Categories > Original > Drama > Blood Sucking Babysitter

Chapter 9- Hospitals

by Mo_Was_Here 0 reviews

Katherine gets to the hospital and... dies?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-07-20 - Updated: 2008-07-21 - 1604 words - Complete

1Exciting
Hey guys I’m back! I hope you like this chapter! Please rate and review! And tell your friends!

Joshua’s POV

Ever since they had taken Katherine into the hospital I had been waiting for Mrs. Cole to call our house and tell us it was okay for us to come visit her. It was two days after when we finally got the call, and as I ran to the phone my mom got to it first.
“Hello?” She asked into the phone.
“Hi Stephanie it’s Elizabeth.” I could hear Mrs. Cole say through the phone.
“Oh hi Elizabeth! How’s Katherine?” My mom asked looking nervous. It took Mrs. Cole a while to answer. Then she took a deep breath,
“Well she’s doing better, when they were bringing her into the hospital from the ambulance she died-“
My mom gasped and I felt blood and tears rush to my face. Then words came sputtering out of my mom’s mouth,
“Oh Elizabeth! I am so sorry! Katherine was such a nice girl! Oh I am so sorry!” My mom babbled.
“Stephanie calm down, they revived her. She is still alive.”
My mom took a deep breath in and looked completely relieved. Then I sneezed and she jumped so badly.
“HOLY SHIT!” She shouted and dropped the spoon she was using to stir our dinner. “Joshua! Don’t sneak up on me like that!”
“Sorry mom!” I shouted and then tried to walk out of the kitchen but I fell over.
“Oh.” Mom groaned and picked me up off the floor and sat me in a stool.
“Sorry Stephanie, Joshua is being silly.” My mom said back into the phone.
“Oh its quite alright.” She said.
“Now you may continue, but only if you want to.” My mom added hurriedly.
“That’s why I called dear!” I heard Mrs. Cole laugh, “Anyways, after they revived her they took her right into the O.R. to put her ribs back in and fix her arm. They also treated her many cuts and bruises around her whole body. They said she had gotten stitches on about three of her cuts. And during the operation her heart did stop several more times. But the doctors did save her every single time. They finished the surgery about twelve hours ago and wouldn’t let me see her until about five hours ago. She is alive now; she is also awake. I just called to tell you that they are not allowing friends to see her yet, just direct family. And that you can come visit her at two o’clock tomorrow if you would like.”
“Oh of course! We will defiantly come see her tomorrow. I will bring Willard too, he hasn’t met Katherine before but I am sure he will like her.” My mom said sounding excited.
“Oh well that’s wonderful!” Mrs. Cole said sounding dull all of a sudden.
“Elizabeth is there something wrong?” My mom asked putting down the spoon again reaching towards our key drawer.
“Richard just came in from the county jail to see her.” Mrs. Cole said sounding faint.
“Oh Elizabeth, calm down dear. Just don’t let him see her alone, and make sure he has police officers with her at all times when he is there.” My mom said putting her hand around the drawer handle.
“I don’t want him to see her!” Mrs. Cole shouted I could hear he sobbing. “He was going to kill her get him away!” Then I heard a rustle from the phone and my mom held it away from her ear.
“NO! Don’t let him in there!” I heard Mrs. Cole shouting, she wasn’t talking to my mom anymore. “NO! DON’T! HE’LL KILL HER! GET HIM AWAY!” She shouted still crying. That’s when my mom closed the phone and opened the key drawer grabbed her keys and ran out of the house without a word.

Katherine’s POV

I woke to the sound of my mom screaming at the top of her lungs. I opened my eyes and peered towards the door she was fighting two policemen and a man in an orange body outfit and handcuffs was backing away towards my door. The policemen managed to calm down my mom a little and one of them sat her down on the bench outside my door while the other opened my door and led the man into my room.
“Oh god.” The man said looking horrified. “Oh Katherine, what else can you get into?” He said peering down at me and the police officer took off his handcuffs.
“Who-?” I began to ask but he shushed me.
“Sweet child don’t speak, do not strain yourself. You are in much pain and I can feel it too. Just stay quiet, and lay in peace while I talk.”
I just looked at him, my eyes half open. I don’t feel any better then I had before I had gone into surgery, my sides ache and so does the rest of my body. I don’t even know this man and he is talking to me like a loving father. And that’s when it hit me; as I looked into the mans dark circled eyes I figured out it was my father.
“Dad?” I croaked. And he started to cry.
“Oh I thought you wouldn’t remember me!” He said hugging me gently and I saw the police officer smile at us then walk out of the room. “I can’t believe this could happen to you! I never ever thought this could happen, someone trying to kill you. Here!”
“Dad,” I croaked and he let go of me. “No one tried to kill me.”
“What are you talking about? Are you trying to tell me that this happened by accident?” He said looking at me with his eyes opened wide.
“I don’t remember what happened.” I muttered. “All I remember was walking out of the church. And that’s the last thing I can remember. I don’t remember anything else.” I said keeping my promise to Raymond.
“Honey, you were found with broken ribs, a broken arm, cuts, bruises, and a bandana over your mouth and duck tape holding you hands behind your back. Someone was trying to kill you but you got away, because you’re a fighter. It’s in your blood.”
It’s in your blood. Those words rung in my ears and I couldn’t find anything to say to my dad.
“You don’t remember anything?” My dad asked breaking my sudden silence.
“Nothing.” I replied looking away.
“You do remember. Don’t you.” He said slowly as if choosing his words carefully.
“I told you I don’t remember a thing, not one little detail.” I said lifting my head a little.
“I know you remember, I can see it in you eyes. The same way I saw it when you killed that man.” He said looking serious. Then he softened because he knew he had not chosen his words carefully enough. I started to cry and he started to babble.
“Oh honey I’m sorry I didn’t mean that, don’t cry! I am sorry; you don’t remember I know you don’t. I believe you! Honey don’t cry!” Then my mom came busting through the door with tears in her eyes.
“GET OUT!” She shouted pointing at the door. She shouted so loud I think the whole state of South Carolina heard her, so my dad being smart got up and left the room. Then she ran over to my bed and hugged me, so began to cry and we laid there on my bed crying for about an hour.
“That bastard,” She began quietly, “He shouldn’t have come here, he should just leave us alone.” She said wiping her nose. Then the police officer came in.
“Mr. Cole would like to say good-bye to Katherine.” He said in a rough voice.
My mom lifted up her head then sat up on my bed staring at the police officer with her deadly gaze.
“And why the hell do you think we want him to come back in here!” She shouted.
“He just wants to say good-bye.” The man said.
“Oh we can say good-bye. GOOD-BYE RICHARD!” My mom shouted at the door where he was standing and waved hysterically. “Are you happy?”
“Ma’am, he has the right to say good-bye and I am afraid I am going to have to remove you from the premises when he does so.” The policemen said and grabbed my mom’s arm and dragged her out of the room. My father walked over to me and sat on my bed.
“I am sorry Katherine.” He started. “And I hope you plea to come home with me during the trail. Because if you don’t, I will kill you and your mother, and your boyfriend.” He said starring at me looking evil.
“No,” I began but he got up and walked towards the door.
“Oh and if you tell anybody about what I just said, you and your mother and your boyfriend will die.” He said quietly then walked out.
“No…No no!” I shouted and began to cry again, then my mother came in and she was crying again. Then she lay down beside me and we cried ourselves to sleep.

Hey guys I am back from vacation! I hope you liked this chapter! Please rate and review! Tell your friends!
Sign up to rate and review this story