Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When are you gonna realize ive grown up?

Death is just a part of life...

by Bearkat 2 reviews

Kali gets a phone call making her get a plane back to jersey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-01 - 844 words

0Unrated
“Hello?” I answered my phone half asleep wondering why frank was calling me at 5 in the morning.

“Kali?” frank asked and automatically I knew something was wrong from the sound of his voice.

“Frank what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I asked slipping out of bed making sure not to wake Daniel as I went out into the living room.

“Kali something’s happened and you need to come home as soon as possible. Dads…. Dads….”

“Frank what happened to dad? What’s wrong?” I asked worried knowing that Frank never cried.

“Kali he’s dead.” I sat there in shock as Frank started telling me what happened. I had just talked to him the night before and he was fine.

“Kali? Did you hear me? The funerals in three days you need to come back home. Kali?”
“Huh? Ummm yeah Frank ok ill fly back as soon as I can get a ticket.” We talked a little longer about the funeral and then we said our goodbyes. I just sat there going through my head about the last conversation I had with my dad. He was talking about how I never came to see him anymore and that he missed me. I just played it off like I would come see him soon knowing that I wouldn’t. I finally got up and headed back to bed. I slipped into bed hoping I didn’t wake up Daniel in the process.

“Baby? What’s wrong why are you crying?” Daniel asked waking up to me shaking and crying into my pillow.

“He’s dead and I didn’t even get to say goodbye.” I cried into Daniels shoulder.

“Who’s dead baby?” He asked while holding me closer.

“My dad. He had a heart attack and died this morning frank just called and told me.”

“Oh baby it’s going to be ok when’s the funeral? You are flying back there for it right?”

“Yeah it’s in three days. I need to go and book a ticket.”

“You can worry about that later you need to sleep. I’ll take care of everything.” He said as he held on to me. I loved Daniel so much we had gotten together not long after I had moved here to Iowa. That was 5 years ago. I hadn’t been back to Jersey to visit in three years. We are engaged and are getting married in four months. As I thought about that I thought about how my dad wouldn’t be here to walk me down the aisle, making me cry even harder. I finally fell asleep after laying in bed for what seemed like hours. When I woke up it was 11 and Daniel wasn’t in bed anymore. As I headed downstairs I heard Daniel on the phone.

“Yeah man that’s what she said…. Yeah well I went online and bought her a plane ticket it leaves at 8 tonight…. Yeah well I’m about to go wake her up I let her sleep in awhile she didn’t sleep to good after she got off the phone….yeah ok you too talk to you later bye.” He sat down the phone looking up to see me there.

“Hey baby how are you feeling? I was just about to come wake you up. I got you a plane ticket it leaves tonight. I already called your work and explained the situation and they said you take off as much time as you need.” He explained as he poured me a cup of coffee handing it to me.

“Who was on the phone?” I asked sitting down at the table.

“Huh? Oh that was frank he was calling to see about you. I told him everything he said to call him when you land and he will come pick you up. Baby are you ok? I wish I could come with you but I can’t take off from my job right now.”

“It’s ok I know you would come if you could.” That’s all I could say I felt so numb. A couple of hours later I was at the airport waiting on my plane.

“Ok baby call me as soon as you get there to let me know your ok I love you your going to be fine.” Daniel said as he kissed me.

“Now don’t forget to call Frank so he can pick you up ok. Oh there goes your plane ok I love you be careful and again CALL ME.” He said as he gave me one more hug and a kiss. I headed to the gate and got on the plane. Once I was settled I grabbed my IPod and turned it on, but all I could think about was jersey and my dad and frank and…. Gerard.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok sorry the chapter is short but i promise the next one will be longer and awesome :) dont forget my comments they make me feel special lol and everyone should feel special :) love ya'll
Brooke
Sign up to rate and review this story