Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 8- The Ups and Downs of Being a Descendant

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine goes to Helena's house and is put in more danger then she thought.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Erotica,Horror - Published: 2008-07-12 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 3615 words - Complete

1Exciting
I hope you guys like this chapter! Please rate and review!

Katherine’s POV

“Get her,” Helena said standing up. Raymond and Lucius grabbed my wrists and pulled them behind my back, I was too tired to fight anymore. They pulled my hands behind me and taped them together with duck tape. Then Helena tied a bandana around my mouth then topped it off with some duck tape.
“You little bitch.” She said punching me across the face and I fell to the ground, “Pick her up!” Helena said then turned and started walking back towards the church.
Raymond and Lucius picked me up ever so nicely then made me follow Helena. I could barely walk, I was certain my ribs were broken because every time I moved or breathed my chest would hurt really badly. I was limping because Helena had tripped me when we were fighting and my arm was bleeding from when her spiked sleeve caught on my skin. Also the spot from where she had hit me in the face stung painfully.
We reached the end of the woods and Helena peered around the side of the church and started walking slowly towards the front of the church. Once we got to the front she saw the church was getting out, my mom and grandma were looking around for me and shouting my name. I tried to shout through the bandana and duck tape but Raymond hit me hard over the head and I fell to the ground.
“They’re coming this way.” Helena said lifting me up by my shirt, “Do you know the invisibility charm?” She asked Lucius.
“Of course.” He said then stared into space and concentrated hard he reached out and touched Helena and I, then Raymond put his hand on Lucius. I felt and tingling sensation that seemed to spread from Lucius’s touch, I looked down and saw nothing. My body was invisible, at first I thought it was unreal but then I moved my arms a little bit and felt the rest of my body. Lucius had let go of me but I still remained invisible. I thought about running from them but right as I was about too I felt a hard hand on my shoulder that made my knees tremble.
“KATHERINE MARIE COLE!” My mom shouted as she came around the corner of the church, “Where could that girl have gone?” My mom said looking confused. Again I tried to make a noise and the hand on my shoulder pushed down even harder which made me fall.
“Go get the car Lucius.” Helena whispered and I felt Lucius pass me. I looked around even though there was nothing to see, we were all still invisible. Then I heard the roar of their cars engine and it made it’s way over to us. It was rather strange to see it because Lucius was still invisible. My mom and grandma were looking around the other side of the church so the hand on my shoulder picked me up then pushed me to the car. My hands were still tape bound so someone opened the door and I climbed in I saw the front door open then the back door close and Lucius started the car and we drove out of the parking lot.
Only ten minutes later the invisibility charm had worn off and we began to reappear, Lucius and Helena were in the front, and Raymond was sitting next to me. I laid my head down on the window and closed my eyes, I was extremely tired and if I died here at least it would be peacefully in my sleep.
-one-hour later-
I woke to find Lucius and Raymond dragging me out of the car and into Helena’s house, again we were invisible. They were pulling me by my arms and my legs were dragging against the ground, I was too tired to actually stand up so I just let them hang limp. Helena opened the door and they pulled me in.
“Set her upstairs in Viktor’s room.” Helena said turning visible again then walking into the room of books.
I looked up and saw they had turned visible too, then the dragged me up the stairs.
“Be careful.” Lucius said looking rather mad.
“What does it matter if she’s hurt or not when she dies?” Raymond said then gave an unpleasant tug on my shirt. We just got to the top of the stairs and the pulled me into a dark room. There was a dead body lying on a gold and green bed. The body had IV’s in his arms and one of those sticky things on his forehead, Lucius and Raymond dragged me over to where the other end of the IV’s were then shoved them into my arm barely paying attention whether they were hitting my vein or not.
Helena appeared at the doorway holding the same book I had seen in my vision, she walked over to Viktor then grabbed a bottle containing and silver slippery looking liquid and poured some into his mouth. He still lay on the bed completely lifeless. Then she walked over to me and held open my mouth and poured the whole bottle into my mouth. I tried to close my mouth but she had a firm grip on it and did not allow it. I tried not to swallow, the disgusting stiff she had poured into my mouth tasted like shit and I didn’t want to swallow it. She stood up and looked at me then I spit it out all over the cold wood floor.
“DAMN YOU!” Helena shouted then rushed out of the room. Raymond walked over then kicked me hard in the stomach, I groaned a little then shut my eyes hard in pain. My chest hurt so badly now I thought I was going to die.
