Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[23.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Letter.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-14 - Updated: 2009-02-06 - 428 words

0Unrated
-patrick's pov-
I sat motionless on the hard wooden pew.
I tried to think of anything I possibly could,like how the black suit I wore was stiff and uncomfortable and how the preacher spoke in monotone about your life which bothered me because you were so much more than monotone. I thought about how Allie still looked beautiful even though her makeup was smeared from the tears running down her cheeks.
I thought about how Madi looked anywhere but toward me.
I basically thought about anything I possibly could to keep my mind off the haunting truth that you were gone. And you weren't coming back. Ever.

See, I wasn't really there at your funeral. Physically yes. But my mind was too busy playing reruns of us.The first time we met,then us playing Monopoly at 4 am and then making grilled cheese sandwiches. The awkward moments,the fights,and the times that made me remember why we were best friends. Oh yeah and by the way, I know you wanted to be the best man when me and Allie get married. I fully intended to make you the best man, even though I said it wasn't gonna be you. I was kidding. I need you to know that. So I'm just not gonna have a best man because they just wouldn't be the 'best'.

You know, I read that letter to me in your journal. I would have never told you that I did.
It was real nice but I'm sure you understand by now that my heart is locked up and the key never existed because I only have real love for one person. But that's why I'm writing you back because every letter deserves a response. Only I guess there's really no mailing address for this one. There should be a mailing address to heaven, honestly.

You are a beautiful person. The words and music that left your mind were nothing short of incredible. It makes me sad to think of all the things that are still locked up in there, that would have been released if things had gone differently. There will never,ever be someone even remotely as talented as you. You are impossible to replace. They really did break the mold when they made you.

Just promise me one thing, if you ever somehow get the chance to re-do your life, please stop at the red lights. Because you broke a few hearts when you hit that gas pedal. I miss you like crazy.

And I love you too,Pete.

-Patrick
Sign up to rate and review this story