Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

What's For Dinner?

by wheresyourheart 3 reviews

the first one.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-15 - 659 words

0Unrated

After being questioned by the police and giving them discriptions of the two people who'd just robbed where I work and almost shot me in the head, I was aloud to go home. (But not after thanking Jen, who'd actually run back to call the police.) During the ride their, my parents were all over me for the first time in months. Their were hugs and kisses and "Oh, honey, I love you"s. It seemed like all of a sudden they cared about me. To be honest, it almost felt fake. Except for Mikey, he seemed pretty geniune.

A few hours after I'd gotten settled in, he came in and sat down at the foot of my bed. I was sitting on a chair, my feet crossed on my desk, trying to read a book about vampires, but failing miserably because the days event kept replaying in my head.

"So, um, what happened? At,uh, you know," Mikey asked. He seemed like he already knew the answer, and I mean the full answer, not what the police had told my parents. I told him the story anyway.

"I was eating chips at the counter, and these two guys came in. I didn't even know they were there, you know? And then all of a sudden their demanding money and cussing. They..." I trailed off.

My twelve-year-old brother looked at me, trying not to cry, and said, "I'm so glad she didn't kill you."

Stop. Rewind. What?

"How do you know it was a she?" I asked, a bit weirded out. Mikey was being so serious.

He shrugged, then bit his lip. "I should have made you stay home."

"Mikey, there's no way you could have known or stopped it," I told him.

"But I tried. I shut your alarm off, and then mom made me wake you, and then---"

"Wait," I stopped him. "How did you know?"

He then took a deep breath in, said, "Remember last night?" I nodded, he continued, "I had a dream, but I didn't know if it was real, so I didn't know if I should tell you..."

"What the fuck, Mikey," I said. "Not funny."

He started crying and said, "I'm not kidding!" And I knew that I had to believe him. Because, frankly, Mikey sucks at acting.

Giving him a hug, I whispered, "I believe you. And I'm quitting the job." I felt him nod on my shoulder. "And, um," I started. He pulled away and looked at me. "Can you sleep in here tonight? I'm kind of scared... well, a lot scared."

Mikey smiled at me, "Of course, big bro."

There was silence, until our mom shouted, "Dinner!" from upstairs.

"What do you think we're having?" Mikey asked me conversationally, as we slowly made our way up the stairs.

"Um," I said, and then something hit me. I got this weird ringing in my ears and then had a definite answer for him.

"Spaghetti, with that really good sauce, dad made that garlic bread again because he knows I like it a lot and wants to make me feel better, mom made salad and got ceasar dressing. Oh, and the went to DQ and got an ice cream cake with a smiley face on it. You're going to have three peices."

Mikey stopped mid-step to turn around and look at me, then said, "Oh."

And he said it a second time when we stepped into the kitchen, where there was spaghetti, garlic bread, a big bowl of salad with Hidden Valley ceasar dressing. And mom was putting a cake into the freezer.

To say I was weirded out would be a major understatement. But it would only get weirder.











____________________________________
Tell me what you think!
Sorry it's not a top-quality chapter, my dog keeps barking and everything's distracting me.
So as always, REVEIW, and check out my new story about Bob being in love with a ghost, called Heart It Races.
Sign up to rate and review this story