Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

You Don't Always Get What You Want

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Everything comes to a head.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-08-11 - 3606 words - Complete

1Exciting
Madison hung up with Bob and thought about what she should do and finally came up with something, have her father fire him.

She quickly called her father and but he was on his way to a business meeting. She promised to give him the message as soon as he checked in. She tried his cell but there was no answer.

Mark called the office because William asked him to check on the messages. He wasn’t really surprised when Madison called. He would have to send her a warning.


A few days later on the campus of Phillips Academy Natasha and Elisabeth were walking across campus from the library to the dorms. It was really late but they both had tests they had to study for. Since coming back Elisabeth has become a social outcast for dating Derek and hanging out with Natasha and Richard, but she didn’t care. For the first time in her life she had friends who really cared about her. She could not say enough about Derek, she loved him with all her heart. Elisabeth was getting worried about Madison though, she talked to her earlier in the day and she went on about being careful that Mark might try to hurt her. I her opinion Mark was a boob.

“So has Richard asked you out yet?” asked Elisabeth as the girls walked on the darkened path.

“No are you sure he likes me, I heard of being shy but come on,” scowled Natasha.

“I need to give that boy a good slap…” Elisabeth never finished the sentence they were attacked from behind, Elisabeth fought punching her assailant and finally flipped him over so he was laying on his back she was about to call campus police when her world went dark.

Elisabeth called Derek when they left the library unlike Elisabeth he took Madison’s warning very seriously and was going to meet them to walk them back to the dorms. When he finally found them he was shocked to find that they were both unconscious with no one around. He called security who arrived shortly after and they called two ambulances. Natasha woke just as the paramedics came, but Elisabeth was still unconscious when they took her by ambulance. The school called the parents, William in turn called Madison, who called Mark.

“How could you, you bastard. My sister is lying in an emergency room unconscious.”

“I didn’t do a thing Madison, you did. I warned you not to mess with me that your sister’s and Bob’s fates were in your hands. Funny if it weren’t for Bob we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Before him you couldn’t even stand her.”

“I’ve always loved my sister. I just didn’t want or know how to show it.”

“Considered yourself warned Madison, next time the outcome won’t be as neat. Besides didn’t you always want to be an only child?”

Madison packed some things and started to make the long drive up to Boston where her sister was medflighted from the local hospital. When Madison finally got there her father, Derek, Natasha and Richard were all outside her private room. Derek was the first to greet her while she just held the boy he just sobbed in her arms. She heard Derek saying he loved her sister a thousand times but now she knows just how much. After getting quick hugs from Natasha and Richard, Madison broke down in her father’s arm. She wanted to tell him everything and was about to when they heard footsteps approaching, it was Mark.

“I’m truly sorry Bill. I wonder how anyone could allow this to happen.”

Madison shot him an evil look she knew it was a warning. Then another thought occurred to her if he could do this to this to Elisabeth who he merely disliked, what would he do to Bob who he despised. It was at that moment she knew what she had to do. No matter how much she hated the thought. After the show in Mexico City she would tell Bob it was over. She had no choice but to say yes to Mark. The first thing she would do is take him off the invite list there was no reason for Bob to witness her acceptance it would destroy him.

The hours passed and doctors were in and out of her room and so was she still unconscious. Finally ad doctor stopped where they were waiting.

“We’re sorry for making you wait so long before seeing her, but some of the tests we were running took a long time but I have good news, she’s awake and all our tests came out negative. She has a serious concussion and she needed stitches and she’ll have some scarring.
“Are there any on her face?”

“No. As a matter of fact one of my students is smitten with her, even named her sleeping beauty. The immediate family may see her.”

“Derek is here is my daughter’s boyfriend,” said William.

“Lucky man.”

Derek put down his head “Yes I am.”

“You may see her for ten minutes.”

Outside in the waiting area, Natasha glared at Mark. She knew about Madison’s warnings to Elisabeth.

‘”What’s your problem little girl,” Mark barked at her.

