Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Bunksharing Surprises

by neve 4 reviews

Jill finally makes it on to the bus, tension, jokes, sore heads and oh yes Tenacious D. Hope you like it :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 4130 words - Complete

5Funny
Chapter Sixteen - Bunksharing Surprises

11th November 2006

Jill fastened her jacket as the train pulled into Bournemouth station, the rain was falling pretty hard as she looked out of the window. This was England in the middle of winter where it would 9 times out of 10 be raining yet Jill in her wisdom hadn't packed an umbrella. She had thought about it until Justin told her an umbrella was for whimps and she foolishly went along with him. How she would like to slap him now. She pulled her bags over her shoulders and gingerly stepped off the train and into the shelter.

"Are you Jill?" a man asked her.

Jill looked up slightly surprised and suspicious, "Em yes I am."

"Cool, I have a car to take you to the arena." He told her, "Would you like me to take your bags?"

Jill just looked at him again not doubting his integrity but the thought of just following someone into their car freaked her out a bit. The man seemed to notice her reluctance. "I'm perfectly safe and have been sent here to collect you on behalf of riot management and I believe you are working with the my chem guys."

"I'm really sorry but you can never be too careful." Jill replied finally believing him.

"Of course," he replied taking her to the waiting car.

The journey didn't seem to be too long before she spotted the Bournemouth International Centre. It was quite an odd looking building from the front and appeared to be more like a sports complex than a top class arena. The car drove round the back and Jill caught sight of the tour buses and lorries for the first time. The reality of what lay ahead for her suddenly hit her and she unintentially let out a deep breath. The driver stopped the car and Jill got out, she watched him as he opened the boot of the car and passed her bag to her.

"JILLLLLLLL,"

Jill turned to see Frank sitting on the steps of a bus, smoking a cigarette and waving frantically at her. He stubbed it out and walked towards her.

"Good to see you again." He said kissing her on the cheek.

"You too Frank." Jill responded.

Frank automatically took the backpack from her and swung it over his shoulder. "You ready for the magical mystery tour?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." Jill smiled back at him as she followed him onto the bus.

"So this is our bus." Frank said putting Jill's bag down beside a seat.

"Hi Jill," Gerard called out from across the room.

"Hi Gerard." Jill waved back as she followed Frank towards the back of the bus, "This place is so cool."

Frank grinned at her, "It is but you should see our tour buses for the American tour, they're huge and we even have room to rehearse."

Frank noticed Gerard following them into the bunk area, "Oh Jill, Gee here is very particular about the bunk area in terms of guarding his bunk the freak."

Jill laughed and then froze as she saw curtains open and legs appearing. Why oh why did she feel so nervous about meeting Bob once again. She had spent the last two weeks convincing herself that the silly crush had gone but now here she was again, her heart thumping and she just hoped that on the outside she remained totally cool.

"Hey Jill," Bob said still perching himself on his bunk.

"Hi Bob." Jill replied.

Frank shouted on Mikey and Ray who soon appeared, "Right I know we are staying in hotels at night but we need to decide on bunks since we have one night on the bus and so Jill can crash during the day."

"I'm alright, don't move about for me." Jill insisted not wanting them to go to any trouble.

Frank looked at Gerard suspiciously out of sight of Jill, "We need to get it sorted out anyway as we only have 4 bunks so we have to share and I'd imagine you might have a preference on who you would want to share with."

Jill almost voiced her instant shock, "What? I don't think I heard you properly."

"The problem is I need to have a bunk to myself because I thrash about and don't really sleep and well I am after all me." Gerard said adding weight to Frank's statement and Frank had to bite his hand to stop himself laughing. Ray gave him a look of disapproval as he watched Jill starting to stress out.

"I don't mind sharing Jill but my girlfriend Alicia really doesn't want me to share with other girls so usually Frank crashes with me and keeps me warm." Mikey added in a convincing voice not cracking once.

Jill felt like she was starting to sweat, there was suddenly no air in the bus and her choices of who to share with were disappearing and she knew there was no way she could share with Bob. "I'll just sleep on the couch." Jill replied.

"You can't," Frank informed her looking at Gerard for some help on a possible reason why.

"It's health and safety Jill, there's no protection for you on the couch." