Categories > Original > Fantasy > Merchant Of Death

Chapter Fourteen

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Chalise is a Merchant of Death, when you have a person causing a problem, she's the one you call.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-23 - 1154 words

0Unrated
When I woke up I was lying in a small bed, quickly I got up and looked out the window, realizing that I was on a boat.
I ran to the door, ignoring my pounding head and tried to open it. It was locked and I pounded my hands against it in frustration.
Finally I heard footsteps and I backed up as the lock rattled. Piero came in, and closed the door behind him.
“Where is my baby?” I demanded
“She’s fine” Piero said, “of course she’s being kept separate from you. I don’t want you to get any ideas of trying to escape.”
He walked toward me and I stood there, wanting him to know he didn’t frighten me.
“This doesn’t have to be difficult for you,” he said softly, reaching out and touching my face. “You know I want you, give in and you’ll live like a queen.”
He reached out and touched my face gently.
“You’re a beautiful woman Chalise,” he whispered, “I wanted you from the first moment I saw you.”
Angrily I slapped his hand away.
“The only man I want,” I said, “the only man I need, is Peter.”
He snarled and grabbed my hair, as I cried out in pain.
“Sooner or later you’ll come to me,” he said, “either on your feet or crawling on your knees. You better hope that I still want you.”
He roughly threw me on the bed and turned, walking out of the room.

The days passed slowly and the only time I was allowed to see Hope was when they brought her to be fed, I tried to think of a way to escape, during these brief times when I had her. But Piero made sure I was heavily guarded, and I never had a chance.
Finally we neared an island, not Circe’s island, because that had been compromised. I stood at the deck, watching as we approached it, the wind whipping my hair around.
“This is your new home Chalise,” Piero said, coming up behind me.
“Not for long,” I said, “Peter and the other rebels will come for me.”
Piero laughed and grasped my shoulders, turning me around to face him.
“I hope so,” he said, “when they do, they’re in for a nasty surprise.”
He pointed toward the shore, which I realized was heavily guarded and armed. They seemed prepared to take out any unauthorized ship or plane that approached the island.
“I’ve left nothing to chance this time,” he said. “I will not have my prize stolen from me a second time.”
He stepped away from me.
“We dock soon,” he said, “prepare yourself.”
With those words he turned and left, leaving me alone on the deck. I turned and looked at the shore one last time, shivering at the sight of the weapons, then I turned and went back to my cabin.

I was escorted to a beautiful room in the lavish house that Piero owned on the island.
Soon after the door opened and Circe walked in, carrying a beautiful red dress.
“There is to be a party tonight,” she said, “Piero wants to show off his prize to the other immortals. You are to wear this.”
She hung the dress on the back of the closet as I stared at her.
“Why are you here?” I asked, “how can you agree with what Piero is doing?”
Circe looked at me and for the first time I noticed the haunted look in her eyes.
“I serve Piero,” she said softly, “and that’s the only thing that matters.”
She turned to leave, then looked at me.
“I love him,” she said softly, “but he only wants you. Believe me, if I could help you escape, I would. But he would kill me, and I’m sorry, but I have no wish to die over you.”
She looked at me one last time, then left the room, closing the door behind her.
I stared at the door for a moment, then went over and sat on the bed, burying my head in my hands.
“Peter,” I whispered, “please come for us.”
For the first time since I had left Peter’s side, I wondered if I would ever see him again and I realized. I had lost all hope.

Later a maid came in and told me that Piero said that if I didn’t allow her to help me dress, he would come in and help me.
Shuddering at the thought of him touching me in anyway, I allowed the maid to dress me in and do my hair.
Finally I was ready, and the maid quickly left the room. I stood there and stared at myself in the mirror, realizing that once again I was the sacrificial lamb.
The door opened and Piero came in, smiling at me.
“You look beautiful,” he said, then came over and put a pendant around my neck.
“And you’re mine,” he whispered in my ear, causing shivers of revulsion to go down my spine.
I tried to step away from him but he roughly grabbed my shoulders, turning me around to face him.
“I have dealt with your coldness long enough,” he snarled, “tonight after the party you will be fully mine. Willing or not, I will not be denied.”
He pulled me toward him and roughly kissed me as I fought him.
Finally he pushed me away from him and glared at me.
“Tonight,” he said, then grasped my arm, pulling me with him toward the door.
“You will act like you’re here willingly,” he said, “I will not be made a laughingstock.”
I stopped and looked at him.
“And what will you do if I don’t act like I want to be here?” I demanded, “what can you do to me?”
He looked at me.
“If you don’t cooperate,” he said, “it will be taken out on Hope.”
I gasped, “you wouldn’t dare hurt her, you need her alive.” I said, as I began to tremble in fear.
He smiled coldly at me.
“Alive yes,” he said, “but she doesn’t have to be whole.”
He grasped my arm and pulled me out of the room, and I realized that he could very easily hurt Hope if I didn’t do what he wanted.
“Now,” he said, as we walked down the hall toward the ballroom. “Smile and act like you’re having a good time.”
“You’re a bastard Piero,” I said and he smirked.
“Yes, I am,” he said, “but one who holds all the power.”
He leaned over, as if to kiss me.
“Remember,” he whispered, “smile, act like you’re having fun. The sake of your child rests on you.”
He straightened me up, and gently took my arm, leading me out into the ballroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story