Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Does He Love You?

Chapter Three

by Tissamy 1 review

School Shmool.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-11 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 1110 words

0Unrated
I stepped out of the steam filled bathroom, clad in only a towel, and ran across the hall to my room. I did my usual routine of getting dressed and doing my makeup and went out to the living room.

One week in Maryland and I've already got a routine.

Hours passed with me watching whatever came on the Disney Channel. It was around five o'clock when Lizzy McGuire came on for the tenth time. I groaned and shut the TV off. Hilary Duff was really starting to get on my nerves.

After only a few minutes the front door opened to reveal my tired cousin who had just gotten off work. She walked over to me and shoed me out of the house telling me that I had "wasted my day away when I could've been out making friends". After grabbing my cell phone and jacket I made my way to the park that was only a few blocks away.

I sat on one of the swings and began kicking at the dirt beneath my feet. My parents hadn't called me since the day I arrived and only then to make sure I was with Kelly. I think they really did want to just completely get rid of me.

I sighed and glanced at the clock on my phone. Only 5:30. I knew Kelly wouldn't let me come home until I had concocted some super about this rad person I got to know and how we're now BFF's.

That would probably take a few hours. I'm a bad liar.

"You look lonely." I jumped at the voice and looked up to see one of the guys who had helped me move in. Joel I think.

"You scared the hell out of me. What are you doing here?" He occupied the swing next to me and looked at the evening sky.

"Last time I checked this was a public park." He chuckled. "Too much drama at home. What are you doing here?"

"Kelly made me leave the Disney Channel." He laughed and began swinging gently. After a few minutes of silence Joel kicked off swinging higher into the air.

"I bet you I can swing higher than you." He dared me. I smirked at him and kicked my feet off the ground.

"You're so on." Swinging always was my thing.

------------------------------------------


"Kelly you can't make me do this." My cousin let out an evil cackle and began dragging me in the direction of the building. "You know I'm just going to leave right?"

"And you know I can put a stop to that." I groaned and pulled my arm out of Kelly's grasp. I fell in step beside her and stared at my feet. "You know it's not going to be that bad Anna. Benji and Joel are in your grade. At least you know someone."

"First of all, I've met Benji once. Secondly, Joel is mad at me because I can swing higher than him. And lastly, I don't like meeting new people!"

My cousin laughed and shoved me inside the local high school. I began mumbling profane things under my breath as I saw her laugh and walk away. Waving oh so 'kindly' before she got in her car.

I walked into the main office and got my schedule and whatever else it was I needed for the first day of school.

Only the middle of August and we're already starting school. Back in Utah I'd still be enjoying my summer.


---------------------------------------------

Two classes into the day and I was already missing summer more than anything. It didn't help that my first two classes, math and english, weren't really my thing. But art, my next class, was sure to be something I'd enjoy.

"Hello. Can I help you?" That's sure my way of making a good first impression on the first day of school. Being late to the only class I was sure to pass.

"Uhh, I'm new here. Anna Walker."

The teacher smiled at me and introduced herself to me as Mrs. Scazzaro. She pointed to a table near the middle of the room where a boy with dyed blonde hair was sitting at and asked me to sit there. I did as I was told and allowed her to move on with her lesson.
One hour and thirty-five minutes later, and I was free to do as I pleased. Or at least I was free to make a call on my cell phone. That's all I really ever cared about.

I walked out the side doors and found a tree. I slid down it and opened my phone. One missed call and it was from Quinn. I smiled and quickly dialed his number. He answered on the fifth ring.

"Hello?" He answered sounding like he was trying to catch his breath.

"What are you doing at this moment that causes you to breathe hard?" He laughed. I could just imagine his smile.

"I was just in the bathroom thinking of you and playing with my dingalingaling." I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Don't dis on Chuck Berry because I know you're lying Quinn. Or if you're telling the truth I know that Bert was in there with you." Quinn made a gagging noise but stopped when he started coughing badly. "Are you okay baby?"

"Yeah. I think I've got a cold. Why didn't you answer when I called earlier?"

"First day of school. Remember?"

"School shmool. You should just drop out like me." I rolled my eyes.

"And then when would I get the pleasure of seeing you?"

"I'd come to Maryland and rescue you in our super band van." I laughed and waved at Joel who was walking in my direction.

"Have you guys been able to get a gig yet?"

Quinn sighed."No, but we're still trying. Bert and Branden are trying to talk Joey into flashing one of the club owners to get us a gig."

I laughed."Well tell her to do it for me Quinny. I've got to go babe. Call me tonight?"

"Will do. I love you Annie."
"I love you too Quinny." I shut my phone just as Joel sat down next to me.

"Talking to lover boy?" I punched him in the arm and his eyes went wide.

"Ow, that hurt Anna." He sounded surprised. I laughed and punched him again.

"That's what you get for talking about my Quinn." Joel groaned and stood up. He grabbed my hand and made me stand. He started pulling me back towards the school.

"Come on. There's someone I want you to meet." I groaned.

Meeting people is so not my style.
Sign up to rate and review this story