Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Chapter 12

by xXBrokenxRosesXx

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2008-08-07 - Updated: 2008-08-07 - 986 words - Complete

?Blocked
Finally the tears I’d barely let out began to fall as my fingers ran through Mikey’s baby fine hair. Where the fuck did it go from here? Gerard was barely consolable yet he managed to assured me that he was holding up. Now I sat - Gerard asleep on the sofa - in Gerard’s room on an old wooden chair next to his bed. I let my hand fall from Mikey’s hair to his hand and held it gently as I let his light breathes lull me to sleep.

~~~~*~
I woke up a few times that night as Mikey tossed and turned in a fitful sleep. The phone ringing woke me up from my doze and I looked over to Mikey, seeing he was still fast asleep. I gently pried his hand away from my own and quickly ran upstairs to the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello there Frank, where abouts are my boys?”

“Oh erm, Mikey’s still asleep and Gerard’s upstairs taking a shower, can I tell them anything?”

“Yes sweetie that would be so helpful, just tell them that we’re staying at Gran’s for a bit longer, she’s tripped and fallen and broken her collarbone so we’re going to help around here for a while.”

“Ok, I’ll be sure to tell them,” I said, nodding my head towards Gerard who was now standing at the bottom of the stairs. I motioned for him to be quiet.

“Ok thanks sweetie, I’ll be back in touch with them some time soon, bye."

“Bye Mrs Way.”

I hung up the phone and sighed, rubbing a calloused hand across my weary face.
“Your Mom and Dad aren’t coming back yet; your Gran’s fallen and broken her collar bone, their staying to help her out.”

Gerard nodded, sinking down to the floor, back against the wall and arms curled around his knees. “What do I do from here?”

“I have no idea.” I sighed. “I don’t know what to do to help you, what to do to help Mikey. I’m so confused.”

Tears once again began to fall and I hurriedly wiped them away, I needed to be strong.

“How are you feeling?” I asked stupidly.

“Been better,” Gerard replied, his mouth twitching in a wry grin.

“Fancy a beer?” I asked.

“Anything stronger?”

“…rum?”

~~~~~~~
I felt like a fucking extra from Pirates of the Caribbean with the bottle of rum clutched within my fingers yet I had a feeling that even that would’ve been less ridiculous than the situation we were in now.

When I eventually decided we’d had enough I sat Gerard on the couch, leaving him to sleep and poured the remainder of the rum down the sink. I climbed down the stairs and down to where Mikey was lying in bed. His eyes were open yet he was unmoving, showing no sign that he’d registered me walking into the room.

“Mikey?”

At first there was no reaction but slowly Mikey’s head turned so his glazed eyes were fixed with mine. I managed a small smile, feeling extremely cautious of what could potentially go down. I saw Mikey’s mouth twitch, as if a smile was playing there, desperate to break the surface yet unable to.

“I think...I think we should clean you up Mikey...is that ok?” I asked softly, hesitantly. I wanted to smack myself in the head, of course it wasn’t going to be ok; he’d just been raped by his brother through the command of his previous raper. It couldn’t get that much worse for him; I had to dispel the awkward silence though, worried that by not speaking to him about anything at all and he would crawl inside himself, never to resurface and become mute. That couldn’t happen, not now, not with their parents unknowing of the trauma I could only imagine him going through.

I walked over to the bed slowly and held out my hand, allowing Mikey to grasp it in his own time before helping him stand off the bed. He winced in pain and I quickly went to support him as together we went upstairs. Just as we were walking along the hallway, Gerard appeared at the top of the steps. Mikey immediately whimpered and curled into my side, his rough nails clawing into my skin. Gerard took the hint and remained at the top of the stairs as I focused on getting Mikey into the bathroom as quickly as possible.

Mikey seemed to relax as soon as we were inside the bathroom with the door locked and Gerard no where in sight. I sat Mikey on the toilet seat as I turned around and turned the nozzle on the shower, setting it so it wasn’t too harsh or too hot. Turning round I helped Mikey stand up.

“Ok Mikey I’m going to turn around and let you get undressed and in the shower ok. Just pull the curtain around and I won’t come in. I won’t look and I’ll keep away. Is that alright?”
Mikey nodded, looking slightly paler than he did earlier. I didn’t think anything of it, the thought of seeing the extent of the damage Adriann and Gerard (albeit accidental) caused him must of nauseated him no end.
I could only try and put myself into his position.




~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok so chapter 12, hopeyour noticing updates are coming quicker, remember to rate and reveiw, it makes me feel loved and if you give me con-crit I'm able to improve the story. I wasn't pleased with these last 2 chapters but I can promise that it's improving and the end is in sight! There will be 16 chapters to this (:
So yeah let me know what you think and thankyou for reading.
Love to all
Sarah (aka xXBrokenxRosesXx)
Sign up to rate and review this story