't sound like a very bad fantasy topic starter than I really don't know what is. I went on to be almost killed once a year from the time I was eleven. While other kids in my school dorms were having dreams of girls blowing them and swallowing or begging them to fuck them harder like the fantasized sex gods they wanted to be for puberty, I had dreams of a student not four years older than me dieing in front of my face. Or a man with no nose and glaring red eyes taunting me with his presence. Or my personal favorite my mother screaming and dieing on top of me. I think I got a good wank maybe once every six months from the time I was fourteen, but you now what I'm famous and rich. At least I guess that is what most people would say if they heard my problems. Isn't that what the Yanks say when a celebrity complains about their life. In truth all I have left anymore is this house.

However lately the house has become to still for me. I can't help but think that in away that I am being punished for all the things that I have done in my life. Maybe it will get better or maybe it will get worse, I try not to think about it. I just push on for the last day on the earth that shall be graced to me soon I hope. So I've decided that I'm going to soak things up and hope that in the end they last me on what is the end to an amazing ride.

I look around the house that I had built for us not three years ago. That's when I knew no matter what she was going to be my wife. Wow was it really three years ago. It feels like it was so much longer, an entire lifetime. I guess that war will do that to you, but this is all that I ever wanted and was blessed with someone who thought along the same lines that I do. Luna helped give me the idea for the area to build. It was built in a minor forest in the middle of Sweden. She had told me that this was were her father and her use to go looking for Crumple-Horned Snorkacks. She told me that it was always so peaceful here and that hardly anyone ever seemed to make out that far.

So as a war brewed on in my home country I started to build a life in another for the two of us. I have a beautiful garden in the back that I can say truthfully I have the Dursleys to thank for. I just want to let the whole thing disappear. This building is the only thing that I haven't given up in my short life. This is the final place that I could claim I was happy as well. You and I for a couple that has only been together for roughly three years built a lot of memories here. Some of them bad at the same time some of them so wonderful.

The kitchen is the first place we made love here. I was showing you the house I had built for us and you just attacked me. I never stood a chance, but to be honest I was not really trying ether. I remember the way that you sunk your teeth gently in to my chest and continued on to the tops of my feet. I can honestly say that I never could have had a nightmare of the snake hole variety holding you as we slept. You forced me to feel normal in that area. I would if I did wake up screaming have my dreams revolving around ether you or Hermione being captured.

I'm not going to think about those right now. I just need to focus on you right now. I know some may think I'm biased, hell most would, but you are so beautiful. The way you walk on the balls of your feet it causes this swing in your hips. The fireplace in the sitting room has a nice collection of images to it as well. The whole house was built for the fact that it would have what ever was needed. I love the whole house except one room.

I fortify myself to look in the baby's room. And while I can still have all the horrible memories attached to it. Their was some a nice selection of decent memories as well. I build the crib with my own hands. It was such an amazing experience. That day just brings back good thoughts. The feel of your hands caressing my shoulder's to release the tension. The way you would trace runes on my back with your finger tips. The moisture on the back of my neck as she slowly suckled your lips to my skin. The way your whole body glowed when you found out that we were going to be parents.

The room also has a feeling of dread in it as well. You felt the burn of that bastards mark as he pulled all his members to him. You had come back crying and at the same time dry sobbing in to my arms four days after wards. The look in your eyes as your lips told me that the bastard had found away to increase the power of his followers to help counter act the way I was thwarting his plans. You never told me what got rid of our baby only that it was gone. I held you as much as I could for a month to console you and prove to you that I didn't hate you or consider you a failure. I told you we would have plenty of kids after I finally killed the bastard. I could tell though that the ritual more than likely ruled that possibility out. I could see the pain in your eyes so vividly much the same way back in school from when Draco and her parents would call her worthless and hit her. I promised myself than and there that if I could I would force those eyes to never come back out of you again.

I think that those tears were what finally broke me. I know that with in a year I had finally found the last of his bloody soul pieces and destroyed them. I made sure that the bastard knew what pain was. I still smile sometimes as the way his voice cracked and the sounds he made as he screamed comes to me from time to time.. All he ever did was hurt my family, well I made sure that each and everyone of them was left as a message to taunt me. I'm sure that he didn't like the results of his little plan.

