Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Throttle The Ignition

Meet Gerard Way

by Hatsumi_Narita 0 reviews

the title explains it all.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-14 - Updated: 2008-08-14 - 1202 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard's POV;

It was first period, English. Bored out of my mind I had 2 options: Draw, or sleep. Well, I don't like sleeping in class ever since that one time in math with Frank. So drawing was my only option.

"Okay Class," Mrs.Leto said. Of Course, as soon as I start drawing, she decides to make an announcement. Whatever, I decide to ignore it.

"We have a new student," she explained,

Well this should be good.

"Her name is Katlyn Palmer. She just moved here, so I would like you all to make her feel welcome, okay?"

I looked at the new girl up and down. She had a sorta of purple-ish, pin-straight hair. She had a pale face, and she wore black eyeshadow and black eyeliner. She also had a tight Misfits tee, ripped jeans and black converse. Her messenger bag had Black Flag and Iron Maiden patches on it. Her body was average, not to skinny, but not too fat either. Her chest was pretty big too, but I wasn't paying attention to that, really I wasn't. She looked better then any girl I've ever seen at Belleville High.

"Gerard," I heard my name called.

"Huh?" I snapped back into reality.

"Would you mind showing Katlyn around the school and to her locker? I'll write you a pass." Mrs.Leto asked.

"Uh sure." I stood and over to her desk.

"Here you are." she handed me the pass.

I grabbed the piece of paper and walked out of the classroom, Katlyn following behind me.

The "tour" of the school was silent. I broke the silence when I asked,

"So, where did you move here from?"

She looked shy, it took her a second or 2 to answer.

"Connecticut." she said quietly.

"Oh, so why did you move?"

"I wanted a fresh start. Something happened and I wanted to start out new."

She must've had a fucked up life. Kinda sounds like me, just, I never moved. I wanted to change the subject to start a "lighter" conversation.

"So you like The Misfits?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're one of my favorite bands." She said with a smile.

"What's your favorite song from them?"

She thought for moment.

"Well, I like Descending Angel, but I think my favorite would have to Dig Up Her Bones."

I smiled. I think we're going to become fast friends.

"Yeah my favorites would have to be Astro Zombies, Helena and...Some Kinda Hate."

"I love those songs." she said with a smile.

"What other bands do you like?" I asked her.

"Well, I like Black Flag, The Misfits, Iron Maiden, Smashing Pumpkins-"

"You like Smashing Pumpkins too?" I asked with excitement.

"Yeah, I love Billy Coregon, he voice is so powerful and they're lyrics just blow me away."

"Really? I feel the same way! What songs do you like from them?"

"I like a lot actually. I love Ava Adore, Zero, Tonight Tonight, but I think my favorites would have to be Today and Bullet With Butterfly Wings, and Everlasting Gaze."

"I like those ones too. Bullet With Butterfly Wings is my favorite song, I like the video for Today. I love the part where Billy walks off of the Ice Cream truck and just walks into the desert."

"I love that video, and Bullet With Butterfly Wings is just an amazing song."

"Yeah, it is."

Suddenly, silence washed over the conversation. Luckily, the lockers came up. I noticed that her locker was right next to mine.

"Okay, here's your locker, and here's mine."

I pointed to a locker then to mine. She got the combination out of her pocket and started to turn the knob. The lock opened and she started emptying out her bag into her locker. She grabbed a notebook and binder, before she slammed the locker shut, a sketch pad fell out.

"Shit," she swore and grabbed the book quickly.

"What's that?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Oh nothing, it's just my sketch pad."

"You like to draw?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, it...well, it helps me get my thoughts out. I know that sounds stupid, but I kinda get lost in my drawings to escape the life around me."

Was this girl for real? She was like me in a way. I want to get to know her better. A LOT better...

"That's not stupid, I'm the same way. When I draw, I get lost, because I want to escape the world around me also. It helps me a lot, especially when I have no where else to go..."

She looked up at me, and stared, but then put her head back down.

"I've never met anybody who shared the same feelings for drawing. It's nice to know that that's how you feel as well." she said, but again silence conquered us.

"Hey," I said

"Yeah?"

"Since you're the new girl in school, and you really don't know anybody here, why don't you sit with me and my friends at lunch? I want you to meet them and I want you to meet my brother too. He's in 9th grade, but he's awesome, so what do you say? You gonna come?"

She smiled.

"Sure, I'd love to meet them. but you'll have to shoe me where to sit and where the cafe is."

"Okay, meet me here after 4th period and we'll meet them in the cafe."

"Okay, thanks Gerard." she said with a smile.

"For what?"

"For being so nice. Usually, people don't talk to the new kid. You're nice enough to even look at me. Thanks. It mean a lot to me."

"Aww, it's nothing. Actually, I'm glad you're here. My friend, Tragedy needs another girl to hang around with. Alicia is in 9th grade with my brother and Jamia isn't in our lunch. So it will be nice to have another girl at the table."

I don't know why, but I'm starting to feel a bit nervous around her. Like shy. Shit, for Christ's sake, I just met her and she already turns me on! Fuck! Okay, I have to keep myself together.

"Gerard?"

"Huh?" I snapped out of it.

"Well, you are going to show me around aren't you?" she laughed.

"Yeah, let's go." I walked in front of her and she ran up next to me. I looked down at her.

"Y'know, you're pretty short. How old are you?"

She looked up and blushed, then looked down again. I smiled.

"I'm 16! I may be short for my age, you don't need to remind me." she pouted. I laughed.

"You may be short, but I like that in a girl. I don't like girls that are taller than me. You're just fine, hell, you're pretty damn awesome as far as I know."

She looked up. I looked down and smiled.

"You're just saying that to make me happy."

"No, really, I've never met a girl like you at Belleville High. Plus, you're prettier than any girl I've seen in Jersey."

Oh shit, I didn't mean to say that last part out loud. Fuck, what will she think?!

"...Thank you. That means a lot." she blushed.

I smiled and sighed. Good. She doesn't think I'm a complete dumb ass.
Sign up to rate and review this story