I opened my eyes once the pain had subsided a little and looked around, there were books and trunks lying around and a bureau that kept on shaking. There were also desks with weird things on them. They looked like vampire devices so I didn’t care to ask, even though I couldn’t.
Helena just walked back into the room holding the book and some more bottles then walked over to Raymond.
“Seeing that Miss Katherine here wasted all of our awakening potion we will need to make more.” She said setting down the bottles on a table that had a cauldron and papers on it.
“Alright.” Raymond said then started to uncork some of the bottles and pouring different amounts of the liquids in the cauldron. After about ten minutes Raymond said,
“Now make a flame great enough to boil it.” He said and Helena stared at the bottom of the cauldron then did put her hand under and a flame appeared. She blinked and moved her hand, it seemed as though the flame didn’t burn her.
“Now what?” Helena asked rather impatiently.
“We have to wait.” Raymond said staring at the potion inside the cauldron.
“Wait!” Helena said angrily, “For how long?!”
“About three days.” Raymond said now looking at Helena.
“ARG!” Helena shouted. “Then will it be ready?” She asked.
“No it has to sit after that.” Raymond said calmly.
“And for how long Einstein?” Helena said now pacing.
“A week.” He said.
Helena made a sound half between a scream and laugh.
“You have become weak Helena Appel.” Raymond said looking disgusted, “You are impatient and are becoming more like these ridiculous humans!”
“I can wait a week.” She said looking furious but her voice was calm.
“Now you are being more reasonable.” Raymond said with a look of slight satisfaction. Then Helena walked over to me and whispered.
“Let’s hope you last that long.” Then she kicked me. I couldn’t take it anymore then felt my eyes close and the rest of my body fell limp.
-four hours later-
“What if she wakes up?” I heard Helena whisper.
“She has been out cold for four hours, who knows she might even be dead by now.” I heard Lucius whisper back.
“But do you think it would be safe to go out? The police are probably looking for her.”
“Yea but they’d never expect it was you. Aren’t you the nice neighborhood babysitter?” Lucius said.
“Yea but…” Helena said and I opened my eyes a little and I saw Helena and Lucius so close if they weren’t talking I would think they were making out.
“Helena I am hungry let’s go get some food!” Lucius said in a loud voice.
“SH! Lucius you don’t want to wake them.” Helena said not looking at me but the other body lying on the ground a few yards away from me. When Helena turned back and looked at Lucius they actually did start making out, so I turned my head a little bit and looked at the body next to me. It was Raymond. I heard Helena giggle then she whispered,
“Stop Lucius not now. That’ll have to wait for the car.” Then I heard them walking out of the room and down the stairs. Then moments later I heard the front door close and the cars engine start. I opened my eyes all the way then struggled to get up, my chest was still hurting and I was light headed. I looked around and saw nothing had changed then I tried to stand up. I pulled my knees out in front of me then stood on them, I pulled one leg out then the other and I was (barely) standing. I looked over at Raymond and made sure he was still sleeping then I quietly walked over to the cauldron and tried to dump it out, it was hard trying to tip something over without making any noise when you have you hands tied behind your back. So I stopped trying that then made my way towards the door, and started down the stairs. I was about three steps down when I heard Raymond shouting for Helena and Lucius, I panicked then tried to go down the steps but I tripped and fell down the whole staircase and landed at the bottom stair, my head closest to the ground. I heard Raymond coming running out of the room.
“Oh my god.” He said then ran down the stairs and helped me up; he looked down at my side and gazed at it like god was sitting there so I looked down to. One of my ribs and went through my skin and shirt. I screamed through the bandana and duck tape on my mouth even though it was muffled and started to cry. Raymond just looked at me for a while like deciding what to do.
“Listen,” He finally said and I looked up at him, “I am going to let you go.” And I gazed at him like he was crazy.
I tried to say “what?” but again it was muffled.
“I cannot give my kingdom up to Viktor he will make it far worse then it already is. So you must leave, but you cannot tell anybody who took you in and if Helena does get you again say you left by yourself and do not mention that I helped you.” He said and I nodded, tears of happiness came to my eyes and then Raymond helped me to the door and checked if the cost was clear.
“Remember,” He said putting his hands on my shoulders softly, “Do not die, whatever you do. And stay inside and with people; do not leave your house. If you leave your just making it easier for Helena.” Then he patted me softly on the shoulder then gave me a small push and I walked out of the door and across the lawns.
The sunlight beat down on me and it felt like it was a million degrees outside, I was only half way across the lawn when my head started to hurt really bad. I looked down at my rib and saw it was bleeding down my shirt and making its way to my pants, it was only about eight but then sun was still hot, my head felt light then I fell into Mrs. Maibach’s giant bushes and fell asleep.

