Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

Okay, Concentrate

by wheresyourheart 0 reviews

but there were only two

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [Y] - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-09 - 993 words

0Unrated
Mikey and I sat on my bed, facing eachother, touching palms. This was how phsycic people connected in the movies, right? Maybe there was some truth to it, maybe it would work...

"Concentrate better. Empty your mind," Mikey whispered.

"If I empty my mind anymore I won't have a brain, Mikey," I whispered back, irritated, and opened my eyes to look at him.

"Well, fine, I guess you don't want it to work," he said, pulling his hands away from mine and opening his eyes.

"It wasn't going to work anyway," I told him, as he sat there with a determined look on his face.

"There has to be a way..." he muttered. I watched him as he closed his eyes. He started breathing shallow and his face grew red, as the room warmed up. All of a sudden I was sweating a lot, so I took off my hoodie and threw it onto a nearby chair.

"...Um, I listened to a lot of Iron Maiden when I was a kid and then, that was before I knew about punk rock," said the older version of me.

"Yeah," I women's voice said.

"And, but, like, deffinetly the first, like, major insperation with whatever I do is Iron Maiden."

Mikey's eyes shot open, and I knew that he'd seen what I had heard.

"Did you hear that?" he asked.

I nodded. "Did you see that?"

He nodded, too.

"...But how can we put them together?" I said, mostly to myself, as I started to grow frusterated. Then something possessed me to say, "Mikey, give my your glasses."

He gave me a funny look, but said, "Okay," and thended them to me. I put them on even though my head was a little to big.

"Now try and see it again," I told him.

He shook his head, "This won't work, I don't see through my glasses."

I sighed, "Who cares? It's worth the try."

"Fine," he said, then closed his eyes and he got the same look on his face as before, his breathing changed, and I closed my eyes, too.

I could hear myself again, "And then I heard the Misfits, and that was really big for me."

But still no visual.

"Didn't work," I told him.

We looked at eachother. Mikey said, "No duh," then laughed at how stupid I looked in his glasses, so I gave them back.

"Well, I'm stumped," I told him.

"Put your hand to my head," Mikey said, randomly.

I did as he said, and he put his hands to my ears.

"Okay, concentrate," he whispered, once again closing his eyes. Again, I did as he said.

"This being your first CD that you put out, your full length, how was the record, the making, the process, like? Was it like hard, was it a struggle? Was it..." The same women said. Her voice annoyed me, but I didn't care because it worked. I was seeing what Mikey saw, and I hoped he could hear so he wouldn't move away.

"...Yeah, yeah," she said, as if answering someone, but no one was speaking.

Someone, a guy, who was sitting in the front seat (I couldn't tell who he was, because he was turned away from the camera), pointed at me and said, "I'd say that it was magical."

An older, skinnier version of me with long hair sat next to an older version of Mikey, and someone was behind us in the backseat. We were all in a van, being interveiwed. I laughed and repeated, "Magical," then said, "It was, we didn't, huh? Yeah." Everyone was speaking at once, so I couldn't understand until I said, "It took us twelve days, or something like that, nine or twelve, and well, you know, that's it. We just did it, in the end, a week later, it was mixed a week later. A month later from that we had the CD in our hands. It was really exciting, you know, it just came together really fast."

"That's good, that's good," said the woman, and Mikey pulled away, looking excited.

"Mikey!" I said angrily.

"Sorry, sorry, but did you see me! Did you see you!" he was practically shouting.

"Yeah, I saw it," I said, smiling. I was pretty attractive in the future.

"I think we're in a band in the future," Mikey whispered, since it was around ten at night and our parents were probably sleeping.

"Yeah, I know."

"I wonder who those other three guys were?"

My eyebrows came together as I said, "Three? There were two."

Mikey shook his head, "No, no. There was the guy in the front seat. And the guy next to you, and the guy in the back with that, like, afro thing."

"The guy next to me was you," I pointed out.

"No, the guy on the right. He wasn't me, he had shorter hair and no glasses."

Shaking my head, I told him, "I don't know what you're talking about. There wasn't a guy."

"Hm," Mikey itched his arm, "That's weird."

There were footsteps on the stairs and mom appeard in my doorway, "You guys alright?" she asked.

"Um, yeah, why?" I answered.

"Power's out on the whole street," she informed us. I glanced at the clock, which was blank.

Mikey and I exchanged glances, saying, "Weird" with our look, as mom was saying, "Just seeing if you guys were still awake. What were you, sitting here in the dark? Well, let me get you kids a candle."

"We're fine," Mikey told her.

"Yeah," I said, "We're going to bed anyway."

"Alright," Mom said, "Goodnight."

As she walked back up the stairs, I heard her say to herself, "I wonder what happened?"

Yeah. I wonder. It was probably just a strange coincidence.









________________________
REVEIW REVEIW REVEIW!
I actually lost the prewritten chapter that I had, which is why it took me so long (I was mad), so this is a rewritten one.
Sign up to rate and review this story