Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The girl all the bad guys want

A Wake Up Call

by alice93 4 reviews

Heidi gives Crystal a wake-up call.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 1244 words - Complete

0Unrated
A shrill, high-pitched scream filled my ears as I became conscious. I sat up and groaned, rubbing all the shit out of the corners of my eyes. I hit my alarm clock snooze button as I hard as I possibly could and swore to myself when I heard the plastic cracking.
I spun my bare legs round and placed them on the cold floor. Maybe I should’ve gone to school? I was completely screwing up my academia as I constantly worried about life with my boyfriend. It’s not that I didn’t love the Way brothers-they were just way too much for one girl to handle.
I stepped out of my room and went downstairs to fix myself some breakfast. When I say breakfast I meant a glass of OJ or maybe a mug of coffee-I wasn’t really into eating these days and my figure was starting to show it.
I dug around blindly in the fridge for awhile and pulled out a carton of orange. Pulling down a glass from one of the high cupboards I poured the viscous orange liquid into the glass and took a sip, sighing as the acidic flavour hit the roof of my mouth and covered up the bad taste of stale spit that one got when the woke up.
This-this has become my regular morning routine for the last three days. Doing exactly the same things each day-wearing exactly the same clothes; namely my black and white Dalmatians nighty and watching exactly the same shit on the television. I had no idea what was flashing before my eyes but it looked like a cheap rip off of Jerry Springer.
I heaved another sigh and took a sip from the tall glass. Yep, today was going to be exactly the same as every other fucking day.

The sound of the front door-bell ringing awoke me from my train of though. I argued with myself internally about going to answer. It would probably be some dick with something to sell-or it could be something important like a man in a white suit coming to take me away.
Either way-I just didn’t care anymore so I got up, just as it rang again and shuffled in my fluffy slippers down the hallway and up to the door.
Normally I would be self-conscious about some stranger seeing me in my nighty but not now-like I said, I was past the stage of giving a damn.
So I pulled the latch down and twisted the door handle-really wishing I hadn’t worn such revealing night cloths.

“Heidi?” I proclaimed, putting a question mark at the end as I wasn’t sure what the hell she was doing here.
Yep-there she was, the blonde bombshell herself standing on my door step wearing a powder blue puff coat and the cutest little bobble hat I’d ever seen in my life, not to mention the thick white tights and the snow boots. Basically, she was standing there in an outfit only she, or any other super-model could get away with.

“Can I come in?” She asked in that oh-so thick Swiss accent that I’d gotten used to recently.

“Um… sure.” I stuttered, standing aside.

“Nice pyjamas.” She smiled at me with that cute, irresistible smile. I’m sure she meant it as a complement but actually, she just made me feel stupid.

“What do you want Heidi?” I asked, not trying to hide the bored tone of my voice.

“I came round to see if you were okay.” She smiled, making herself comfortable on one of the love-seats.

“Did Mikey send you?” I asked hopefully.

“No.” She laughed. “But he does miss you.”

“Really did he say that?”

“Well no. Not in so many words.” She looked down at her feet. “But I can just tell he misses you. He really needs you right now.”

“How do you know that if he hasn’t spoken to you about me?” I snapped, taking a seat on the arm chair and switching the black box off.

“Have you checked your cell-phone?”

“No.”

“Well I think you should.” She bit her lip cutely.

I got up and went all the way over to the other side of the room. I pressed the button and watched as the familiar green light shone. After it had warmed for awhile, it vibrated and a message on the screen read 62 missed calls.

“All from Mikey?” I asked, half hopeful, half sorrowful.

“Uh-huh.” She got up. “Why don’t you check your voicemail?”

This time it was me who bit my lip as I listened to the familiar ring ring sound. After awhile a lady’s voice came on saying.

‘You have 43 new messaged. First message.’

Her voice was then replaced by Mikeys.

“Hey Crys. Where are you? I need your help.”

Then another message.

“Crys. Pick up your phone! I need to talk to you.”

Message number three.

“Crystal where the hell are you?! I’m sorry babes. Just call me and let me know your okay.”

And the next one.

“Crystal. I really need your help. Gee’s in a state and he’s asking for you. Call me back.”

I pressed the red button. I couldn’t bare to listen to anymore. I looked down at my feet as I realised how selfish I’d been.
Gerard had just lost his child and his little brother was left to pick up all the broken pieces of him and all I could do was think of myself, of how this affected me.

“Why don’t you come home with me?” Heidi put her hand on my arm. “Then you can talk to Mikey and Gerard. They are in a real…how do you say… state? Anyway, they really need your help. They love you.”

I smiled at Heidi and pulled her in for a big hug.

“Thank you.” I smiled, kissing her on the cheek.

She looked surprised. “I thought you didn’t like me.”

“Hm-your okay I guess.” I smiled.

She smiled back. “Well go get changed and meet me back down here.”

“Oh and Crystal!” She stopped me as I was going upstairs.

“What?”

“Have a wash. You stink.” She wrinkled up her nose.

I smiled and ran upstairs to make myself look nice.


The walk home was completely silent. Even more so as we were walking home in the middle of the day and most civilised people were at work or school.
We approached the Way’s house and I started to get sweaty with anxiousness. Heidi smiled at me, reassuring me.

“Thanks Heid.” I thanked her again. Maybe she wasn’t as bad as I thought she was.

“It’s okay. Now go get ‘em.” She patted me on the back and pushed me inside.

“Mikey?! Gerard?! Anyone?!” I called out as I found the kitchen empty.

“Crystal!” Mikey ran into the room, practically running into my arms. “Crystal! I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too Mikey. I’m sorry. I’m here now. I’ll take care of you.”

I looked over his shoulder at Heidi who winked at me. I gave her the most thankful smile I could muster.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Meh, I just had to update! I had all these things buzzing around in my head.
Anyway, thank you for reading? Reviews.
P.S. Thank you to everyone who reviewed last chapter-you really are what keeps me going.
Sign up to rate and review this story