Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Cheating Death

losing a brother

by Bloody-romance 0 reviews

When it came true, she lost someone close

Category: Beyblade - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Kai, Max, Tyson, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-01 - 877 words

0Unrated
Tears slipped down Jemma's face, as she realised she was still alive.
She was still holding her camera, and the attendent was waving his hand in front of the it. "Can't you read?" he asked. Jemma stared numbly at her surrondings.

"Sorry. Is it okay if I put it in my pocket?" Kai asked. The attendent nodded his head, and Kai took the silver camera out of Jemma's hand. Then Jemma snapped.

"Get me out of this!" she screamed, struggling against the harnesse. Faith and Tala turned round to look at their frightened english friend.

"Are you okay?" The attendent asked. Jemma struggled again.

"Get me out! Please, everyone has to get out!" she yelled again, fresh tears falling down her face. The attendent waved to someone, and the back harnesse flew up. No sooner had they gone up, then Jemma scrambled over Kai. Faith grabbed hold of her friend, before she could escape.

"Jem, what's wrong? Calm down." Faith urged. Jemma was freaking out.

"It's going to crash. The coaster is gonna crash and everyone will die." Jemma pushed past Faith. "Chester! Get off that thing! It's gonna crash!" she screamed.

"Is she okay?" Emily asked, climbing off the ride. Her best friend, Mariah quickly followed. Chester craned his neck round, then turned to the other attendent.

"Hey man, can you get this harnesse off me? I really need to see if my sister is okay." Chester pleaded. The manager walked out.

"What's going on?" he asked. Jemma turned to him, her eyes red and raw.

"You've gotta stop this ride! Everyone's gonna die! It's gonna crash!" she cried, as Faith pulled her into a hug. A big butch football player named Steve, climbed of the ride, followed by Ming-Ming, Kane, Salima and Hillary.

"She's only making it up to get attention." he hissed. Kai snarled and punched Steve in the face. Chester paniced slightly.

"Come on man, let me out!" he pleaded again, but the attendent was giving the all clear, as the 11 kids were taken outside. The ride started up. Jemma paniced again.

"Chester! No, Chester!" she screamed again.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now, what's your phone number. We'll call your parnets." The manager explained, dragging Jemma outside. Kai, Tala and Faith, weren't far behind.

"You don't get it. They're all gonna die!" Jemma hissed again. Suddenly the sound of screeching metal was heard. The coaster wheel flew passed the manager, landing in the ground. The group turned round to see the first part of the coaster, hit the ground.

"Oh my god." Faith whispered, a hand to her mouth.

"CHESTER!"

When the trio turned to look at Jemma, she was flat on the ground.

She was out like a light.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And Hiwatari high school is mourning the loss of the following students.
Chester Scott
Tyson Granger
Kenny Nikko
Max Tate and
Bryan Adrik."


Jemma opened her locker, pulling her books out. She could still hear the news report, coming from the staff room. Choking back a sob, Jemma grabbed her last book and slammed her locker shut.

Kai looked up, catching sight of Jemma inside the school building. He raced over to the door, just as Jemma saw him. She took off down the corridor.

"Jemma! Jem, wait up!" Kai yelled, opening the door and running after his friend. Jemma stopped.

"What Kai? Can't you see I'm in a rush." she replied bitterly. Kai came a halt, and looked Jemma over.

"Where are you going? We still have three lessons left, then we have the six weeks. Why don't you stay?" he asked. Kai knew that if anyone saw him, acting like that, his bad boy rap would be down the drain. Jemma sighed and lent against a random locker.

"I saw the whole thing. The roller coaster coming apart, all of us dying. Despite the fact I had the power to stop it, I couldn't save my brother. Now I feel this bitter guilt over it, like it's my fault." Jemma whispered, a hand on her chest. Kai shook his head, placing both hands on her shoulders.

"It's not your fault okay. It's the manager's fault, and the attendent's fault for not believing you. Look, this is gonna sound weird, but it's the only thing I have to offer." Kai muttered. Jemma urged him to continue.

"I believe you. I believe that some higher power, higher then Death, is letting us cheat him. You know, like skipping our turn. The wheels are in montion and you have the power to stop Death's game." he explained. Jemma laughed bitterly.

"That's bullshit Kai. You right, it does sound weird. Now if you don't mind, I'm going home." she shot back, pushing Kai away. The russian sighed and watched Jemma leave the building.

"Still upset?" Tala asked, joining his friend.

"You don't know the half of it." Kai grumbled, running a hand through his hair.

Faith shook her head. "That's not the Jemma I know. When her mother decided to be a crack head, and run off with her father's best friend, Jemma brushed it off. The same with Chester." she muttered. Kai turned round.

"Yeah, but now she's lost her brother. Give her time, she'll be fine." he replied, and walked back to his lesson with his friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story