Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Cheating Death

Funeral

by Bloody-romance 0 reviews

Just a little too late

Category: Beyblade - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Kai - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-02 - 842 words

0Unrated
The drink began to melt.

Water sweeped out the bottom of the paper cup, and spread out across the table. Mariah and Emily were already in the tanning booths, and didn't notice.

The water spread further, dripping over the side. It dripped on the heater for the booths. On the front was a clear sign that stated:

Warning:
The temperature of this heater
should not be over 250!


As water leaked into the heater, the numbers which read 180, slowly started to rise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jemma yanked the door open, and slammed to a stop infront of Mac. Kai was next, followed by Tala and Faith. "Did Emily and Mariah come in here?" Faith asked. Mac nodded.

"Just went in to that room. Why?" he asked, pointing to a brown door.

"Shit, we're too late!" Tala cursed, but Jemma was already running to the doors. She stopped, when a strong wind blew through the shop.

"Jemma?" Kai asked, as she began to shiver.

"You asshole." she hissed lowly, to someone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The strong breeze blew into the room, knocking over the coat stand. It rocked slightly, before toppling over.

"Is it me, or is it getting hot in here?" Emily questioned. Mariah nodded her head.

"Yeah, more so then usual." she muttered.

The coat stand smacked into a book shelf, which fell. It hit the top of Emily's booth, before the other end fell and smacked onto Marah's. Sparks began to fly out of the heater, as the counter began going crazy. Emily tried to open her booth.

"Hey! What gives!" she yelled. she began to panic, which made Mariah panic aswell.

The lights stared to bright, and both girls skin began to turned red. They pounded on the top of the booth, Mariah burnt her hands on the lights. Their skin began to burn and blistered. The blisters burst and blood ozzed out.

Both girls screamed in pain.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tala and Kai bashed against the wood door. Jemma turned to Mac who was freaking out.

"Did you lock the door?" she asked. Tala and Kai gave up and lent against the wall for a rest. Mac shook his head.

"No, I never lock the door." he squeaked. Faith had an idea. She turned to her boyfriend.

"Credit card." she demanded, one hand held out. Tala stared at her, but handed over one of his plastic cards.

"Not the time for shopping you know." Pointed out a breathless Kai. Faith stuck up her middle finger, and jammed the card between the door and frame Jiggling it about a bit, Faith managed to unlock the door.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are gathered here today to say farewell to Emily Stuart and Mariah Chang, and to commit them to the hands of god." The priest paused.

Lee Chang supported his mother, who hadn't stopped crying. Ray Kon sat next to Lee, sniffing and holding back his tears. The service was outside. Everyone, from the family, to the entire school was at the girl's funeral. Kai, Faith and Tala stood with the school.

"In the name of the Father, the son, and the holy spirit. Our Father in heaven, we thank you that, through Jesus Christ, you have given us the gift of eternal life. Keep us firm in the faith, that nothing can separate us from your love. When we loose someone who is dear to us, help us receive your comfort and to share it with one another. We thank you for what you have given us through both Emily and Mariah. We now entrust ourselves to you, just as we are, with our sense of loss and of guilt. When the time has come, let us depart in peace, and see you face to face, for you are the god of our salvation. Amen!" The priest finished.

People began to move to pay their last respects to the two cheerleaders. Kai looked around the churchyard, to see Jemma sitting by a grave.

"Guys, I'll be back in a minute." he muttered. Tala and Faith nodded their heads, and walked away from the funeral.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thought you would be paying your last respects."

Jemma glanced at Kai, a small smile on her face. She turned back to a grave. "I thought I'd say hello to Chester." she muttered. The russian kneeled down next to her.

"You know they were going to die, didn't you? Just like on the roller coast." Kai whispered. Jemma nodded her head.

"I could hear them screaming. I could smell them burning. It's still with me now." she replied, staring at Chester's grave. Kai rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't totally understand it, but I believe you Jemma. I know you're not making this up." he reasured. Jemma looked at him, her eyes shining from tears.

"It's a presence that's always with me. It's a strong wind, and I know that he's there." she explained. Kai got confused.

"Who? Who are you talking about?" he questioned. The wind picked up, tossing leaves about. As Kai glanced around, Jemma remained transfixed on Kai.

"The Grim Reaper. Death himself."
Sign up to rate and review this story