“I know you had something to do with what happened to Lizzie,” said Natasha coldly.

“Prove it.”

“Don’t worry I will.”

When the three came back out William turned to Madison and gave her a hug.

“Your sister’s going to be fine you need to go back to school you have classes in the morning. So do you three. I’ll have the driver take you there.”

“When is Bob coming back from Mexico?”

“They’re leaving in the morning.”

“You should have him fly straight to Connecticut I’ll send a private jet.”

“Dad don’t. I’m breaking up with Bob.”

“What you two were so happy and in love what happened?”

“Real life, we just don’t share the same interests at least he’s not willing to share mine. I know it sounds petty but with the Opera, Ballet and the Symphony all starting soon, I need someone who cares about these things as much as I do.”

He kissed the side of his daughter’s head, “I support you no matter what your decision is.”

“She went in to her sister’s room and gave her a kiss and told her to take care.”

When she left William pulled Mark aside, “While you’re in Connecticut do me a favor and check in on her. She’s breaking up with Bob.”

“Really? I always thought those two could make it through anything. That’s too bad.”

“Make sure she’s okay.”

When Madison got home she got a box and started packing his things, which really wasn’t much. She went room by room ending in the master bathroom she gathered his things until there was one thing left, his toothbrush. She just couldn’t pack it. It was her beacon of hope having it here meant maybe someday he’ll be back.

When Mark got home he got the mail and saw a letter from Chicago. He tore it open and smiled this was exactly what he needed, a good bye not explaining everything, perfectly forged using some drafts of term papers she had written out. He was going to check on Madison then mail it back to Chicago using a mailbox near her.

When he got to her place he saw a box near the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to make sure you were okay.”

“You mean you came to check on your investment,” said Madison seething.

“Sure if that’s how you want to put it.”

“What would happen if I killed myself before I said yes?”

“Bob would go to jail and you’d never see the rest of your family again.”

“I know because I would be dead.”

“Oh no, people who commit suicide go to hell, I imagine there might be some place in heaven for your father and the brat. You’d be separated for eternity.”

“You have it all figured out don’t you Mark?”

“C’mon Madison.”

“I liked it better when I at least thought you loved me and you were just jealous, not after my father’s money.”

“Madison, I do love you. Not the way that Bob loves you but in my own way. I’d make sure nothing happened to you and I’d take care of you.”

“What if I had Daddy write you a big fat check a billion dollars, then would you go away and leave me and Bob alone?”

“No babe. It’s not all about money. I’ve been obsessed with you since the day I met you. Your dazzling green eyes, your soft light brown hair,” he took a small portion and spread it across his opened fingers then smelled it. “Brad wasn’t the only one who noticed your beautiful breasts at sixteen and they’re still beautiful and from what I’ve seen lately your nipples are still as sensitive as ever.”

Mark leaned in to kiss her, and she moved her head away. He unbuttoned her shirt and took it off while she stood still he kissed her shoulder as he undid her bra, once it was off his mouth latched on to a nipple as she stood there in tears. Soon his tongue had started swirling around and he lightly bit her as he continued sucking on her. He moved his hand down her stomach and undid her pants then he put his deep down her underwear. Then he took it away and moved his mouth from her nipple to her ear, “Nice to know I still have it. Let’s save it for the wedding night.”

He left her standing there shirtless with her pants undone crying. She hated how her body betrayed her so badly as did her mind for imagining it was Bob. She was quickly brought back to reality when her phone rang it was just past midnight she knew it would be Bob.

“Hello,” she said through her tears.

“Baby what’s the matter?” asked a concerned Bob, “I heard about Lizzie is she okay?”

“She’s fine.”

“Then talk to me baby.”

“I can’t do this Bob. I can’t have a family crisis and you be in another country so far away.”

“I just found out I’ll hop on the first flight there.”

“No Bob just go to Chicago.”

“I can go to Chicago later.”

“Bob I want you to go to just Chicago,” she finally yelled through her tears.

“What’s going on Maddie, tell me please?”

