Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Chosen One

Prologue

by omega13c 3 reviews

Harry goes backwards in time and adopts his younger self. With the prophecy, who is the one that will defeat Voldemort?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-08-26 - Updated: 2008-08-26 - 492 words

3Original
Author's Note

This story was inspired by some fan fiction I read a while ago called Second Life by Nia River. Things maybe similar to Second Life early on but the two stories will become different in a few chapters or so.

Prologue

Harry was in his dorm room. That morning, his saw his godfather die. His headmaster, Dumbledore tried to re-assure him it wasn't his fault and took the blame. Dumbledore went on to explain to him about the prophecy and the blood protection he had from living with his aunt. He had mixed feelings about Dumbledore. He trusted Dumbledore but was mad that Dumbledore had left him in the dark for the past year. He know knew the reasons and agreed with them but wished he could have been told before being given the silent treatment. It would have at least prevented all that wondering about why he was being ignored.

He wished his life was different. He wished that prophecy didn't exist or Voldemort thought it was about someone else. That prophecy just had to say he was the only one who could defeat Voldemort. But most importantly, he wished he could have grown up knowing his parents who Voldemort murdered to get at him when he was only a year old.

After his parents died, Dumbledore placed him with his aunt so Harry can be protected. Harry's mother had invoked some ancient magic that made it so as long as he called a blood relative of his mother's home his home as well, no harm can come to him. As brilliant as Dumbledore's plan was, it had one flaw. His aunt and uncle were not the nicest of people and did there best to make Harry's life miserable. How he wished he could go back in time and change all that. Save his parents from being killed and his younger self would never have to know his aunt and uncle. Somehow, he was granted the means to fulfill that wish.

After his meeting with Dumbledore that morning, he discovered a time turner had fallen in his pocket while he was in the Department of Mysteries. He started calculating how many turns it would take for it to take him back in time to save his parents. It was to many to do by hand but he learned a charm that year that would do it for him. He performed the charm on the time tuner and it spun extremely fast. It was blur. When it stopped turning, he felt being pulled back into the past.

But it didn't feel like the last time he had used a time turner to go backwards in time. The last time, it felt like a gentle tug. This time, it felt like a violent pull. Everything around him was a grayish color. Then suddenly, the time tuner exploded.
He then found himself laying face down in a park near were he lived.
Sign up to rate and review this story