Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Chapter 13

by xXBrokenxRosesXx 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Erotica - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2008-08-14 - Updated: 2008-08-14 - 978 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The following few days seem to go quickly. We spoke nothing of what had happened and instead I focused on keeping Mikey’s mind busy, watching cheery films, playing on the Playstation with him yet he was still a mere shadow of his former self. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t expecting him to suddenly wake up one day and be all “Hey guys I’m great! Fancy going out to a gay bar and getting wasted?” Realistically I knew that, that would never happen but still all I hoped for was some kind of sign to show me that I wasn’t just dealing with a dead weight, a dead mind. He did nothing of the sort.

I was still acting as a sort of middle man for the siblings. Mikey seemed almost racked by fear anytime that Gerard was within any immediate radius of him. I could see it killing Gerard, the shine that was once in his eyes had depleted to a dull glaze. For the majority he stayed in his room and I would go up on occasion and keep him company. Try and divide my time between the two f them. And as selfish as that sounds it was extremely hard for me to cope with. I had never been in such a situation yet I was landed here with it and I was still completely clueless as to the best way to handle such a thing.

The Way’s parents regularly got in touch with us, bringing us up to date with news about their grand mother. It would take me miles of persuasion to get Mikey up on the phone to talk and to be honest I have no idea how they didn’t pick up on how screwed up their son seemed to be.

Pretty soon I noticed that Mikey was becoming more withdrawn, even from me. Whilst before he had maintained some form of communication and would humour me by playing Play Station to show he wasn’t completely away from it all, he was slowly becoming more and more of a recluse. I had taken to sleeping on the spare guest bed whilst Gerard slept in Mikey’s room which I had cleaned up and Mikey slept in Gerard’s room. The only one with a lock. And he kept it locked the majority of the time.

I was worried for him. I would wake up in the morning unsure as to what I would find in his room; unsure as to whether one day I’d wake up and be too late to save him.

School had finished for now and Gerard got a job working in a local café. Determined to what had happened behind him and to earn the money that we were beginning to need now that Mr and Mrs Way had taken up semi-permanent residence near their Grandmother. From what I gathered from Gerard they now owned a small bungalow next to their Grandmother and had installed all kind of wonderful inventions to alert them to the wellbeing of their next door neighbour. Funny how they could become so engrossed in making sure one relative was alright that they barely noticed that their only two sons were going through some form of communicational and mental breakdown almost completely on their own. Some kind of family they were.

My concern over Mikey’s well-being however soon took a more serious turn.
It began on a Wednesday lunch time. Gerard had taken on an extra shift at the Café leaving me at home to watch Mikey and clear up the house – my own mother didn’t mind the absence saying as long as I kept my keep then it would give me an insight as to what it was like sharing a house with someone who wouldn’t tidy around after you and I suppose I was almost grateful for her lack of involvement – so I was down in the kitchen whilst Mikey was...elsewhere in the house. I safely presumed in Gerard’s bedroom which he had somewhat claimed as his own however it seems as though I was desperately wrong. As I made the pasta sauce for tonight’s tea (see what a housewife I had become) I heard a loud anguished cry. At first I shook my head, cursing myself for imagining things; Mikey hadn’t had a breakdown like that in ages but then I heard it again. Louder... subsequently followed by large crashes from upstairs. And so there went the theory of Mikey being downstairs in his room.

I quickly ran up the stairs after throwing the wooden spoon down onto the counter. Screeching to a halt in Mikey’s old room I saw what I thought I’d never see. Mikey having a true mental breakdown.

There was now a hole in his TV screen, spreading glass over his carpet. The wooden chair in his room was torn apart ad lying on the floor, a small round hole in the wall where a leg had obviously cut through the plaster. CDs littered the floor and books pages of some of his favourite fantasy novels were strewn around.

In a few strides I was standing behind him, my arms around him and pinning his own to his sides. He started screaming louder, wriggling and trying to get out of my arms. Tears of my own began to fall and I tried desperately to get him to listen to me.

“Please Mikey,” I begged. “It’s me, it’s Frank. Please. It’s ok, calm down.”

Eventually he listened to me and I sighed in relief when I felt his body lag and gently I lowered him to the floor.

“’m so sorry Frankie,” he cried. “Please I’m sorry. Make this go away.” He begged. “Make this stop.”
Sign up to rate and review this story