Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting My Baby Back

Mistakes I've Made

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Alyssa looks back at her mistakes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-08-18 - Updated: 2008-08-18 - 554 words

2Original
I looked in the mirror one last time. I look so different from the last time I saw any of them, which was almost eight years now. My hair is still dark brown but instead of long big curls it’s short and layered. Back then my face was young and innocent but now its hardened and worn from all the drug and alcohol abuse. I had on a touch of make-up because I think he might like it that way, I really don’t know. We only had that one night and it was a dare to get a bag of smack. We all laughed about it afterwards. My boyfriend at the time even watched as I gave the kid the fuck of his young life. No one was laughing though when I found out that I was pregnant at sixteen and gong to be a mom at seventeen.

We were so stupid back then he was the kid no one liked and since Patrick died we teased him mercilessly. I don’t know why. Maybe because he had just moved here, maybe Patrick was his only friend or maybe because he was a band geek. Who am I kidding we all know the reason, he asked me out on his first day of school after moving here. But he didn’t know I was Gerard’s property and even amongst us outcasts no one messed with Gerard Way.

Gerard, just thinking of him makes my heart skip a beat and I would kill to be with him again. But that’s not the purpose of tonight. Tonight is when I start to do anything to get my child back. A hole that I’ve tried to fill since I gave her up so long ago, first with drugs, then with sobriety, and now a career, but nothing has worked. It kills me I’m at a job where I see her every day from Monday through Friday.

When I gave her up for adoption my parents made sure it was iron clad and so did the law. But now the law is on my side. To escape trouble I told them I was raped and didn’t know who the father was. If the father didn’t know he can contest the adoption even though it’s been several years. And actually I didn’t know who the father was until she walked into the school, now I know better. I wished it was Gerard’s and we would live happily ever after as the perfect family, but that wouldn’t be my life. No it would have to be the kid that Gerard hated most in the world back then.

I looked at the flyer one more time.

10th ANNUAL FUNDRAISER FOR PATRICK MORRISEY
Knights of Columbus Hall
98 Bridge Street
Belleville, NJ

Come and remember Patrick with us
Through all the good times and bad
We’ll have food and refreshments and live entertainment
So come and share a few laughs and a few tears.

Live entertainment supplied by Splitting Hairs
(Up and coming local band about to make it big)

Cover charge $15.00

Sponsored by Robert Bryar
and The Patrick Morrissey Foundation


One thing I can say at least the music will be good. How could it not be, its Jersey.
Sign up to rate and review this story