Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Feeling Is Tearing Me Up

I never saw it coming

by xcandix 0 reviews

sorry for the belated update. Thanks for the reviews, keep em' coming.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-10 - Updated: 2008-07-11 - 1707 words

0Unrated
Maddy's pov.


I felt like I was being shoved back and forth as the sun violently tore it's way through my room.


"Wake up, already."


I couldn't recognize the voice. The sleeping pills had made me groggy.


"Fuck off."


"I flew all the way from New York and you tell me to fuck off?"


"Jade?"


"Duh."


I sat up and tried to focus on something. My vision sharpened up and so did my senses.


"When did you get here?"


"Around noon. I took a flight out this morning and stopped at the hotel before coming here. It was pretty hard getting in. First I had to persuade the guy in the lobby to give me the key, then I had to push a couch through a door. You really didn't want to be bothered."


"Sorry about that."


"I'm not mad about that. I'm pissed I had to hear that you were engaged through the evening news."


"I planned on telling you before we let the public know, but they found out way before we had planned."


"It's really no big deal, I'm just trying to make you feel guilty."


"I'm already scared, angry, upset, pissed off, and tired and on top of that you want to make me feel guilty? Thanks," I cynically joked.


"No problem."


"How long are you in Vegas for?"


"Just today and tomorrow. I have to get back to New York to photograph some fashion model for a magazine on tuesday."


"Well at least we can chill for two days."


"Yea ever since you abandoned me in New York I've come to find that I miss you," she joked.


"Sorry," I laughed.


"You know I'm kidding. I can't believe you are getting married. Why so soon? Are you pregnant or something?"


"What?! No! Where did you hear that?"


"Nowhere it's just that you are only twenty and you are getting married. Not many people get married at twenty unless something like that happens."


"Okay. Well, I am neither pregnant or being forced into a marriage by any other means."


"Good to know. So who is your maid of honor?"


"Oh my god," I laughed as I dropped my head into my hands," not more wedding stuff."


"Oh come on! It's me right?"


"It was you, but then you had to go and wake me up."


"Seriously."


"It's you and my sister."


"Sweet."


"Oh god." I laughed. I heard the front door swing open and smack shut.


"MADDY!?" A low voice called for me. I instantly knew who it was.


"Uh-oh," Jade laughed.


"Maddy, where have you been? Amy called me saying that you ran off yesterday." Brendon rushed into the room.


"I just came home."


"And why is the couch half-way into the kitchen?"


"You're fiance decided to barricade the house," Jade answered for me. Brendon quickly looked over at Jade.


"Holy shit. I didn't even see you when did you get here?"


"Just now."


"How have you been?"


"Pretty well, yourself?"


"Better," he answered quickly," Maddy can we please talk?"


"Sure," I answered politely.


"You know what? I was just about to go. I'm going to go get myself situated in my hotel room. Call me later, Maddy." Jade made a quick exit. I really didn't want her to go, I hadn't seen her in a while. She left the room, and Brendon and I sat in silence for a moment or so.


"You okay?" he asked cautiously moving towards the bed slowly. He sat down on the edge beside me.


"I've seen better days." I replied.


"Yeah, I know this is pretty bad, but we'll deal with it. Within a day or so it'll all pass over."


"Right. You're female fans already hate me. I can't wait to see what they say on message boards and shit."


"So what? They are just too young to understand."


"Yeah they're too young to understand but not too young to insult and make vicious comments."



"Most of them are under the age of twelve. I'm sure they don't mean it."


"Wait, what are you doing here. You are supposed to be working."


"My fiance was in trouble and I felt like being a hero." he smiled a dorky grin.


"I don't need a hero, I need a miracle and a hole to crawl into."


"Well then I think I have a miracle and hole for you to into, too."


"What?" I laughed, slightly confused.


"You are coming up to the mountains with me. Now pack because we are leaving in 15 minutes."


"Brendon I can't go I have work down here."


"Oh yeah, like what?"


"Oh, gee I don't know. The boys from The Cab begin recording tomorrow."


"That's impossible."


"Well sorry to say that it is very possible."


