Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Seven Ways To Sunday

Chapter 51

by Carebear_Assassin 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-08-04 - Updated: 2008-08-04 - 1339 words

0Unrated
“Miss. Woods, we have some bad news.” It was one of the officers from the morning before. I had just finished getting dressed to leave. Pete was going to take me back to my place and this time they were all going to help me pack. We were still leaving as soon as possible.

“What is it?” Pete asked, I didn’t want to hear any bad news.

“Your father has a alibi for last night.” in the back of my mind I already knew what he was going to say, but I froze as the words left his mouth anyway. “Your mother says he was home all night with her.” then something worst happened.

“Nonnie!” I heard my mother calling me from hallway. Then she came bursting into the room. “Nonnie what happened are you okay,” she said throwing her arms around me. My whole body stiffened from the pain of the bruises. “What happened? Why didn’t you call me and your father when this happened?” I wanted to hug her back, I wanted her concern to be genuine, but I knew better this was a show she was putting on for the police. “Where is your sister? Was she hurt too?”

“Marcia’s fine and I didn’t want to bother you is all.” I answered pulling out of her embrace. The police stood nearby waiting to see what would happen.

“That’s it you are coming home with me,” she said taking my hand. All of a sudden all I could think about was all that had happened under the roof my childhood home. Pete must have seen the panic in my eyes cause he walked over and gently removed my hand from hers.

“Mrs. Woods, Non and I are moving in together so I’ll be happy to take care of her.” he moved so that his body was between me and my mother.

“That’s very nice of you, but my husband and I are perfectly capable of taking care of my daughter.”

“I’m sure you could, but you won’t Nonnie is coming with me.”

“Officers please get rid of this young man. So that I may talk with my daughter.” I grabbed Pete’s hand tightly. There was no way I was going anywhere with her.

“I’m sorry ma’am but your daughter is an adult, she can go with whom ever she pleases.” one of the cops said.

“I just want to talk to her alone for a moment, then if she doesn’t want to come with me she doesn’t have to.” I knew that no matter what she said I wasn’t going home with her. “Baby girl please just…talk to me.”

I should have known better, but she has always been able to get me to do what she wanted me to. She never laid an hand on me though. When she called me baby girl it reminded me of before all the beatings and the few years in my life that were innocent. I watched as they all left my room. As the door closed behind them she grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me so that we were face to face.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? You’re always trying to ruin my life, every since the day I found out I was pregnant with you. Do you know how hard it was to get him to agree to marry me when I was already pregnant?” I clinched my eyes closed against her harsh words. “Now you have to come home and make this right.” I shook my head no. “You don‘t have a choice. Think about what he‘s going to do to me when I go back home without you,” I hadn’t thought about that.

“He wouldn’t ever hurt you,” I said.

“He’s just showing you how much he loves you. It’s just…he has a different way of showing it.” I tried to think of something to say, but nothing came. “You have to come home,” she grabbed my hand and started to pull me out of the door. I followed her out into the hall and almost instantly Pete took my other hand and pulled me into his arms. I felt safe instantly.

“You ready to go babe?” I wrapped my arms around him and clung to him. “I’m ready come on.” he said. He was back to referring to me as himself. He started walking away.

“Nonnie, don’t turn your back on your family.”

“The only family you have is Marcia,” Pete whispered.

“He took you in as if you were his own.” My feet stopped and Pete stopped too. “He didn’t have to help me raise you, you’re lucky that he fed and clothed you since you were born. You have been nothing but a burden to him”

“He‘s just going to hurt you again if you go with her,” Pete said to me. “Come on, Marcia and Gerard are waiting for us outside.” Pete whispered in my ear. He started walking pulling me away with him. So Marcia was right. He’s not my father.

I didn’t cry, I didn’t freak out. I just followed Pete up to his suite at the hotel. Marcia, Gerard, and Pete had decided that it would be too traumatic for me to see my old room after what had happened. I wasn’t sure if they were right or not but I was just happy to lie down in Pete’s bed. I was surrounded by his scent. I let it wash over me.

“So what now?” I don’t know why I asked. I mean I knew the plan was to take me with him to LA, but so many things had happened in such a short time my head was spinning.

“I think you should…”

“If you say sleep I think it’s a bad idea,” I said interrupting him.

“You look exhausted, from today.” He was right I was tired, but it was cause I was emotionally drained. I had just woken up about two hours ago then my mother showed up and things started happening so fast.

“I can’t go to sleep,” I said. “When I close my eyes I see him on top of me. The only reason I was able to sleep last night was cause of the meds.” He looked apologetically at me. Then climbed into the bed next to me pulling me closer to him at the same time.

“He can’t hurt me anymore.” I smiled.

“Do you know how weird that is?” I asked. He smiled.

“Yes, but it gets the point across. I was serious about taking your life.” He brushed my hair behind my ear. “You deserve better than me,” he said out of nowhere. “But I don’t think if I leave you to find it, you’ll allow yourself the time to.” I closed my eyes. He was right, if he weren’t here watching my every move I’d be at Bert’s in no time. No one, not even Gerard would be able to stop me.

“Pete I’m all used up, I don’t know why you want me. I’m not really worth all the effort you’re putting into me. I’m telling you I’m just going to screw this up, like I do everything. I… I think…you should leave me here. I mean I’ve already started to suck the life out of you…”

“I don’t think that’s for you to think. I think that’s my decision.” He said covering my mouth with his hand. “Your life is mine, to do what I see fit right?” I looked away from him. “Right?” I nodded.

“But…” I tried to speak with his hand over my mouth.

“Just try to sleep okay.” I nodded and closed my eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story