Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The girl all the bad guys want

Foster Monster

by alice93 4 reviews

I feel bad that Bob's the only one not in this story right now.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-05 - Updated: 2008-07-05 - 1126 words - Complete

0Unrated
I jumped as the toast popped out of the toaster, making a loud banging noise. Steadily, I got up and took the piece of toast off the counter and placed it onto a plate, carefully buttering the top of it and taking a large bite.
I poured myself a glass of orange juice and took a sip from it, the acid burning a small cut I had in my mouth.
Right then the phone rang and I walked over to it and picked it up.
“Hello?” I said-I wasn’t really into the whole introduction thing as the person ringing probably knew who I was anyway.
“Hey Crystal, it’s Mikey.”
“Oh hey Mikey.” I smiled. “What’s up?”
“Well I’m sorry this is short notice but our next band practice is today. In about an hour in fact.”
“Oh okay, well do you want me to like, come down to yours then?”
“Well that’s the problem. My Grandma’s having an old people’s party and her apartment isn’t big enough so she wants to have it at ours. Is there any chance we could come round to yours to practice?” Even though I couldn’t see him, I just knew he was biting his lip.
“Okay.” I said hesitantly. I mean, my foster mom was at work and wouldn’t be back till this afternoon. Still, if she ever found us practising in her precious garage-we’d be dead meat. I could just imagine her “What would the neighbours think?” reaction.
“Cool. We’ll be round in half an hour.” And with that he hung up before I had a chance to say anything. I assume by we he meant him, Gee and Frank.
I hurried around the house for a bit, tidying bits and bobs up and spraying air freshener. I tidied my room a bit and put on some jeans with a baggy Radiohead t-shirt and threw a little bit of make-up on. I never used to wear make-up, now I wore it practically every day.
When the doorbell rang I ran downstairs and sprang the door open, only to see four figures standing there, not three.
“Hey.” Frank said, pushing past me and entering into the kitchen. Next up was Mikey, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek before following Frank into the room with all the utensils. That just left Gerard, who had messy hair and was wearing a dark pair of sunglasses and another guy who I recognised slightly. He had an afro about three inches long and he wore funny round glasses, a metallica t-shirt and a backpack slung around his shoulder.
“Hey.” He waved shyly as Gerard just stood there. I couldn’t really tell cause of the glasses but I was pretty sure he was avoiding my gaze.
Ray held out his hand and I shook it. “I’m Crystal.” I said, backing away slightly so that they could both get through. They went in and eventually joined Frank and Mikey in the kitchen.
Mikey put his arm around me and gave me a long kiss, as if proving to the new guy that I was his and strictly his. I only he knew…
“Do you guys want a drink?” I asked, trying to be the perfect hostess.
“I’ll have a coffee.” Gerard said in his thick New Jersey accent.
I looked at the others and they all nodded so I assumed they wanted coffee too.
After I had made them all a black coffee we made our way into the front room. I went behind Frank and in front of Ray. When the others had all entered the living room, Ray held me back.
“So… you and Mikey your, y’know?” He asked.
“Um yeah, he made that pretty obvious didn’t he?”
“Don’t worry, he was just showing me what belonged to him. I’d do that too if I had a girlfriend as pretty as you.”
I blushed at Ray’s comment and he looked at me curiously.
“What?” I asked. “Have I got something on my face?” I touched my chin to check.
Ray just laughed. “No. It’s just well, they way that Gerard was talking about you. I though you were with him-not Mikey.”
I couldn’t really help the smile that adorned my face. “What exactly did he say about me?” I asked.
“Oh just how great and beautiful you are and he told me not to upset you in any way etc etc.”
The smile grew bigger. I knew I had to cover up my tracks so I wiped the smile off by thinking of dead kittens and got serious again. “He’s probably just being protective of me. We’re like brother and sister.” I lied. What brother and sister would do the stuff we did together?
“Oh right.” Ray said, finally making his way to where the other guys were.

“One. Two. One. Two. Three. Four.”
And the song began, first the drums, then the guitars and finally the voice.

“We could be perfect one last night
And look like star-crossed lovers when we fight
And we can settle this affair
If you would shed your yellow take my hand
And then we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity
This riddle of revenge please understand it has to be this way.”


We were interrupted from our little rocking out session when the garage door opened, causing light to flood through the room and causing us to cover our eyes to protect them from the heat.
“What the fuck is going on here?” I recognised the voice as my foster moms. Rage soared through my body, making my blood boil. How dare she come in here and talk to me like that in front of my friends.
“We were just practising some music.” I said quietly-so quietly that I didn’t think she could hear me.
“What did you just say?” She asked, sounding even more pissed then the last time she spoke.
“This is my band mom.”
“Your what?”
“This is her band. This is our band.” Gerard said in an attempt to stand up to her.
“You. Your that boy I caught in bed with Crystal.” She said, poking him in the chest with her index finger.
Gerard screwed up his face, obviously hoping that Mikey didn’t hear that.
I, too was to scared to look over to where Mikey was standing. I could just imagine his cute little face filled with hurt and the feeling of betrayal. I loved him, I did-I just loved Gerard more.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, so Mikey knows. I’m looking forward to writing the next chapter. It’ll be intense, the big five-o.
Sign up to rate and review this story