Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Worlds Apart

Abruptly Meeting

by evilcordy 1 review

A vampire finally finds her mate after being alone for more than seven centuries ... the only problem is that he isn't human. (Notes etc. inside)

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-02-23 - Updated: 2006-02-23 - 1473 words

1Original
Title: Worlds Apart
Author: Evil Cordelia and Mac Xavier
Email: evil.cordy@gmail.com and mac_xavier@yahoo.com
Genre: AU-Sylum, Romance, Comedy, Action, Interspecies Relationships.
Disclaimer: The Biker Mice from Mars do not now, nor have they ever, belonged to either of us. If they did well, two words for you. Full Monty. Or would that be the Full Mouse-y?
Nevermind.
'Kate' belongs to Shakespeare, the Kate we're picturing though is the one played by Julia Stiles in Ten Things I Hate About You. (Yummy!)
Authors' Notes: The Sylum-ized Vampire version Katarina "Kate" Minola was turned in 1269 by Draco of the Camelot Clan. We know the Biker Mice don't fit into the actual Sylum-verse, but they're fun! And the BIKES!! Just imagine Speed's and Lucas' motorcycles with rudamentary minds of their own! And Lasers! (Bounce!) And jet thrusters! Come on, you know Riddick would want one.
Author's Note (Evil Cordy): This is entirely MacKenzie's fault. She brought up the Biker Mice after listening to BonJovi's Have Nice Day, specifically the song Complicated. I can't do anything about the music video bunny that gave me, but I can make Mac help me write a story for them.
Author's Note (Mac_X): I blame Josette Glover and her in progress story, if it's Friday, it must be Xander. And Voracity for her Buffy/BMM x-over. Just when I was almost over my obsession with Furry Animals ...Summary: A vampire finally finds her mate after being alone for more than seven centuries ... the only problem is that he isn't human.
Rating: FRT-13


The gleaming silver motorcycle stopped hard enough for the rear wheel to come entirely off the ground. The pavement, only inches from the front tire of the sleek machine, was pitted and smoking from the blast that had brought the leather clad biker up short.

The biker's head, completely obscured by the mirrored face shield of the helmet, swept from one side to the other carefully taking in a battle that looked more like it belonged in a big budget summer blockbuster movie than on the streets. Even in one of Chicago's worst areas.

"Look out!"

The helmet covered head whipped around. What looked like a small rocket was hurtling toward the recently arrived biker. There was no where to go ....

The leather clad biker was tackled off the silver motorcycle by ...

A giant one eyed grey mouse?

Lungs were violently emptied of air by the rider's impact with the road with two hundred plus pounds of mouse slammed down on top.

"Get back here and fight ya stinkin' carp!" screeched a second mouse as the goons they were fighting raced away on dune buggies.

"You alright?" asked the grey mouse as he carefully levered himself off the slim biker.

The biker sat up then stood carefully before nodding. "Fine," came the muffled reply from under the helmet.

"Sorry, but your wheels, man ..." started a third human sized mouse with light beige fur, and bangs falling into his sunglass covered eyes.

The biker's helmet came off, sending long blonde hair falling around the rider's shoulders. "My bike .... crap!"

"Whoa! The bro's a babe!" yelped the white mouse. He'd been the one to scream at the gang of dune buggy drivers as they ran away, and half his face was covered with a some how flexible silver mask.

"Don't call me 'babe'," the female biker snapped, a heavy steel toed boot lashing out at the white mouse's shin.

He howled and began to hop around on one foot while clutching the other leg close to him.

"What am I going to do about my bike? Blown up by talking mice isn't covered by my insurance!" the young woman yelled. Blue eyes flashed sapphire fire as she threw her helmet to the ground.

The grey mouse, with very nice muscles under the short fur, picked up the female biker's helmet. "Now, ma'am, ah think we can help you get your bike fixed up. Ain't nothing our girl Charlie hasn't done for ours."

"Our girl?!?!?!" demanded the white mouse as he stopped hopping around to glare at the grey mouse. "Charlie-girl is my girl!"