I close the door behind me and stare at the house that we built and wonder if maybe one day we can come back to it and not have it filled with so many bitter memories of the way we used to be and how we had to be to make sure we both lived through the bloody mess all the damn purebloods had created., but for now I'm just going to take the things inside of it that matter the most to you and I. Our wedding rings that nether of us have ever had a chance to wear in public and the thousands of pictures I had to have take of us since we have been together. The rest is just wood and stone that I can make some where else. I reach for the small bell that is stored in my pocket and wait a few seconds for it to activate and take me to number twelve so I can say goodbye to Narcissa and wait to the trial to start.

I feel its pull and wait for the twirling sensation to go away meaning I'm in the sitting room of number twelve. As usual Doby greets me with a strange mixture of a hug and a bow. I left the small elf here to take care of his former mistress and make sure that any visitors to the house are turned away, help giving truth to the rumors of my hatred of well wishers and fans. I watch Doby pop away and take that as a sign to go and visit my ward or one of my great mistakes.

I can see Crissy slowly sweeping a brush across the canvas in a purely muggle fashion that if the reasons behind it didn't hurt I might laugh out loud. Narcissa Black was once a powerful witch that held the ear of almost as many political figures as her departed husband. Hermione and I had departed from everyone during the war expect Luna since they thought that the Order was the best way to win back the control that they had lost. They wanted to play rebel soldiers the Weasley's more so due to Ginny's remains being found crucified in the Ministry. Those stupid fools had thought that they could fight someone who had taken control of enough of the government to place a warning there. So my little trio decided it would be best to take legal actions with those still in control.

We slowly strip the accounts of known Death Eaters giving most of the money back to the victims using a law we had created that taxed a family of funds for any great wrong that they had done to a person or a group of people, thankfully with Draco thinking himself an incredible wizard after his failed raid in Hogwarts gave of plenty to charge his family with. That was when I used the power being in charge of the House of Black entitled me. I stripped Malfoy of a wife and a sizeable amount of gold. It was only when a dazed Narcissa showed up at my house did I figure out what had gone wrong with our plan. She couldn't speak and she was bleeding from what appeared to be a massive beating. I was forced by magic to take her in and found out that I may have destroyed her. In the last two years I have only gotten out of her was that a sort of marriage prenuptial that magically bound her unable to speak her mind of any form on the topic that involved in the magical world. She could state facts, but never anything that could be not be proven true at that moment.

After awhile she just gave up speaking all together and took up painting. That is all she did when she wasn't eating. I think it's the only way she knows how to express herself anymore since all she really knows is based some where in the magical world. I had hoped that when we took down Malfoy that the spell would just disappear, but even when Hermione took care of Draco in the honor duel that left her with the last remaining items of value that he owned, namely his name and title. I think she still has nightmares for the way that she killed him. I wish I could help her talk about it, but that is where we differ she took her parent's killer life and it hurts her to know she has it in her do those things and I feel satisfied that I made my parent's killer scream like it would save his life. But than she doesn't have to listen to her mother scream over and over every time that a dementor gets close ether.

I'm letting myself focus on the negative more that I should today. What is that old saying live today because it might be your last. So I look at the picture that she is painting. I can see she is one of her more darker moods today since she has a picture of me protecting you from a hail of green lights. I wonder if this is how she thinks today will end. I know she knows all about you and I. So maybe this is the way she wants me to die for all the pain that I have place her in. I know that I don't have nearly enough time to figure it out. I grasp her hand to stop the stokes and turn her face towards me.

"I'm sorry." Its all I say than I place a small kiss on her forehead. I hope she knows that I mean it. Its not just little words that I let out to make myself feel better. Maybe her change of heart on how she treated others came form the way her life is now, but I guess I still want to be a little hopeful that people act different than how they are. I believe that Hermione would say something like it was an important quality to have. However I just don't want to go through life thinking everyone is out to kill me.

I let go of her hand and turn not looking back at the picture of my death. I wander over to the front door the whole time listening to Sirius's mother scream before Doby gets the enchanted curtains closed. I guess that was one thing that Dumbledore never lied to me about, nobody had yet to figure out how to get her portrait down from the wall. The stupid bitch attached herself to a major support beam which made it impossible to just take the wall with her. I look at Doby one more time before I exit the house. "Doby." I know my voice startles him since I verily speak when I'm here. "You have always been a good friend Doby." I stop him before he starts to get emotional on me. "Can you help Luna and Hermione take care of Narcissa for me?" He just nods, but I can tell he is confused more than likely because he doesn't think that anything can stop me if I but my mind to it. The way he sees me is kind of frightening sometimes.

