Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 10- I Would Marry You If I Could

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Mrs. Stuart comes to the hospital and we learn a little bit more about Mr. Stuart. Also Josh and Kat's relationship gets stronger.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-07-21 - Updated: 2008-07-22 - 1741 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter! Please rate and review! Tell your friends!

Mrs. Stephanie Stuart’s POV

When I arrived at the hospital I ran to admission and they said I couldn’t see Katherine because I wasn’t direct family. So I walked to the sign handing over the elevator and read it.
Level 1- Patients with major cuts, bruises, and aches.
Level 2- Testing rooms and pregnancy tests.
Level 3- Patients with minor surgery’s.
Level 4- Patients with major diseases.
Level 5- Patients with major surgery’s.
Level 6- Patients who are in critical conditions.
Level 7- Patients with drug/alcohol related illnesses.
Level 8- Patients with sexually transmitted diseases.
Level 9- Cafeteria
I decided that Level 5 probably be where Katherine was so I the jabbed the elevator button and the door swung open. I stepped in then pressed the little red 5 button and then the elevator rumbled and it started to go up. I stood impatiently in the elevator until it opened at Level 5 and I hopped out. There was another elevator next to the one I had come from, a black door across from us, and two wood doors with windows and a telephone placed on the wall next to it. I walked over to the wood doors and tried to push them open but they wouldn’t budge. So I picked up the phone.
“Hello?” I asked into the phone waiting for someone to answer back.
“Hello and welcome to Level 5 for patients with major surgery’s, how may I help you?” Said a bored woman.
“Uh I am here to see Katherine Cole.” I said nervously I didn’t know whether they’d let me in.
“From what I have here, no one but direct family is allowed to see her.” The bored woman said sounding aggravated.
“I am her direct family.” I said.
“Okay, what are you her mom? Because she’s already in seeing her. And her father already came and went.” She said dully.
“I am her sister.” I said trying to sound young.
“Okay whatever, she is on the right of the hall in room 126.” She said and I heard her hang up the receiver.
I hung up the phone then waited, and to my amazement the doors opened. I walked down the hall and peered at plaques on the right walls next to each door. When I reached room number 126 there was a clipboard attached to the door that read “Katherine Marie Cole, in under rib and arm surgery. Critical condition must be checked every half hour. Keep breathing device in nose for seventy-six hours and remove only unless she doesn’t need it. She should get up and walk around after thirty-two hours and can only see direct family until three o’clock p.m. Tuesday, July 22nd.”
I quietly opened the door and walked in. Katherine and Elizabeth were lying on the bed sleeping soundly and a nurse was checking Katherine’s vital signs. I looked at them and smiled, they were so peaceful looking and I didn’t want to wake them so I left the room and sat down on the bench outside Katherine’s room. The nurse just walked out and smiled at me. I have no idea what to do here so I think I will call Willard.

