Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Can You Keep A Secret?

I Suck At Guitar

by wheresyourheart 8 reviews

frank goes to gerard's house, and gerard has another song

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1065 words

1Insightful
The whole car ride to Gerard's house is awkard. Not just awkward, excrutiating. There's a strange tension that thickens the air in the vehicle, but why it's there, I have no clue. Possibly it's coming from me, because I'm not exactly Matt's biggest fan. And again, why? I'm not sure. There's just something about him.

Matt turns up the radio and Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself is playing. He imediately switches to a different station, where they're playing a song that's very farmiliar to me, nearing the end.

"Hey," Gerard turns in his seat, showing his smiling face, "Isn't this Pencey Prep?"

I nod modestly and Gerard turns to Matt, says, "This is Frank's old band."

In the rearveiw mirror I see his lip twitch. He listens for twenty seconds, and says, "Wow, you made it onto a college station." I couldn't help but note the hint of sarcasm in his voice. I don't bother acknowledging him.

"So after I drop you off, where do you want to go, Gee?" Matt asks.

"Actually," Gerard says, "We're going to my house. Just me and Frank, you know, working on some new material."

Matt looks a little annoyed, "Well, then shouldn't I be there? I am in the band afterall."

Gerard answers him quickly, "It's just vocals. It would be a lot easier without distractions."

Turning onto the road where Gerard resides, Matt sighs, and says, "Alright. Are we still on for tonight?"

"Tonight?" Gerard says, sounding confused.

"Um, yeah, tonight," Matt tells him, "Remember, we were going down to the bar?"

"Oh, yeah, that. Of course," Gerard says, he pauses, then asks me, "Why don't you come along, Frank?"

I look back and forth at Matt, who is staring straight ahead, driving, and at Gerard, who looks at me with a glint of hopefullness in his eye.

"Uh," I look out the window, then back at Gerard, and smile, "Why not?"

"So Matt, you'll pick us up at eight thirtyish?" Gerard asks, as we pull in front of his house.

Matt nods, and we get out. Before I get a chance to (relunctantly) wave goodbye, he's already driving away.

That's when Gerard snorts and says, "What a baby."


____________________________

We're sitting in Gerard's room when I ask, "That song you sang, go you have music to it?"

He shrugs, and says, "Well I suck at guitar..."

I roll my eyes and tell him, "You can't be that bad."

Giving me a look that says, You'd be surprised, he picks up a guitar. "Don't make fun of me," he says. I sit there next to him on his bed, waiting for him to start, but instead he says, "Some of us aren't naturally coordinated."

I nod, so he starts, using chords that come out sounding sloppy, but they go well with the song. Every so often he pauses to position his fingers on the fret board and continues.

I stop him as he starts the third verse. "Um, you know what... I can play guitar for you."

"Yeah, I suck," he says, laughing, and hands me the acoustic guitar.

"You're not that bad..." I say, attempting to be comforting, but he gives me a funny look so I say, "Yeah, you could use some work."

I position the guitar on my lap as Gerard says, "It's just the repetition of D, B minor, F sharp minor and A. Then when it gets to 'And the whole time while always giving', it's B minor, F sharp Minor, G minor, A. Then 'Up and down excalators' is back to the first chords."

"Okay," I say, then start strumming the opening chord in a more complex pattern then he'd used. Then he starts singing along.

We finish with an F sharp minor chord, smiling at eachother. someone starts clapping at the doorway and we both look, seeing that it's Mikey.

"Yay!" he says, like a little kid on Christmas. He runs in and jump on Gerard's bed, then sits in between us.

Gerard and I giggle at Mikey's behavior. "So how about we add a little bass?" he asks.

Looking at me, then back at his younger brother, Gerard says, "I think we'll leave it like this."

"Well then that other song. Let's work on that one," Mikey begs.

"You wrote another song?" I ask Gee.

He shrugs, then says, "Sort of, it's just like a verse," and I can tell that he doesn't really want to.

"I heard him singing a couple days ago. And he thinks I can't hear him from upstairs," Mikey says, poking Gerard's arm.

"Let's hear it," I say, "I'm sure it's amazing."

"I don't know..."

"C'mon," Mikey says.

Giving in, Gerard begins to hesitantly sing.

"The amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
and this vanity I'm breaking, lets me live my life like this
and well I find it hard to stay, with the words you say
Oh baby let me in
Oh baby let me in
Well I'll choose the life I've taken, never mind the friends I'm making
and the beauty that I'm faking lets me live my life like this
And well I find it hard to stay, with the words you say
Oh baby let me in
Oh baby let me in


"That's all I have," he tells us when he's finished.

"Why were you so afraid to sing it?" I asked. "You never seem to be before."

There's a honk outside, and with a glance at the bedside alarm clock, we see that it's eight twenty-three, and that Matt's already here to pick us up.

"Is that Matt?" Mikey asks us. I nod. "Gerard, I don't want you to drink," Mikey tells his brother.

"Relax Mikey," Gerard says, a hint of annoyance in his voice, and we make our way out of his room and to Matt's car.




_________________________________
Kind of another crap chapter, again just for the sake of updating. Everytime I sit down to write, someone calls, or my brother's bugging me, or my parents are being loud and obnoxious.
Haha, and about Billy Idol, my dad was like watching the music video, and was like "oh" then decided to add it in. He was telling me about how that was his first concert. haha.
So as always, REVEIW.
one more thing, this story has 1,143 veiws. I feel so accomplished. I'm such a loser XD
Sign up to rate and review this story