Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

We're Not Normal

by wheresyourheart 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-07-19 - Updated: 2008-07-20 - 828 words

0Unrated
Mikey had just finished his second peice of ice cream cake when mom asked us if we wanted to watch a movie.

"Nah, I'm pretty tired," I told her as I stood up.

"You're sure you don't want any?" she asked me, pointing to the cake and looking concerned. I nodded. Usually I would have eaten, like, the whole cake. I just didn't have much of an appetite.

Mom nodded, "Alright," she said, then turned to Mikey and asked him if he wanted another peice.

Mikey stared longingly at the already half-gone round yellow cake then glanced at me and gave me the hairy eyeball. Turning back to mom, he said, "Um, I'm pretty full, ma," then patted his stomach. Not that it was very convincing.

"Okay," Mom said, closing it up and putting it back in the freezer so it wouldn't get all melty, but she seemed skeptical. I knew Mikey was trying to make me wrong, and it was kind of amusing.

"I'm going to go lay down," I said to no one in particular, then got up from my place at the table and walked downstairs to my room. I stopped halfway down to listen to the conversation in the kitchen.

"Thought you were full?" Mom said.

Mikey responded with an, "Um, no, it's just so good."

"I don't want you to get sick," Mom said.

"I'm actually still hungry," Mikey insisted.

I heard the freezer door open and the opening of the plastic dome over the frozen treat. I shivered, but not because it was cold. It was actually uncomfortably hot, seeing as dad wanted to save money on electricity so he hardly let us touch the dials on the air conditioner.

How was it that I could never know what we were having for dinner before, even how many slices of cake Mikey was going to eat? This was just too weird.

I pulled the fan over next to my bed, turned it on, then plopped down in front of it, laying on my side. I got that ringing in my ears again.

"Gerard, I love you so much," an unfarmiliar female voice said quietly.

I shot up and looked around, said, "Hello?"

"Please don't leave," the same voice said.

"But I have to, everyone's counting on me, honey," said a male voice. The voice sounded like me, but a bit deeper.

The female sighed, then said worriedly, "Just... I know you'll stay faithful to me. I know you won't let fame get to your head."

"Olivia, of course I will!" The male said. "I have the most," a pause, then the sound of kissing, and he continued, "amazing," more kissing, "woman here, at home," another kiss, "in New Jersey."

The female--- Olivia--- giggled, "Gee, no cheating on me with---" but then the voice stopped.

"Hello?" I said again, but I already knew I was talking to an empty room. I couldn't help but say, "What the fuck?" a few times, too.

The male, who I guess is me in the future (I would believe anything right now) let out a contagious laugh and said, "You know nothings going on between me and---" he didn't finish--- I didn't finish. "Call me anyt---"

"Gerard?" this time the voice was coming from the door, and when I looked up, I saw that it was Mikey. "You... you all right?"

"Huh?" I asked, feeling a little lightheaded.

"You're really white," he told me.

"Sure," I said, then laid my head back down on the pillow and faced the fan.

My little brother crawled next to me on my bed and said, "I saw something again."

I was silent, so he continued, "You were working in an office building, and you were older. And you were drawing again! It was so cool, Gee. It was awesome. You were like making this comic book for some people and they loved it!"

Turning around, I looked at him, "You really saw that?"

Mikey nodded, his face bright.

"That is pretty cool, " I told him, then vowed to myself to start drawing (and enjoying it) tomorrow.

We were silent again for a couple minutes, then he said, "We should tell mom and dad."

I looked at him again, and said, a little too sternly, "/No/."

This time he looked hurt, "But why? Maybe they know things that are going to happen, too."

"Trust me, Mikey. It's not normal. We're not normal. Now go to bed."

Then I rolled over and dozed off.









_______________________
Thanks so much for the reveiws on the last few chapters, you don't know how much I apprectiate them and look forward to reading everyone's feedback. Sorry it took me longer than usual to update, I wanted this chapter to be really good, I'm always afraid that people will like my story but then I will move it in a different direction and people won't like it. So that's usually why I take so long. Yep!!
So reveiws :)
Sign up to rate and review this story