"No it's not, because they and Mark are all in the mountains to write a bit more and there is a studio there that can record at."


"You are evil."


"No, I'm amazing."


"Wait what about Jade?"


"Bring her along."


"Nah, I can't. I'll stay here until until she goes home."


"No, I don't want to wait two days," he said as he laid down beside me.


"Blah, don't do this," I said as I got up off the bed.


"Do what?" he laughed.


"Bren, it's two days. That's it. Then I'll be up in the mountains for god knows how long."


"You don't want to go up with me."


"Not because I don't want to be with you.I just wanted to see how long we could be apart while being together."


"Wait, what? Maddy, that makes no sense."


"The only time we have really been apart was when we were broken up. I wanted to make sure that we could survive while being apart, really being apart."


"Why don't you think we could survive."


"I'm putting this wrong.I wanted to make sure that I could survive without you. I wanted to know that I would be able to get along normally without you here with me."


"Why wouldn't you think you would be okay?"


"I don't know. Forget I said it."


"No, explain it to me."


"I just don't feel safe when you aren't around."


"Is it because of all the paparazzi and stuff?"


"A bit, but but not really."


"Then what is it?"


"I don't know. It's weird," I began as I sat next to him," I just feel like you keep me together and when you aren't around I feel like I could fall apart."


"Hey," he wrapped me in his arms," we are always gonna be okay. You are going to be okay. Now I might not be alright because I go crazy when you aren't around. Hopefully, when I get back down from the mountains I'll get some real time off and we can plan this wedding together and sort things out."


"Yea I hope so. I'm really scared of having to plan this wedding."


"You don't have to be scared. We'll figure it out together."


"We don't even have a date or a place."


"We have plenty of time, I wouldn't worry so much about it."


"You're right," I stood up off the bed," I should go call Jade so that we can hang out. I feel bad, it's been awhile."


"You should take her to a show or something."


"Yea, we'll figure out something. What are you gonna do?"


"Uh," he hesitated for a second," I guess I'll just go back. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright."


"I'm fine," I assured him.


"You sure?" he asked as he made his way across the room, in front of me," I know it's a lot, but I know with out a doubt that you are strong enough to pull through this."


I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on top of my head.


"I'm gonna get going, okay?" he whispered as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I answered him a near-silent "okay" before kissing his lips. Not even a second into the kiss and his phone rang. It was some obnoxious ringtone. He sighed and gently leant his forehead into mine and he dug in his pocket for his phone.


"It's ryan," he informed," I should take it." He stood up straight and answered his phone. I fiddled with the string of his hoodie and paid close-to-no attention to his conversation. I sighed as I waited impatiently for his quick mumbling to end. He noticed, and quickly wrapped up the conversation.


"I have to go, they want to start working on some stuff soon."


"Alright," I said reluctantly," call me when you make it up there, okay?"


"I promised," he assured, quickly pecking my lips before walking back out the bedroom door. I head him make his way down the hallway, open the door, and then shut it again as he left. I felt lonely again, but Jade was here and I was really excited to hang out with her. I instantly reached for the phone, not wanting to let the loss of Brendon settle in. I think it's worse knowing that I will be with him again so soon. It really makes the anticipation scratch at your nerves. I quickly dialed in her cell and waited impatiently as it rung.


"So how'd it go?" she greeted.


"Fine," I simply replied.


"Was he angry that you disappeared?"


"No just concerned, but I think that he knew I would be here. I mean where else would I go?"


"True, so are the three of us going to hang out?"


"Not exactly. Brendon had to get back up to the cabin, so it'd just you and me. You know what? You should just stay here. We can have a sleep over!"


"Oh my, Maddy. You are excited, aren't you?"


"Extremely, now get over here."


"I already paid for the room. You come over here. There's room service and awesome hotel food, trust me I've tried it."


"What about Ella?"


"Just bring her."


"Bring a dog to a hotel?"


"Yeah, I'm here under my bosses names and she is one of their best customers so they won't mind."


"Alright, if you insist."


This was going to be one crazy night.
Sign up to rate and review this story