Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

Too Bad I'm Not A Nice Guy

by wheresyourheart 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-07-11 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 1003 words

0Unrated
"Gerard!" Mikey whispered loudly into my ear, shaking me violently. I shot up in my bed and stared at the surrounding darkness, confused.

"Mikey?" I whispered.

"Sorry. I had a bad dream," he said, sounding slightly emberassed. I looked over at the clock, which read 4: 17 a.m.

"It's alright," I whispered back, tiredly pushing over. Lately Mikey had a lot of bad dreams, which meant a lot of visits into my room at around this time, so I didn't really mind. He was my little brother, and I felt like I was obligated to let him sleep next to me in my queen-size bed.

"So what was it about?" I asked as he got settled in. I could feel him shake his head on the pillow. "Just tell me."

"It was so... real," he spoke, in a voice barely audible. "You..."

He was silent for a while, so finally I said, "I what?"

Their was no answer. Figuring he'd fallen asleep, I rolled over and dozed off.




____________________


This time when Mikey woke me up, I got right out of bed and rushed to put my black tee and Pump It Up! gas station vest. Because I was already ten minutes late.

I took the stairs that led up to the rest of the house two at a time (my room's in the basement, how suiting) and ran out the door. I made sure before I made it out to hollar at my mom, "Thanks a bunch for waking me, Ma."

I must have made it to my job in three minutes tops. Let me tell you, I was booking it.

"You're late," said my co-worker, a girl from school I didn't get along too well with, Jen.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. Normally I would have given her a stinging remark, but for some reason today, I felt like letting her off easy. It felt as if something was about to occur.

jen rolled her eyes, and while messing around with her stick-straight blonde hair, said, "Gawd, I have to pee," then click-clacked her high heels to the back of the Mini-mart.

I walked over to the aisle with all the potato chips and grabbed the biggest bag of salt and vinegar, then brought it behind the cash register with me and popped them open, which I was surprised weren't outdated. (We hardly ever got costomers.) This was a healthy breakfast. Not.

I was so busy shoving in my delectable morning meal that I hadn't even noticed the two men walk in and stand at the counter. I looked at them, took in their ensamble, which consisted of extremely baggy clothes (they looked very gangster) and black ski mask.

well, aren't they a couple of friendly faces.

"Gimme all yo' money," the guy on the left said.

I glared at them. That was only because they were unarmed. Atleast until the guy on the right, which I actually think was a girl, pulled out a pistol.

Gulping, I said, "Look, no need for---"

But the guy on the left cut me off, "Yo boy, you better gimme it now before I blow yo' fucking brains out."

My breathe sort of caught in my chest and I felt like I was about to puke up all the crispy fried potatos I'd just scarfed down.

Without speaking, I took my hand out of the chip bag, wiped my hand on my pants, and grabbed the cash box.

Then leaned over the counter and hit gunboy with it.

Um, just kidding. Gotchyeah!

No but really, I passed the box over the counter, which leftie took, who then turned over to gunboy and said, "Finish him off."

I froze. Did he just say...?

"Wait," I said, trying to defend myself. "I won't tell. I'll say I took the money, um..." But that wasn't good enough.

Gunboy said softly, but with anger, "Get over here," Confirming that my suspisions of it being a girl were true. I made my way and stood next to him, trembling with fear. She yanked me down onto my knees and slowly lifted the gun towards my head. That's when I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Jen. She stood staring, mouth ajar, then turned around, probably so her life would be spared. /Bitch/.

"Any last words?" The woman spoke.

"I... I..." That's all I could say, but finally uttered, "I don't know what I did to deserve this."

"You should know," she sneered, "Nice guys finish last."

It was then that I heard police sirens come closer, until they were in the parking lot. The guys ran out the back door as a couple of cops barged through the front door.

"Are you okay?" They asked.

I nodded, then layed down on the cool tile, waiting for myself to stop shaking, and one thought kept bouncing back and forth through my mind; Too bad I'm not a nice guy.








______________________
Um so, second chapter. I changed the beginning, how Gerard knew he was going to meet Frank. I changed to it being that Frank was the only thing he /didn't /know about, just to make it more interesting.
Also, sorry I haven't updated (for anyone that cares). I've been grounded from the computer for stupid reasons. And I just wasn't very motivated.
Remember, reviews make writers motivated. If you like this story, atleast review it. I want to know if it's just a waste of time or if people actually enjoy it.
Okay, ONE MORE THING. I have this idea for a story. I'm wondering If I should do it, because it's stuck in my head.
Basicly, it's about Gerard and when he sleeps he dreams about some guy in like Hawaii around the time of Pearl Harbor. Whenever Gerard sleeps, his dreams are of this guy waking up, living through a whole day, then when that guy goes to sleep, Gerard wakes up. Probably confusing to you? I don't know where to go with it. Just getting the idea out there.
Sign up to rate and review this story