Categories > Books > Harry Potter > For the Greater Good

Letter to the Public

by Immortal7 5 reviews

Harry speaks to the wizarding world.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-02 - 2010 words - Complete

5Original
Disclaimer: Attention! Attention! All readers and lawyers I do not own Harry Potter. That is all.

A/N Here is the second chapter of the story. It is smaller than the first, but I hope you find it as intriguing.

Chapter Two: Letter to the Public



Dear Public,

To be honest I'm not positive that you deserve this little snippet of how little you understand your world. You my many adoring fans, stalkers, and enemies are what is known as sheeple. Which in terms that you will be able to understand means you find the most charismatic person of the moment and let that person demand any thing and you follow. It must be a most boring way to wait to die. I must confess that in all the years that you have voted for my head on a platter or my heavenly light to grace your earthly form I don't really understand it. It may have something to do with actually struggling to live. For close to eleven years I have personally been hated and loved by you people more than any other wizard in history, but that is a topic for another time is it not.

Now I'm sure that many of you dear readers are so confused at the moment that if has never occurred to you as individual to act anyway different that how you are right now. You go home and complain to your spouse or your friends on how the whole world is completely unfair to you and than you go to sleep and reintegrate your self right back in to it the next day. I once had high hopes for you all that when the threat of Voldemort was gone that you would come out of your houses and realize that the only way to not let this happen ever again is to stand up for yourselves.

You have proven my faith wrong and I really don't know how I feel about that. Any way enough about how sad I feel for the majority of you little beings and more on to facts that shall scar you. Right now you have a man elected Minister by the name of Arthur Weasley. I'm sure that you all know him about six feet two inches, red hair, and an obsession with muggle objects that is only topped by his greed. I'm sure that you are all going the minister is such and harmless and nice man. Believe what you want, but this also a man who drugged a sixteen year old boy so that he would fall in love with his daughter and gain the fame and fortune his family once had a century and a half ago. However this man did not do it alone he had the help of a certain departed headmaster. These are your heroes and role models. People willing to whore out their daughter for a few more galleons and a mention in a book that nobody will ever read in a two hundred years.

Of course our dear heroes didn't do it alone, no the whole family helped. They gained the trust of the boy and used him with plans of throwing him away much like you throw away an discard edition of the Prophet. I suppose that I could go on and on about all the miss deeds of the people you placed in charge of the world you live in, but it would be much more fun if you actually stand up for your selves and do it yourselves. Who knows you may find that you have been messed with as well.

I hope that this little piece has given you some things to think about and that is all that I feel that I can put up with you fools who can not think for themselves. The rest of this piece is to apologies to those that I my self have wronged for no cause and to make a few announcements that will most likely effect your world for the better or worse depending on your point of view.

First and foremost I would like to say that I am sorry for the death of Ginavera Weasley. As I am sure that you all know by now I am the one who ordered her death. I gave her over to my lover for the sole purpose of revenge and to have a spy that I trusted in the inner circle of the Death Eaters. I after all know more about the symbolism that you place behind her fallen body for the last four years than anyone else in the magical world at the moment. She was the one piece that said that even the bloody purebloods were not safe. I will admit that you took to the cause under her vintage a lot more forceful than I had ever thought possible. It was one of those moments that made me proud of you only to have it washed away with your coming back to complacency after the final blows and spells. As far as I know she knew of the drugs in my system, but had been raised to be basically that perfect wife for me. So I can't help, but feel like what I did here is a little wrong.

I want to apologies to two people that are not with you anymore. In fact I am the one who placed them out of the country. Remus and Tonks I hope that you can forgive me for the way that I tricked you out to the country before the international travel ban was put in to place. You were so angry at Hermione and I. I don't deny that I basically kidnapped you and placed you somewhere that I knew neither one of you would be hurt. My family is what I think you are. You named me the godfather of your child long before he was born. To this day I regret that more than likely that I shall never see him. I heard that he is very cute for a offspring of you two. You told me that it was my duty to protect the little guy if something was ever to happen. Well a war happened and I figured the best thing for a young child to have to live a long and happy life was his parents. So I claim godfather's rights and the fact that I didn't want your death's on my head. Yes I know that you were all grown up and could take care of yourselves, but for one of the few times in my life I wanted to be selfish, which meant you were very much alive and I was very much a coward lacking my customary Gryffindor courage by not visiting and not giving you a whole letter that you deserved, but I for the life of me could not find it in my heart to write. After all I always have been horrible with goodbyes.

Neville Longbottom is what everyone should base their stereotypes of a true Gryffindor to be. He has the courage and the brains to look any situation and make a rational choice of how to handle it. I remember quite clearly when at the age of eleven he stood up to his friends so that we would not lose any more house points. We body-binded him and went anyway. Now I know that most of you will claim that he should have just ignored us, but he was worried that we would get hurt and not so much about the points. It took me a few years to come to terms with that. However by that time he proved himself to me again. Most of you don't know this, but in the end of our fifth year a small group of students including myself infiltrated the department of mysteries and fought and helped capture twelve death eaters. Six students and we won to a small degree. At the age of fifteen he withstood the pain caused by Bellatrix's Crucio. No many of you adult wizards could ever do that, but he did. I never personally thanked him for all the help he gave me over the years. I hope that he understands that I would not be here today if not for him and if I am still alive after my incident yesterday that I one day can repay the kindness and friendship he showed me.

Finally I wish to apologize to Pansy. I wronged you so many ways. I forgot you due to a potion just after we had decided to move our relationship further. I forced you to enter a world that I told you I would keep you safe from or kill you myself. You killed for me so that the killing would stop. You slept with inner circle members so that we could gain information to stop attacks. You gave up our child so that you could continue on with our work could continue and we could try again in a brighter world. You basically gave me your heart and soul and I don't believe that I took very good care of it. I hope that if I have fail in my duties to protect and save you like any worthwhile husband that you see this and know my guilt for the pain and nightmares that I have place on you. You are my wife and have been for two years, hopefully we made it and are alone somewhere, but in case I fail I'm sorry and I love you. One day I hope you can forgive me for all the pain I have put you through.

Those are all the people that I have not met in person or left a letter with further instructions. I am sure that you all as the simple minded people that you are have found your self even more confused than before, but I find myself not really caring anymore. In my time with you I have found myself a hero and a villain. Now I only want to be Harry. And from now on that is all I am. I am no longer a Potter or the head of the house of Black. Unless I have been mistaken those houses are now under the complete control of Hermione Potter and Luna Black. I have no claim to any of the rights that the houses give me since I have removed myself from them. This means that to some of you I have left a muggleborn and what some might consider a lunatic in charge of a lot of power in your world. Between the two of them I have left in their control almost seven votes do what they want with them. And I am positive that in the continuation of your world that many of the friends we have made over the years that agree with us will vote in their favor as well. I hope that one day you all can find a way to think for yourselves, but after looking back at the last thousand years I don't have very high hopes. This is more than likely that last words many of you shall ever hear or see of mine.

Regards,



Harry The-Boy-Who-Lived



End note: As I mentioned this is the second chapter and I hope you enjoyed it. It was kind of hard to right since it was not the first draft. I may post the first draft as a omake after I'm done and you can read it than. I hope this answered some questions and gave you some more. The next chapter shall not be letter form as it will show you the court room scene and what happens. I plan on it being the last chapter and hope to have it up soon, but I have received a promotion at work and have less time to write. As always leave your opinions if you want or don't. Next chapter Death. Later everyone.



Sign up to rate and review this story