She hated hearing him plead, but she couldn’t stand the thought of him being in prison or something else happening to Elisabeth.

“It’s over Bob.”

“No Maddie it can’t be. I’ll fly out and we’ll talk about it.”

“Bob I have a restraining order, you can’t come more than a hundred feet near me.”

“I don’t care I want to talk about this, I want to fix this.”

“We can’t Bob, please just leave me alone. I put all your things in a box and sent them back to you. Take care of Ali and your son. You belong with them now.”

Before leaving Mark took the box of Bob’s things and slipped the envelope inside, he decided that he would send the box overnight to Bob. He smiled at the prospect that it would be waiting for Bob when he got in the door.

Bob arrived in Chicago two days later feeling disheartened but soon he would feel even worse as he saw a package on his porch. It was his worst fear, the mail stamp said it was from Litchfield, Ct. Bob saw the letter on top.

Dear Bob,

Thank you for an amazing eight and a half weeks of my life. I really thought we could make it through anything but our upbringings and your life on the road have seen to be too much. I had hoped this relationship would be fifty-fifty but you proved it couldn’t be. While I was more than happy to do everything you wanted to do you never shared my enthusiasm for trying things I enjoyed. You asked me to take Kelsey or even Mark. You being away gave me time to think and I realized I was losing myself to be with you. Isn’t that what you and the band have always said be true to yourself. Please understand that without you I am.

Love,

Maddie

Bob riffled through the mail that was held at the post office while he was gone and he saw something that made his face light up like he had found the golden ticket to Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, an invitation to her mother’s benefit. He had forgotten everyone else got them too but through them out once they heard she broke up with Bob.

He got on the internet and knew exactly how to make amends. He had a little over two weeks to change himself and win her back.


It was the night before the benefit and Madison was firming up the guest list with Elisabeth.

“Bob’s not on here,” said the younger Trenton.

“He’s not invited.”

“Why not?”

“It’s not like he’d show up Lizzie.”

“You don’t know that?” Elisabeth hated her plans to get her sister and Bob back together being foiled. The four of them worked so hard helping Bob know the things he needed to know in front of their peers. And she would have to melt at the present he was giving her. It was so perfect. Now he wasn’t even on the list of attendees. Elisabeth would just sneak his name on the list just before the gala.

The night came and the clock struck closer to the time they were supposed to leave. Madison tried to put a smile on her face because after all this was to help people in need and this was her first test in heading a multimillion dollar foundation. She had cried her eyes out the last two weeks straight her grades were slipping badly. She knew she needed to get it together mid-terms were coming and then finals. She needed to put Bob behind her for now and concentrate getting through tonight and then school. She hoped Bob was safely tucked in Jersey so he wouldn’t have to witness what was about to happen first hand.

Madison took one last look in the mirror before her father called for all of them. In the limo would be William, Madison, Mark, Elisabeth, Derek, Natasha and Richard. Natasha and Richard were going as just friends. The black tied affair started at eight but they had arrived a half hour early to make sure everything was set up properly and were able to greet the guests as they arrived.

Bob sat in the practice room with the rest of the band and they had just finished their last practice before he Maxwell’s benefit. “So what are we doing tonight?” asked Frank.

“I have plans,” said Bob quietly.

“You’re going aren’t you?” asked Ray.

“It’s my last chance to get Madison back before we go on tour. I have to go.”

“Do you want us to come with you?” asked Mikey.

“I got it,” replied Bob.

They went to Ray’s house and a half hour later Bob was dressed in an Armani tuxedo, full with cummerbund and cufflinks.

Christa smiled, “You look handsome Bob.”

“I hate wearing these things but if it helps me get Madison back I’ll wear them for the rest of my life.”


At the benefit Derek just stared at Elisabeth, she wore a deep blue strapless Badgley Mishaka gown which was overlayed in tulle with rhinestones sewn into it.

Richard couldn’t believe how beautiful Natasha looked in her BCMG Max Azaria it was a shimmering black strapless that had ribbon ties on the sides. He had hoped tonight he would finally ask her to be his girlfriend.