Joshua’s POV

Knock
My mom ran over to the door and answered it.
“Oh hello Elizabeth, what’s the matter?” Mrs. Cole was standing at our door she had tears in her eyes and looked like she had been running around in circles for the last hour.
“You haven’t seen my daughter Katherine have you?” She asked.
“Well no we haven’t seen her all day.” My mom said looking concerned.
“When I tried to call her earlier it went to her voice mail.” I said popping up behind my mom, “Why what happened to her?” I asked looking into Mrs. Cole’s now sad and dark eyes.
“She’s missing.” She said looking down and staring to weep. My mom pulled her into a hug and I ran to my room and locked the door. There was no way she could be missing, so I jumped out of my window and onto her balcony and then into her room.
“KATHERINE! KATHERINE!” I shouted then searched her whole room for her, there was no sight of her anywhere. So I ran back up her room then jumped off her balcony and back into my window. I sprinted down the stairs and saw my mom and Mrs. Cole still standing there.
“I am going to help you find her.” I said grabbing my jacket and pulling it on.
“We’ll all help,” George said and he and my other brothers came down the stairs.
“Oh will you?” Mrs. Cole asked us looking up.
“Of course we will!” My mom said letting go over her then grabbing her own jacket.
“Oh thank you.” Mrs. Cole said wiping her eyes. Then we followed her out of the house and to her driveway where about five police cars were parked. A policeman noticed the bunch of us and walked our way.
“Hello, I am officer Rolland and I will be the head officer of the search for your daughter. I am guessing that you’re some friends?” He asked looking at us.
“Yea we are.” Colin said.
“Well we’re going to have to ask some questions.” He said roughly.
“Alright.” George and Joey said together.
“Where were you this morning around ten till noon?” He asked.
“Sleeping.” George replied.
“And when was the last time you saw Katherine Cole?” He asked.
“Yesterday, we went down town together.” I said.
“Are you in some kid of relationship with Katherine? Like other then being friends?” He asked.
“Yes.” I replied looking down at my trainers.
“Okay and did Katherine have and enemy’s or people who would want to hurt her?” he asked.
“No.” I said, “But you might want to question Helena Appel, Kat never liked her.”
“How did she not like her?” He asked raising his eyebrows.
“Well she said that Helena bit her then they got in a fight or something.” I said. I looked at officer Rolland and he looked confused, personally so was I.
Officer Rolland opened his mouth then one of the other police officers called him over from Helena’s front porch.
“Rolland, come look at this.” Officer Rolland jogged over and we followed him.
“What is it Rookie?” He asked looking annoyed.
“Look.” Rookie said pointing his flashlight down and we saw blood drops on the porch. Rolland looked up then knocked hard on the door, there was no answer. He knocked again and nobody came.
“We’re going to have to investigate this lot.” Rolland said looking up, “Tape it and don’t let anybody out of this house leave it on surveillance.”
“Alright chief.” Rookie said nodding then ran over to a group of police officers.
Rolland started “Well I think-“ but he stopped because Mrs. Cole started bawling.
“Wha-What if t-t-that’s h-her bl-bl-blood?” She said into her hands.
“Ma’am with all due respect, we don’t know if this is her blood or not so stop worrying and your daughters going to be just fine.” He said ever so comforting. Mrs. Cole looked at him like he was the devil.
“I can’t take waiting.” She said walking towards him, “So you better find her alive, or I will kill you.” She said poking him in the chest with every word.
“Yes ma’am.” He said sounding scared.
“Now go!” She shouted and he scrambled off the porch and ran over to the other men.
“You all best be going to sleep.” She said turning towards us.
“We want to stay and help.” Joey said.
“No.” She said not looking at any of us, “Just go back to your house.”
“Elizabeth-“
“Just go.” She said then we all walked off the porch and back into our house.
I walked into my room and lay down on my bed.
She’s gone. I thought to myself. I didn’t even get to ask her to Sarah’s prom party. It will always happen like this, once something good happens to me it leaves as soon as it got here. I stopped thinking because it was causing me pain then silently fell asleep.

