Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pieces Of Me

“You’re the Diane Court To My Lloyd Dobbler!”

by xStabxMyxBackx 0 reviews

W00T!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-17 - 1189 words

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen: “You’re the Diane Court To My Lloyd Dobbler!”
I’m Outside Of Your Window With My Radio…You Are The Only Station, You Play The Song I Know…You Are The Song I Know…
~Hawthorne Heights

“I am complete in your eyes…
Your eyes…”


“Hm?”I said, waking up to the music playing outside.

I rubbed my eyes as I flicked on my lamp and saw it was 12:30 a.m. I kept hearing Peter Gabriel.

“What the hell…?”I said, when I looked out of my window at the crazy person.

When I pushed back the curtains and opened the window, the light from my room spilled onto the person.

I gasped.

It was William, wearing a brown trenchcoat, looking absolutely gorgeous, holding an old nineteen eighty something radio above his head, Peter Gabriel pouring out of it. Dogs and people were barking and yelling all around him, but it didn’t matter.

“Oh my God.”I whispered.

“No! Wait!”He yelled, when I started to shut my window.

“What are you doing?”I yelled back.

“This is my way of apologizing to you.”He said. I rolled my eyes and began to close my window again.

“—For everything! Wait! Please!”He said.

I sighed and re-opened my window, again.
“You’re the Diane Court to my Lloyd Dobbler!”He said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“William, I don’t have the time for this! It’s fucking midnight! Go Home!”I said.

“I—I know it’s late, but please give me a chance. Please.”He begged.

I bit my lip. How/Why does he do this to me?

I sighed. “Fine, come to the door, but be quiet, Jessica is asleep.”I said. He smiled and went to the door.

I sighed, pulled on my cotton robe not bothering to change out of my tank top and boy shorts, and walked down the hall. I got to the door and let him in.

“Sit down.”I said, as we walked into the living room. “—But don’t get comfortable.”I added sharply. He winced at my tone/words.

I sat on the couch properly, all business.

“What.”I said, not sounding like a question at all.

“I—I want to apologize for Pete’s party, for your party…”He said, I cut him off. “Jessica’s party.”I corrected.

“Okay…I want to apologize for being a total fucking douchehead asshole.”He said.

I still just looked at him.

“Better?”He said.

“It’s a start.”I said, shrugging.

He sighed, slightly relieved.

“I…guess we can be friends.”I said, pulling my legs up under me.

“You guess? I was thinking that we could be…you know…more?”He said.

“I have a boyfriend.”I said, my heart thumping.

“Oh.”He said, looking…brokenhearted?

“Are you done?”I said, wanting him to leave/kiss me.

“Wait…”He said, pulling something out of his jacket pocket. He pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and began reciting something. “…I can’t sleep without knowing there’s hope. Half the night I waste in sighs, in a wakeful doze I sorrow, for the hand…the lips…the eyes…for the meeting of tomorrow.”

I knew that quote anywhere. It was possibly the most romantic one ever.

But why does he break my heart just when everything goes good?

“William…do you try to break my heart?”I said.

“No, I don’t.”He said.

“So…it’s just…convienient then hmm?”I said.

“What are you talking about?”He said.

“Well, the past few times we’ve clashed, it always had something to do with sex or your barbie girlfriend. And frankly, I’m fucking sick of it.”I said.

“I’m so—“

“No, I have to tell you. When you hurt me the last time, I decided I was done. I was going to move on. But no, you had to come back one last time…tonight.”I said. “When we first met, I was totally happy. Then, gradually my heart began breaking more and more, until I was broken completely. You don’t know how wrong I was to think that I loved you. I was scared to have feelings for another guy and that’s why I turned down Jacob a billion times until I finally gave in.”

“Wow.”He said.

“Did nothing I say that night mean anything to you?”I said.

“It meant everything to me. I was scared.”He said.

I snorted.

“Scared, yeah right. How?”I said.

“I was scared you’d be like Britney.”He said.

“Then why did you go back to her if you knew how she was?”I said.

“I don’t know. She has ways of getting what she wants.” He said.

“Then why do you come back to me?”I whispered.

“Because I go weak for you. I love you.”He whispered.

I almost thought I felt my heart stop and my cheeks burned.

“William…”I breathed, slowly closing my eyes.

I could hear us both breathing slowly, each of us planning the next thing.

I slowly opened my eyes.

“I…”I breathed slowly. He looked from his hands to my eyes.

Whatever I wanted to say didn’t spill out. Instead…

“I…I have a boyfriend.”I whispered, my heart shattering.

Pick up the pieces William, and stop being such a pussy.

“But…I…”I whispered, emotions flooding my mind.

I saw him swallow and not look so heartbroken.

“I…I love you too.”I whispered, looking into his eyes.

I swear, if looks spoke volumes, he would’ve been screaming ‘I Love This Woman’ to the heavens.

Suddenly, he put his arms around me and held me close as he kissed me hard, so much love and passion pouring out. I felt my shaking hands clutch his hair, melting into him.

I sighed his name as we pulled away and he trailed his fingertips slowly down my cheek, us wrapped around each other.

“Please tell me it’s real this time.”

We both quickly pulled away, blushing madly when we saw Jessica standing in the doorway, her arms crossed, looking sleepy.

We both looked at each other.

She sighed. “I heard you two talking, then you stopped talking, so I figured you were making out.”

William gave me a look that said ‘For real this time?’

I gave him a reassuring look.

“It’s real this time.”William said, slipping his hand in mine and intertwining our fingers.

I sighed, happy for the first time in months.
Jessica sighed, relieved. “Thank God.”She said, walking back to her room.

William looked back at me and ran his thumb over my knuckles.

“Come on.”I said softly, getting up and leading him to my bedroom.

He stripped down to his boxers and slid into bed with me, wrapping his arms around my waist and I cuddled into his chest, sighing deeply.

“I love you.”I whispered.

“I really, really love you too.”He whispered back, kissing the top of my head.

I could never get enough of that.
Sign up to rate and review this story