Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Jesus Of Disturbia

Precious little monster

by lornabee19 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-19 - Updated: 2008-08-19 - 1238 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

The knuckles on my right hand were split and bleeding. I was just staring at my hand in shock. Did I really just do that? My brother Mikey was standing just a few feet away, nose bleeding, not my doing though. No way, I would never hurt my baby brother. That was Ellis.

Ellis Dawson. Lying just in front of me, nose also bleeding. Eyes out of focus.

Principle Williams, standing at the end of the hallway.

Shit.

*

And that’s how I ended up here. In a private conference room in down town NJ. My Mom, our lawyer, Ellis’s Dad, his lawyer, the judge, two police officers and a social worker. Yeah, all this just for me, I’m flattered. Can you pick out the sarcasm there? All this, just because I punched some brat in the face. He deserved it. He makes Mikey’s life a misery. I don’t see him under prosecution. Just because the principle hates me and Ellis’s daddy owns a power plant in Texas. Or something along those lines.

Apparently, Mr Dickhead…I mean Dawson, doesn’t want me sent to juvie. But he does want me punished for hurting his precious little monster. And the principle, being the pain in my ass he is, gave the social worker a list of my past offences. They weren’t even really offences. Possession of weed on school grounds? Please. Like I was going to smoke it there! Minor fights (that I usually lost). And it was usually Ellis’s cronies I was up against. But I digress.

Here I am now. In this really uncomfortable chair.

“As Mr Dawson wishes to press charges although does not wish for Mr Way to be held in a juvenile detention centre. I am sentencing Gerard to 3 months house arrest with an electronic ankle bracelet with GPS tracking beginning immediately. Case closed.” The judge announced nonchalantly. She then shuffled her papers then left the room along with the Dawsons and their lawyer.

*

In the car, my mom was quiet. I’m not sure if she was angry with me or just disappointed. Same thing really. She was the first one to break the silence.

“I just don’t understand why.” She questioned.

“Why what?”

“Why you hit him. I mean, couldn’t you have gone and fetched a teacher or something?”

“Fetch a teacher? Mom are you crazy?” She gave me the death glare while tightening her grip on the steering wheel.

“What I’m saying mom, is that I couldn’t just go and get a teacher. Firstly, they all hate me-”

“-And who’s fault is that then?” It was my turn to dish out the death glare.

“And secondly, he had just hit Mikey! What kind of brother would I have been if I had just run away to ’fetch’ a teacher?”

“Uugh. I give up Gerard really. It’s all done and dusted now.” She gave a heavy sigh. It was confirmed. She was disappointed.

I slumped down in the car seat, glancing at the wing mirror where I could see the police escort following closely.

Once inside, I was sat on top our kitchen island with my right pant leg rolled up to my knee. Mikey was standing in the doorway looking remorseful. A woman was fitting me with the ankle bracelet. It kinda looked like a digital watch, only without the clock bit on it.

“Ok, there we go. Now, you can’t take that off ok? It has a tamper-detection system, you try to take that off and we will know about it. So don’t even try.”

I nodded meekly.

She pointed to a black and grey box that was plugged into the wall on the other side of the kitchen.

“That is GPS receiver. It works in tandem with your ankle bracelet. It has a range of about a hundred yards. As you will notice, your bracelet has a green light on it. As soon as you step out of your GPS boundary, it will turn red and a silent alarm will be tripped. Although you will have ten seconds to get back into your safety area. If not, you’ll have a squad car on your ass.”

“Okay.” I was a little lost for words at her blunt attitude. He liked her.

“And don’t even think about trying to unplug the receiver. If you do then-”

“I have a S.W.A.T team on my ass. I got it.” I could see my mother giving me the look. But really, I’ve stopped caring by this point. I’m already under house arrest, what more can she do?

“Good. Now if that’s you sorted, then we will be leaving.” She nodded to the police officer that had followed her in.

“Let me show you out.” My mom was eager to get them the hell out of her kitchen.

I hopped down from the counter as my mom left the kitchen. Mikey shuffled closer.

“I’m so-sorry Gerard.” His voice was quiet.

“What? Why are you sorry?” I found the thought a little amusing.

“Well. It’s just. It’s my fault. That you’re like banged up for the summer. ’Cause I was the one with the problem with Ellis, not you. So, I’m sorry.”

“Nah. It’s ok. I’d probably just stay in the house all summer anyway.” I cracked a shaky smile hoping to lighten his mood a little.

“yeah, ok.” He nodded but he still looked pretty down.

“C’mere.” I reeled him in for a hug. Instantly he wrapped his arms around my waist. He gave a heavy sigh.

“You ok?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

We heard the front door slam, our mom pace into the kitchen. I couldn’t really decipher the look she was giving me. Was it annoyance?. Nope. Disappointment? Nope. Then she smiled, the unknown expression gone.

“Mikey, why don’t you go and tidy your room?” mom was looking at me while talking to my brother.

“But I cleaned it yesterday!” Was his protest.

“Just go upstairs. I need to talk to your brother.”

“Ok.”

I watched my brother’s back retreating towards the stairs.

“Look honey. I’m not angry with you. And I’m not disappointed in you. I just don’t really understand. I thought I had brought you up better than that. I thought I had taught you that violence is never the answer. But, I do know you were just protecting your brother, and I know that is more important to you than anything I will ever teach you.” She was still smiling. I think that was a good sign.

“But.” I knew it. There’s always a ‘but’.

“I am taking away your internet and phone access for 3 weeks.” I went to say something.

“And before you argue with me. I know that this house arrest seems like punishment enough, I wanted to add my little touch to it.” She was still smiling.

Oh joy.





*******
A/N

Hey there!

Ok. so I am resurecting my FicWad profile. I am getting tired of Mibba. Mainly because there are too many 'teeny-boppers' for my liking and the comments I am getting on there are really not helping me improve on my writing.

So pretty please review. It's means a lot to me.






Thanks

x
Sign up to rate and review this story