Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Babysitter

Chapter 8.......

by dtng101 1 review

READ & FIND OUT...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-08-12 - Updated: 2008-08-12 - 970 words

0Unrated
A/N:OKAY SO IN THE NEXT CHPATER OR SO.THE REST OF MCR IS GOING TO COME OUT OKAY-D
-------------------------
NORMAL POV.

"I'm going to be good at this job."The thought gave her special pleasure.Her mother was always accusing her of being irresponsible,of living in a world of daydreams and not being able to handle anything real.But her mother was wrong.
Karina was proving that.
her simile faded when she heard the loud knock on the front door.She stopped on the bottom step and grabbed the bannister.She could feel the fear grip her body,the same fear she had felt in the living room when she had heard the quiet footsteps.
The knock was repeated,harder this time.
Who could it be?
It was early for the Ways to be home.
And they wouldn't knock.
Could she see out?No.The door was solid wood,no window or peephole.
Whoever was out there pounded again,three hard raps,then three more.
It sounds like a burglar,Karina thought.A picture of a guy in a black-and-purple striped sweater,wearing a black mask over his eyes,carrying a bag of burglar tools flashed into her mind.
No.It's not a burglar.A burglar wouldn't knock.
Unless it was very cautious burglar,and he was checking to make sure no one was home before breaking in.So if I don't answer the door,he'll think no one is home,and he'll-
It's the baby-sitter attacker,the one on the papers.
No.Don't be stupid.How would he know there's a baby-sitter here tonight?It's my first nifgt on the job.
It's the police.A truck carrying toxic waste turned over outside,and they have to evacuate the neighborhood immediately.If I don't answer the door,I'll breath the toxic fumes and be turned into a drooling mutant......
Three more hard raps on the door.
Karina pressed her cheek against the door.The wood felt surprisingly cold."Who is it?"
No reply.
She could hear the wind roaring outside the door.
"Who is it?Who's there?"
She pressed her ear against the door again.
The wind was howling too loudly to hear anytihng else.
"I'd better open the door,"she told herself.
She looked for a chain to attach so that an intruder couldn't just push his way in.But there was none.
Three more knocks.
She took a deep breath and pulled the door open a crack.
"Oh."The cry escaped her lips before she could stop it.
The white porch light revealed a tall but powerfully built man.Despite the cold and gusting winds,he was wearing only an oversized,replaide lumberjack shirt.His eyebrows caught Karina's attention.They were nicely formed.He had a bushy curly afro.He had amazing brown eyes and looked like if he worked out a lot.
His height was amazing he was ver tall in deed.
He reeked of the aroma of cigars.it must have been soaked into his shirt and jeans.
He looked as startled to see Karina as she was to see him."Who are you?"he asked,his voice surprisingly sweet.Somehow he was tsill able to speak and still keep the cigar butt clamped between his teeth.
"I-I'm the baby-sitter,"Karina said,struggling to remember exactly who she was."Who are you?"
He looked at her suspiciously.He didn't seem to hear her question."Everything okay in there?"
"Yes,"she said squeesing the doorknob until her hand hurt."Can I help you with something?"
Dumb question,but what else should she say?
"No.Uh...I'm sorry.I'm Toro,Ray Toro.I'm the neighbor."
"Oh.The neighbor."Karina started to feel a little relieved.Butthen she thought,maybe he's lying,and her fera returned.
"I thought Nacy and Gerard were home."He chewed on the cigar butt and looked her up and down.
"Uh...no.they're out tonight.They go out on Thursday nights."
Why did I tell him that?How stupid!Now he knows that I'll be alone with Bob every Thursday night.STUPID,STUPID,STUPID.
"I'm sorry to disturb you this time of night.I thought I saw a prowler out back."He pointed a stubby finger towards the woods on the right.
"Did you happen to hear anything."
"No.Not a thing"
Was he really the neightbor?Did he really hear a prowler?Was hethe prowler?
"I thought I saw someone.There's been a prowler in the neighborhood."He removed the tiny cigar butt from his teeth and jammed it into his shirt pocket."Mind if I come in and look around?"
"Yes.I mean no.I don't think so.I mean,I don't know you.I don't think the Ways would...I mean,everything's okay.I didn't hear anything."
He squinted at her suspiciusly,his eyebrowsfolding above his eyes like up-side down V'S."You sure?".
"Yes.Positive.It was nice of you to be concerned,though.Thank you."
SHe started to close the door.HE TOOK A STEP FORWARD.
hER HEART JUMPED UP TO HER throat.
Was he going to try to push his way in?What was he going to do?
Why was he staring at her like that?
"If you hear anything,I'll be nearby,"he said,backing down.he looked into her eyes."I'm always nearby."
Was that a threat?
Wh did he stare at her liek that when he said it?
Or was she just imagining that he meant more than he said?
"Good night,"she said .She closed the door quickly,slamming it hard without realizing it,and locked it.Then she slumpeddown in her arms,trying to catch her breath.
"YAAAAAAAAIIII"!
She screamed when she felt the hand on her shoulder.
"Sorry.I didn't mean to scare you,"Bob said."I'm thrist again."
Sign up to rate and review this story