At nine o’clock the speeches began, first was William saying how much he loved his first wife and how proud he was of his daughter.

Next was a family friend who spoke fondly of the deceased first Mrs. Trenton but the last speech belonged to Madison.

She took a deep breath and looked down at her note cards, never noticing that Bob had sneaked in. He sat in back at table with Kelsey, Dave, Derek, Natasha & Richard, and two other couples he never met.

“My mother passed away from a drunk driving accident when I was five years old. I don’t remember much about her only that she was beautiful and loved the ballet, which I share a common interest in. As I got older I learned about another love of my mother’s and that was helping people. All my life I’ve been a spoiled princess, this past summer a special friend changed all that. That person showed me that just because your pockets were empty didn’t mean your life was worth less than the billionaire’s daughter sitting next to you in an emergency room.”

Bob was so proud of her at the moment.

“It was something my mom always believed. So in her memory this foundation was created to do exactly that. To help those who are having problems getting by. The first recipients are a young woman studying to be a doctor. Her tuition money was spent trying to cure her mother of cancer. Unfortunately she lost her battle two weeks ago. Our second recipient is a young man who has cancer and is now undergoing a new experimental treatment. As of yesterday his prognosis is good. I see in the future this foundation helping more people like this and with your help I know we can. I love you Mom and I hope to do you proud.”

Everyone was clapping while wiping the tears from their eyes.

Mark escorted Madison to the middle of the dance floor. Bob couldn’t believe how beautiful she looked. Her hair was down cascading just past her shoulder, she wore a black Versace capped sleeve off the shoulder gown that had a slit in the front that went up her thigh. It really showed off her beautiful legs. Bob swallowed hard wishing he was the one that was going to dance the first dance with her. But he’ll settle for what ever dance he could get, and then he would give her his gift.

Mark began to speak, “Actually now we were supposed to play a clip of Madison’s mother, however I wanted to ask Madison an important question first.” Mark got down on one knee, “Madison since the first day I saw you I fell in love with you. I’ve watch you grown into a beautiful vibrant loving woman. It would truly be an honor if you would be my wife.”

Bob sat there in shock trying to comprehend what was happening in front of him.

Madison swallowed hard and was about to answer when she saw him, her Bob and suddenly she felt she could conquer anything Mark could throw at them. She was about to say No, when she saw Mark look over his shoulder. There stood the girl that was in the video with her mother heading towards Bob. Mark held the ring waiting for an answer. She looked at the girl again and she was heading closer to Bob. She looked at the head table and there was a very large man standing behind Elisabeth with a remote. Then she noticed two uniformed New York policemen. She looked one more time at the man behind Elisabeth who pointed the remote and a large screen came down and then there was silence.

Mark broke the silence with one question, “Madison?” She knew she was defeated. If she said no he would have had Bob arrested then and there.

“Of course I’ll marry you.”

The whole room began clapping except for half of one table that was shocked and were trying to give Bob comfort.

The movie clip started. While that was going on Bob took an envelope out of his inside pocket and placed it on the table. Give this to Madison, tell her I said congratulations. When the clip was over Madison looked over to the table Bob was at and he was gone.

After Madison and Mark finished accepting congratulations from the hundreds of guests that were there, Madison made it over to the table with Kelsey, Dave, Natasha, Richard, Derek & Elisabeth. “How did he take it?”

“I’ve never seen such devastation in anyone’s eyes,” said Dave.

“Why?” asked Kelsey.

“It was the right choice.” Madison started to leave.

“Bob left you this envelope Maddie,” said Derek.

She opened the envelope and read the note.

“I’m sorry, things really should be fifty-fifty here’s my gift of compromise.”

Madison looked in the envelope and there were two tickets to the Boston Ballet’s performance of the Nutcracker. Madison cried at the thoughtfulness of Bob and wished with all her heart it was his ring she was wearing.
Sign up to rate and review this story