The two taller mice grinned and ignored his outburst.

"She's the best mechanic in the Windy City," the beige mouse offered up. "Maybe even on Earth. Charlie'll fix your ride up good as new."

The blonde woman nodded slowly. "If she can fix that," she said, pointing at the blasted carcass that remained of her beloved silver not-in-the-least-bit-street-legal Triumph Daytona, "then I might start to agree with you."

"But we didn't even blow it up," protested the white mouse.

The beige mouse sighed and peered over the black rims of his green shades. "Bro ... she's a biker, and it ain't like the goon squad is going to pop for it."

"Like my dear old grey furred mama said, 'Never leave a lady in need, in need'," said the grey mouse, frowning slightly at the hyper white one.

"Just get a towline on her wheels, Vinnie," ordered the beige mouse. "Modo ..."

"I'll give her a lift to the garage," the grey mouse, Modo, said quickly. He offered the lady biker her helmet. "Ma'am?"

"Kate, my name is Kate," she said as she took her helmet back and followed him toward a bike that looked a lot like a purple Fat Boy, a heavily customized one at that. "So ... is this wonder mechanic of yours a mouse as well?"

"Charlie? Nah," Modo said, grinning at over his shoulder as he swung his leg over the seat of his motorcycle. "Charlie's human as they come, and a real spitfire. If you don't mind me saying, Kate-ma'am, you're taking this awfully good."

Kate blinked and thought about the people she considered her family, her sire, his two mates and the rest of Camelot. "Well, you probably just saved my life ... and I've actually seen stranger. Not by much, but still stranger."

"I'd like to hear about it some times, Kate-ma'am," Modo chuckled as he slid forward enough for her to climb on behind him. "This here is Lil' Hoss. Hop on and I'll take you on over to the Last Chance."

An eyebrow arched coolly as Kate's light blue eyes raked over the mouse and his ride. "And where exactly is that tail of yours going to be if I sit behind you?"

/Anywhere you like it/, Modo thought as he curled his long whip thin tail around his waist. He smiled again, if somewhat bashfully this time.

"Hey, bro! Anytime now!" yelled Vinnie as he and the beige mouse roared past, towing Kate's badly battered bike between them.

Kate snorted as she pulled her helmet back on and swung onto the large motorcycle behind the massive mouse. "God, he reminds me of Joseph. Where are you guys from anyway?"

"Mars."

She was silent as Lil' Hoss roared to life and started after the other bikers. "Okay, so that's a little stranger than Harry being followed home by an entire gypsy clan and their elephants."

"Oh, now this I have to hear, Kate-ma'am."

Katarina 'Kate' Minola tightened her arms around Modo's waist as she started telling him about that particular adventure. Well, a slightly edited version of it.

The pair were laughing when they pulled up to the Last Chance Garage. It was strangely easy how the sharp tongued woman found herself getting along with the battle scarred Martian Mouse. There was something familiar in the easy way he held himself in the saddle of his bike, the tone of the soft Southern Gentleman tinged rumbling baritone that was his voice. Sitting behind him on the motorcycle, pressed against his back with his hips cradled between her thighs felt ... Right. It was right in away that nothing had been in a very long time.

Modo couldn't be Petruchio returned to her. It was impossible.

Wasn't it?

Modo glanced down at the suddenly quiet young woman who'd been charming with her sense of humor and the soft husky sound of her voice ... and the warm press of her against his back, even if he was too much of a gentlemouse to even admit that part to himself. In the end he figured that her sudden quietness had to do with seeing her bike so busted up and let it go at that.

"How's it look, Charlie-ma'am?" Modo asked the slim young woman with the reddish brown hair hanging down her back.

"Like one of Grease Pit's rockets hit it," Charlie said, standing up and wiping her hands relatively clean on a rag. "It's pretty bad, but I should be able to fix it. I could even add a few improvements if you like ..."

"Call me Kate," the pretty blonde woman said, offering her hand. "Now, what kind of improvements are you thinking about adding to my baby?"
Sign up to rate and review this story