I close the door behind me so I don't have to deal with the poor guy when everything processes through. As I expected there is a small black car waiting outside of the building for me. "Mister Potter." I look up for a second than try to ignore him even more. :Mr. Potter, we here to give you a lift to the location of the trial. The Minister would like to have some words with you along the way." I'm glad that this is a thing I expected to happen or I might have been more inclined to just blow the small little car up and move on. I need to calm down and focus on what is more important.

"Harry my boy it has been so long since we have seen you." I stare at the balding red head before me. I thank whatever god that has been out there punishing me for crimes in a past life that the car is to constricted for Molly to reach out and hug me. So instead I have to sit between the twins while I stare at Molly, Arthur, and Ron.

"Where are the rest of the family Arthur?" I guess a little small talk will help pass the time. Its ether that of I appear as unconcerned about the trial as I am from their perspectives.

"Bill couldn't make it. A matter of minor urgency happened at Gringotts this mourning and he is being delayed. Charlie will meet us there. And as you know Percy still isn't talking to us." I hold in a smile from the news of what might have happened to the oldest Weasley child.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I guess I have been out of touch for a while haven't I. I've just been kind of lost since the war ended." I play a twist on the truth pity card that I'm positive these idiots will fall for.

"Don't worry Harry. Justice will see that bitch gets hers for what she did to my daughter." I clench my fist slightly as she calls you my wife a bitch, but calm myself enough that its not to noticeable.

"Arthur can I have a favor? Can you make me a portkey so I can leave right after the trial. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle the press afterwards." I pull out the rings I kept in my pocket. I can tell they know what they are.

"Are those wedding bands Harry?" I can tell by looking in the man's eyes that he has completely misunderstood the items in my hand. I actually figured he would. They to this day still think that I am hopelessly in love with there daughter. I'm even positive that Molly has convinced herself that the reason that a small, but delicate emerald in the center of the engagement ring instead of a ruby or a diamond is because of Ginny's infatuation of my eyes. I would hate to tell her that you just like emeralds. Or that you have even gone as far as to ask me to have my eye color changed because of the resemblance they have to the green of the killing curse and that fact makes you fell uncomfortable at times.

"Yes they are Arthur." And with that I now have a nice and neatly made set of portkeys that shall get me past the ministry's nice and annoying set of wards. I have also kill the urge for any other forms of small talk that they had hoped to use to enrapture me even farther in to the cause of the hatred of you, my love, than they already think I am.



Thankfully the car ride take very little time with the legal charms that have been put upon it. I let them get out of the car first since they are more of the offended party than I am. Of course the rest of the world doesn't see it that way, but I would like to think sometimes that I'm a little better than the sheep that have over bred in this stagnate society. So I walk solemnly behind the Weasleys and let the press take enormous amounts of pictures of my melancholy and angst. I'm sure that the pictures will go well with that article that I'm going to have posted tomorrow in the Prophet and other major wizarding newspapers in the world.

They are leading me to court room ten. I wonder if this is in a sad form of irony. It wasn't even ten years ago that I was being tried in this court room for crimes that I didn't commit yet my life is going to end in here for crimes I did commit and I'm not on trial. I can see that everyone is here and ready to slam a guilty verdict down on top of you. The only difference I can see is that the public is very much here with a vengeance. I'm glad that I don't have to sit next to the Weasleys for the proceedings. In fact I'm right behind you. I can tell that they haven't been taking very good care of you just by the way that your hair is matted in the back. I can see a that you have annoyed someone do to a small cut along the back of your left check, but as your eyes catch mine I can tell that they haven't been able to do anything else to you. Pansy love, you still have that lovely fuck the world and everyone in it glint in your eyes that I was shown so much over the years in school.

That and I have to hold in a laugh from watching all the big and strong Aurors keeping a fair distance for you as if you were diseased. Most people would not have not noticed, but there is a small look a fear in their eyes as well, which tells me that Arthur sent a few of the more randy Aurors in to your cell over the last month of your imprisonment and they discovered that nice little charm I placed on you my dear my wife to make sure that after the ritual nobody would ever touched you in that way again unless I allowed it. I wonder if the gabbing hole the spell was meant to leave was in his crotch or his mouth.

