Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

A natural disaster.

by darkviolet 7 reviews

You don't pass out on the street when you're fine!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-08-13 - Updated: 2008-08-13 - 1454 words

1Exciting
As fate would have it, Mikey was the one to find me instead of some Jersey criminal and I don't know if I should consider it a miracle or a misfortune, after all Jersey criminals don't ask questions and Mikey sure did. Of course that at the time it didn't even register in my fuzzy mind that the shadow that fell over me was actually Mikey and not Diana coming back for seconds.
"Please don't hurt me," I whimpered into my palms which were covered with my dried blood.

"Honey, Viola what happened?," his frantic voice sounded far away and muffled and his cold hands gripping my wrists in his attempt to remove the palms from my face caused the panic to rifle through my gut.

"Please please please," I screamed, "I hate his art! I really do!"

"Viola, are you high again?," he pulled me into a sitting position after a little struggle.

Slowly, bit by bit I started to break through the unconscious confused daze I was in, studying him carefully, suddenly aware of the cold, "I'm fine," I wiped my cheeks with a quick swift yet shaking motion, "I'm fine, I was just kidding," I tried to smile playfully, "The master of deception got you again"

Mikey narrowed his eyes, looking me over suspiciously, "So the blood is part of the bargain?"

I automatically looked down on my palms and bruised knees covered in dried trails of dried red blood and tried to block the early events from my mind so that my act will be more believable yet the shivering slightly gave me away, "Make up," I whispered.

"Make up?," he repeated.

I nodded, trying to smile again.

"What happened?," he asked forcefully, "And don't give me bullshit"

"I told you," I attempted to rise to my feet, failing miserable and flopping on my sore ass again, "I played a prank on you," I laughed a little hollow laugh, "You should've seen your face!"
Mikey frowned, sneaking glances up and down the street, trying to verify my version yet I saw the disbelief and pity in his face and it hurt me the most, "Look, I'm not some druggette that overdosed and passed out in the middle of the street!" I snapped, tears forming in the corners of my eyes again, stinging.

Mikey sighed not saying anything.

"I'm not!," I exclaimed and stood up sharply to prove my point. It turned out to be a big mistake, like everything that I did. My literally frozen legs didn't carry the weight and my knees buckled, hitting the hard cement once again, making me cry out in pain.

"I'm taking you home," he muttered and before I could as much as ask which home he meant, he scooped me up in his arms, cradling me against his chest.

"Mikey," I gasped once I managed to lift my jaw of the floor, "What are you doing? Put me down!"
He adjusted me a bit in his arms and without saying a word started walking towards his house.
Horror washed over me once I realized I would have to face Gerard and perhaps break his heart all over again and I couldn't bear that thought, not in my shocked state. That overpowered my shock that Mikey could do things like carry me and not even break a sweat.
"I'm serious! Put me down! I'm fine," I glared at him, wriggling in his arms.

"Stop!," he barked when he almost lost his balance cause of my constant moving, "Just stop! You don't pass out on the street when you're fine! So shut the fuck up!"

"But I'm fine!," I whined but didn't dare to move again, "I'm OK! I was kidding! I don't wanna go home"

"Tough shit cause that's where I'm taking you," he said harshly without as much as glancing at me.

"Mikey, please," I begged, "I can't go there. Your brother is there, I just can't"

"Why?"

"It's hard to explain," I said softly, looking away from him, "Just trust me when I say that I can't"

He sighed, "I don't even think he's home. He's rarely home lately, but you gotta clean up and you're still trembling," he said decisively, squeezing me a bit closer to him to provide some warmth, "You can tell me anything, Viola. You know that, right?"

His words brought tears to my eyes again so I just nodded a little, feeling a rush of appreciation towards his loyalty and relief that I don't have to deal with Gerard just yet, that I have a little time to think this through, plan my next move. I rested my head against Mikey's chest and sighed heavily as thoughts began to swirl in my mind. Was keeping my mother's ugly secret worth the hurt I might cause Gerard? Or maybe bringing an end to all the secrets and games would actually do our families some good? I felt resentment for having to make such hard life changing decisions when the most difficult choice people my age had to face was what to wear in the morning.

Mikey unlocked the door with one hand, bending his knees a little, once again surprising me with his unexpected strength and pushed the door open with his foot.
Familiar warmth and a stream of light greeted us like an old friend.
I was almost starting to feel human again as Mikey unnecessarily carried me quietly through the brightly lit hallway when I noticed that he froze on his tracks. I followed his gaze and inhaled sharply.
Gerard was walking out of the kitchen with the remote in his one hand and a half empty vodka bottle in his other, he froze too when he looked up to see me and Mikey. With me in Mikey's arms. Looking like a mess. About to break him down. Again.
"Oh my god," a whisper escaped my throat.
It was a silent and tense moment as we all basked in the light glow of the TV, staring at each other.

Mikey looked alarmed when Gerard started laughing loudly, tearing his gaze from me and him, he still didn't have the sense to put me down and I didn't trust my voice enough to speak, "Seriously? Mikey too? What a whore!"
His laughter was hurting my ears but I didn't dare to protest.

"Gerard," Mikey said gravely finally finding his own voice, "I found her passed out right around the corner"

"Fucking someone?," Gerard flopped on the sofa, taking a sip from his bottle, "Maybe snorting something"

"Fuck you!," I spat out, glaring.

"Ah yes," he smiled evilly, "Fuck me, Ray, Frank, Dan, Mikey. Did I forget someone? I probably did, I don't know Evey guy in Jersey after all"

"Gee," Mikey warned him.

"Oh like you don't know," Gerard waved his hand at Mikey, "It's all true, you know"

"Whatever," Mikey shook his head and carried me to his room, placing me gently on his bed and looked me over with a frown.

"You didn't have to do that," I whispered, "I'm fine"

He sighed and took some clothes out of his messy closet, "I'll go get you some water while you change"

I rubbed my temples, "Really, I'm fine"

"You're still shaking," he threw a sweater at me, "You want some aspirin?"

I nodded eagerly. Mikey chuckled at my reaction, "Then again maybe not. I'll be right back, you change"

He closed the door behind him, leaving me alone in his untidy room. I glanced around it, seeing but registering what I saw. I felt a bit better mainly due to Gerard's reaction. He hated me, he humiliated me. That was exactly the result Diana was looking for and I didn't even have to work for it, I just had to show up a few hours late for our meeting, in his brother's arms.
At the same time my gut clenched with hurt, I didn't want him to hate me but I didn't want to hurt my dad either.
It was hopeless, no matter what I do or not do I ended up fucking things. I was a natural disaster.
I changed clothes and sat at the edge of the bed with my head in my hands when Mikey returned.
Looking up, I gasped. Behind Mikey and his first aid kit was Gerard carrying a tray with some cups and plates, looking remorseful.
My heart sank, I might have to break his down after all...








A/N
God you guys, I don't know why ficwad is being so difficult but it won't let me respond to any of your comments.
Just know that I read them religiously and is grateful to every single one of you!
Sign up to rate and review this story