I awoke to the sound of sirens, I got up and looked out the window and saw an ambulance and more police cars parked all over the front lawns. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. Joey, George, and Colin were all sitting at the bottom of the stairs.
“What are you guys doing?” I asked leaping over them, “Let’s go see what going on.”
“We cant, mom wont let us go outside.” Joey said.
“Where is mom?” I asked.
“Outside.” Colin said looking up at me; it looked like he hadn’t slept all night.
“Whoa Colin are you okay?” I asked taking a step towards him.
“Couldn’t sleep last night.” He replied rubbing his eyes. Then our mom and dad came in, my mom’s eyes were flooded with tears, we all stood up and walked towards her.
“What happened?” I asked.
They just stood there for a while looking at each other then my mom rested her head on my dad’s shoulders and he looked up at us and said,
“They found her.”
“Where was she?” George asked.
“She fell into the Maibach’s bushes, the big ones about five feet wide.” Dad said using is hands to show us what they looked like.
“Is she okay?” Colin asked looking deeply worried.
Mom just looked up at dad and he looked down at his shoes. She’s dead. I thought then ran out of the house with tears in my eyes. I heard my mom and dad calling after me but I didn’t stop. I ran over to where the policemen were, they were carrying a stretcher with a white sheet over to the ambulance and saw Katherine’s arm dangling off the side. I ran over to it and yelled.
“STOP!” I yelled, the tears reaching the crease of my eyes. All of them stopped and turned to look at me. I walked weakly over to the stretcher and lifted the white sheet off of Katherine. She was lying there with her eyes shut, one of her ribs was coming out of her side and she had many cuts and bruises all over her. She was as pale as the sheet and when I touched her hand it was colder then ice. The tears finally came out, I tried to act brave and hold them in but I couldn’t stop it.
“She’s not dead boy.” One of the men said and I looked up.
“Wha-?” I asked wiping my eyes.
“She’s not dead! Do you not see the breathing tube in her nose?” The same man asked me.
“Oh!” I said and I saw the tube, “Is she gonna be alright?” I asked.
“If you don’t let us do our work! Now move son we gotta get her in the hospital STAT!” Another one said and they lifted her up into the ambulance. I stepped back and watched them drive out of our neighborhood.
Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up and saw my dad.
“I’m sorry son.” He said.
“Why?” I asked.
“If I had been home more I would have understood why that girl meant so much to you.” He said.
“It’s alright dad, it’s not a big deal.” I said turning around and we began to walk towards the house.
“Yea but it is; I am going to start staying home more. And maybe when that girl gets better we can pay her a visit.” He said looking down at me and smiling.
I smiled back up at him then wiped the rest of the tears off my face. The words She’s going to be fine rung in my ears. Those sweet five words meant so much to me, and now I realized not everything has to leave.

I hope you guys like this chapter! Sorry it took me a while to write this, I am a busy woman! I am leaving for vacation (again) tomorrow and I wont be back until 7-19-08. Pleas rate and review! Tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story