Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Second Chances

Chapter 14

by doyleangel 2 reviews

Gabe and Pete have a talk, and something is revealed.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-15 - 830 words - Complete

0Unrated
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REVIEWED. THEY MADE ME HAPPY. ALAS, THIS STORY IS ALMOST OVER, ONLY ONE OR TWO MORE CHAPTERS AFTER THIS ONE.

CHAPTER 14

Gabe awoke the next morning to a blinding light and a pain in his neck. He quickly closed his eyes and maneuvered his body into a sitting position, stretching his neck out and slowly letting his eyes adjust to the light. He’d gone out on the balcony last night to think, and when that didn’t work, he drank. He must have fallen asleep on the patio sofa. He still didn’t understand what was going on. He couldn’t fully believe that Pete and Kristen had slept together. In all the years they had known each other, it was only happening now?
Gabe was so lost in thought that he didn’t notice Pete come outside and sit in the chair next to the sofa. Pete cleared his throat, and Gabe looked over at him. He had mixed feelings about this person now. Pete, one of his best friends, had slept with the woman he once loved. Ha, once loved. Who was he kidding? Who he still loved. But that wasn’t enough, he didn’t know if he could ever trust her again after what she’d done, and that just made everything more difficult.
“Did you sleep out here?”
Gabe turned to face Pete. “Yeah, I think I just…passed out or whatever.”
Pete just nodded his head. Neither of them spoke, they just looked out at the view. Pete was the one to speak first.
“You need to talk to her.”
Gabe laughed a little bit. “Talk to her about what? About how she slept with my best friend? How she’s now having his baby? How she broke my heart? What exactly am I supposed to talk to her about?”
“All of it.”
“There’s something you need to know Pete. It’s about me and Kristen…and possibly the baby.”
“I already know you two slept together.”
Gabe raised an eyebrow. “How?”
“She told me.”
“And you don’t think that the timing could make that baby mine just as much as it could be yours.”
Pete mumbled something under his breath that Gabe couldn’t understand.
“What?”
Pete shook his head. “Nothing. Look, you need to go talk to her. Get the details. Trust me, you want to know.”
“What do I want to know Pete? How she could just sleep with another man when we were together? How everything we had meant nothing to her? How she acted like a slut?”
Gabe could tell that Pete was getting angry, but he didn’t care. It’s how he felt.
“That’s not fair. One person doesn’t make you a slut, and you know that.”
“Ok fine, not a slut, but still, she had no regard for me what-so-ever. I was going to PROPOSE to her, but she ruined that.”
“YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT, SHE NEVER CHEATED ON YOU!!!”
The minute the words left his mouth Pete threw his hand over it. Gabe looked at him in complete shock.
“What did you just say?”
Pete shook his head and stood up. “No, nothing. Go talk to her.”
Gabe grabbed his arm to stop him. “What do you mean she never cheated on me? And don’t tell me to go talk to her, you need to tell me right now.”
Pete sighed and relented. He told Gabe everything that Kristen had told him about why she had lied to Gabe. When Pete was done talking, he sank back down on the chair.
“She never cheated. She never betrayed that trust. The only thing she really did was lie to me. Granted, it was a huge lie, but still…”
Gabe couldn’t believe it. All those years of believing that she never cared, only to find out that more than cared. She’d cared more about his happiness than her own, so she gave him what she thought he would have wanted. Yeah, he was pissed about everything, but not like he use to be. He wasn’t mad because she’d broken his heart, because she didn’t care. He was mad because of all the time that was wasted because she didn’t fully believe in their love. It hurt just a little bit to realize that, but he knew what he had to do. He had to talk to her.
Gabe jumped up from the chair and raced through the apartment, grabbing his wallet and his keys. He bolted out the front door, made it to his car and headed off to Kristen’s apartment.
Pete still stood on the patio after watching Gabe race out of the apartment. Ashlee stepped out there with him.
“Where is he off to in such a hurry?”
“Kristen’s.”
Ashlee nodded her head. “It’s about time.”



PLEASE review....they motivate me
Sign up to rate and review this story