Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

I Just... Can't Believe I'm So Old!

by wheresyourheart 3 reviews

Six years later...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2008-08-21 - Updated: 2008-08-21 - 668 words

0Unrated

"Mikey!" I cried, jumping into the front door, holding his birthday card in my hand.

My younger brother jumped off the couch and embraced me in a hug, then pulled away to ask, "So what did you get me?"

I took off my jean jacket and tossed in onto the couch, while saying, "Well, where's the cake?"

Before I even knew what he was doing, he grabbed the card out of my hand. He gave me a funny look, but proceeded to open it. His eyes brightened when he saw the giftcard to Midtown Music, worth $200.

"To go toward you're new bass guitar," I told him.

Giving me another hug, he said, "Thanks, man."

Our mother came walking into the room with a bottle of opened beer in her hand and passed it to Mikey. "So how does it feel to be able to drink legally?" She asked him.

Mikey took a sip and answered, "Pretty damn good!" he smiled.

Mom gave him an adoring motherly look. "My little Mikey, 21 and all grown up."

"Mom..." Mikey said. I couldn't help but smile.

"Seems like just yesterday you came to me all freaked out because Gerard made you believe you were phsycic," she said, giggling slightly. Mikey gave me a look of unease, and I tried to look as emotionless as possible.

Switching her attention from Mikey to me, mom asked, "So how's work going?"

"Oh, it's good," I told her, avoiding what I knew would be the next question.

"So how'd the pitch for the cartoon go?" she asked. I was right on the ball. Even though I had already knew what I would say, it didn't make it any easier.

"Um, they didn't take it. My show," I said.

Shaking her head, mom said, "What? Why?"

"They said it was too much like this other show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force," I said.

"What the fuck?" Mikey said, anger rising in his voice.

"Exactly," was all I could say.

There was a lull in the conversation, which mom ended by saying, "So who wants some cake?" We followed her into the kitchen, where a bunch of Mikey's friends were hanging out.

"I didn't know you guys were coming!" Mikey practically shouted, surprised (but not really). Since being able to see everything that was going to happen, Mikey became a much better actor. He had come a long way since he was twelve, telling mom about our "gift".

"Yeah dude," a tall guy named Jack, who was the guitarist in our old band Ray Gun Jones, said. "I wouldn't miss this."

Then Mikey got a strange look on his face, and Jack asked, "What's wrong?"

Realizing that he'd spaced out, Mikey said, "I just... can't believe I'm so old!"

But I knew better. That's why later, when Mikey was sitting alone at the kitchen table, I asked, "You saw something, didn't you?"

Nodding, he said, "Yeah, I saw something... but it can't be true. Nothing..." his voice drifted off.

"What?" I asked.

"I probably just saw a movie or something, you know?"

"I guess," I said, then went downstairs to my room in the basement. I had to get to sleep, seeing as I had work the next day, but just couldn't get myself to drift off. What could possibly be so bad that Mikey couldn't even tell me? He was shocked. Maybe someone we knew was going to die. Maybe our house will burn down, or...

Finally I reached into my drawer and pulled out a bottle of pills. My sleeping pills, which I should've taken long before. I dry swallowed it, not caring about the weird feeling in my throat. All I wanted to do was try and figure out what was possibly going to happen, but before I could brainstorm any longer, I fell fast asleep.










__________________________
Sorry it'd pretty short... but I think it's all that's needed to introduce to the future.
See if you can figure out what tomorrow is based on the birthday/age...
Sign up to rate and review this story