Joshua’s POV

Mom had left nearly an hour and a half ago and we still haven’t heard from her, Colin had heard mom leave and I had to tell him what happened. When I told him exactly what I had heard on the phone he nearly started bawling (when I said Katherine died) but yet again he recovered fairly quick. Dad has been home for the last three days and I don’t know how well that is going with his work because every other time the phone rings it’s for dad. He keeps on taking the cordless phone into his room to yell at whoever was calling and say that there was a family crisis and that he’s going to be taking a few days off.
I barely ever see my dad, he gets up at like five in the morning to leave for work and gets back around midnight. It’s a wonder he can actually tell George and Joey apart. Mom said that he is a dedicated man and without him we wouldn’t have any money at all.
Mom works also but she doesn’t make much. She works for the local bakery every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. She makes about ten bucks an hour and she only works like seven ours, so seventy bucks a day. She doesn’t have a good job, but it’s not like she even needs to work because dad pays for everything. He makes loads of money at his job and the reason why we haven’t been on a family vacation (except for going to visit grandma and grandpa on Christmas) is because he is saving that money to put my brothers and I through college.
The phone just rang actually and I figured since the last call was from mom’s sewing club that it would be for dad and let him get the phone. But to my surprise it was for me, he brought the phone into my room and laid it on my bed.
“It’s for you son.” He said quietly then walked out of my room leaving the door wide open.
“Hello?” I asked and sat up straight in my chair.
“Hi honey, it’s mom.” My mom said quietly.
“Hey mom, what’s the matter?” I asked and moved towards the door but George, Joey, and Colin all walked in and sat on my bed. I closed the door behind them and rolled my eyes.
“Oh nothing honey, Katherine is alright. She is sleeping with her mother right now and I guess Mr. Cole has already left.” She said sighing.
“Did he do anything to her?” I asked and Colin shifted uneasily in his chair.
“No, not from what I can tell. So how’s dad?” She asked.
“He’s fine. Still getting the usual calls from work.” I said looking around my room.
“Uh-hold on.” My mom said and I heard a rustling noise from the phone.
“Stephanie?” I heard Mrs. Cole ask from behind my mom. I tried to listen to what they were saying but since my mom wasn’t talking into the phone it was hard to hear. Finally my mom began to talk to me.
“Honey?” She asked.
“Yea mom?” I asked back.
“Katherine is awake and she would like to talk to you.” My mom said and my brothers jumped up.
“Uh yea sure ma.” I said and I heard her moving.
“Here she is.” My mom said gently.
“Hello?” I heard Katherine croak.
“Katherine!” I shouted with joy.
“Hi Josh.” She said, her voice sounding groggy.
“Are you alright? We were so worried about you!” I said.
“I’ve been better.” She said.
“You sound horrible.” I said then realized horrible wasn’t a good thing.
“Uh… thanks?” She said trying to giggle but the she coughed.
“That’s not what I meant,” I said. “I mean I thought you were gone, I was so worried. I thought that everything close to my heart always left before I got a chance to tell it how I truly felt.” I said that with all my heart and I ignored my brothers making faces at me.
“Well I’m not gonna leave. And maybe if I do leave you should tell me how you really feel right now. Because this may be your last chance.” She said and I had a horrible feeling that she was going to die.
“I love you.” I said looking out my window at the flowers on her balcony. “Ever since the day we met I fell head over heals for you. I don’t know how I even lived before without you in my life. You complete me.”
She took a deep breath in and I heard her sob.
“Uh-are you crying?” I asked quietly.
“Yes… no one has ever told me that before. O-Or anything l-l-like that. You complete me too!” She said still crying, but of joy.
“I love you Katherine Marie Cole, and if I was twenty-one and out of college I would marry you.” I said and I heard her laugh but then she began to cough again.
“I would marry you too! I love you Joshua Matthew Stuart!” She said.
“I love you Katy.” I said breathing in deep and I heard my brothers leave the room.
“I love you Joshy.” She said and I could tell she was smiling. “Josh I have to leave the doctor is here to see me. I can’t wait until tomorrow. I love you, bye!”
“I love you too, bye.” I said and we both hung up. I stood up and felt like I was floating. I floated all the way out of my room and down the hall. As I passed George and Joey’s room I heard George whisper “Piss-off,” but I didn’t care. I went into my dad’s room and gave him the phone and then went downstairs and grabbed my jacket and trainers. I had some shopping to do.

Katherine’s POV

Josh and I are officially in love. I don’t want to be Viktor’s god damn descendant; I don’t want to die in the arms of a vampire. I can’t leave Josh after what just happened. I made sure that he told me what he wanted to so that when I did die, it wouldn’t be as horrible for him. I mean at least he told me he loves me and he knows I love him too! But I am still not happy that I have to die, maybe I will get lucky again and Raymond will let me go or stop Helena from killing me. Or maybe they’ll find another descendant that they can use and I will be old news. I don’t want to die now, not when everything’s finally working out. Sometimes I hate my life when I am absolutely head over heels for it.

I hope you guys like this chapter! Please rate and review! Tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story