The session is about to begin. I look back to see Hermione staring at me with her mouth opening and closing like she is screaming at me. Thankfully Luna stops her from making to much of a scene. Although kissing her like that may have not have helped as much at stopping the crowd from looking at them as much as Hermione in a rant mood silence. I don't want to bring to much attention to them and turn back around and stare at the back of the head of you dear.

"Pansy Parkinson, you are being tried for the crime of being a death eater. We will now begin this session by inducing you with a Veritaserum. Please open your mouth so it may be administered." I clutch the rings in my hand as I feel my magic change inside of me. I give Hermione a quick look to see if she is signing on the document that I had given her. I turn back to see Pansy give a slight shudder as well. I wonder if I'm as ready for this as I would like to think that I am. I stare at the small glass phial that slowly drops three little drops on to the tongue of yours, my dark little demon.

"Please state your name for the record." I have to give him this the man giving the questions is very good at hiding his emotions.

"Pansy." I can tell her one word answer has confused most of the room.

"Pansy what?'' Evidently her answer struck a nerve with little man.

"Just Pansy." The man turns a slight red for a second and gives me a small reminder of dear old Vernon. The man seems willing however to move on.

"Can you give the reasons for He-Who-Must-Not -Be-Named awarded you such high honors as to being placed in his inner circle. You are rather young for such a high ranking Death Eater and I want you to remember that the testimony of the late Dolohov is to be used as an eye witness account." Smart. The man is moving on and just going for the conviction. I rather admire that in a person.

"I gave Tom Riddle Ginavera Weasley." I feel a small shudder flow through me at your emotionless voice.

"Why did a prominent pureblood as your self at the time give Riddle another pureblood. I thought Death Eaters were all about blood purity?" I wonder what this man is looking for. Its not like you are going to be found innocent. I wonder if he know or suspects my involvement already.

"My fiancé at the time suggested it. So that I could get in the dark lords favor." It's like a bad film watching this. You know the ending, but I can tell that you are fighting the potion making this drag out. I hope you aren't trying to protect me some how. We both already knew that this could happen love.

"I had thought that Draco Malfoy was already in Riddle's good graces at the time with his success of having the late Headmaster Dumbledore killed. Why would he what you to gain respect as well, surely being promised to him at the time granted you the same respect with the inner circle?" So that is his game. Well played Mister Weasley. Not even a year after Hermione slipped away from you and here you are trying to take the Malfoy fortune and title from Hermione by claiming that his family wrong you more first. Just because you couldn't even take Draco in a fair duel you try and sneak wealth in another way. Very Slytherin like. Your ancestors must be proud.

"My fiancé was not Draco Malfoy." And this is were the fight starts. I hope that I can at least save you. It is the least I can do for all the pain I have put you through.

I can also tell the man is shocked by the response. He must have been listening to the Hogwarts gossip line to much. "And who was your fiancé at the time?"

"Harry Potter." I can feel the air get sucked out of my lungs form the simultaneous gasp of the room and that is when is get up from my seat. I'm rushing to you as fast as I can even though your only a few feet away from me. I know that the room is basically going through a giant brain fart and is reacting very slowly after such a harsh answer. I know that you can't help me right now being drugged. I wish I could say that the whole room was standing still like its suppose to in situations in moments like this, but than I never was a normal person so why should I expect this to change now.

I wish I had shown you just how much I loved you better in the little time we had together. I wish that I could slip this ring on your finger and proclaim to the world just how much I love you and that how proud I am that you said yes to me all those years ago to be my wife. Except this isn't a time for what some may call the finer things in life which in a way fits us so well. I just let you ring fall from my hand in to your lap and wait for it to just verily touch you before I let out the activation words. "I will always love you." As I start to feel the familiar pull of my own ring I can hear the thoughts of how the Weasley's were going to use my activation word as a public moment on my love for their daughter. I truly wish that I could see the look on their faces after your announcement. In stead I feel the ring take you away with me right behind you. Except for some reason the room glows green from a position behind me. I want to turn to see who cast it, but ignore the curiosity that has ravished me for my life and focus on you and how I'm not going to hurt you anymore. "I love yo..."



A/N I figured that this would be a good place to end it. I'm not sure I like this chapter, but I'm also sure that if I keep staring at it like I have for the last two and a half weeks that I'll go mad. Hate it or Love it I wouldn't mind being told, but not pressure. I might rewrite this later, but that is as they say things for another day. Later everyone.



Sign up to rate and review this story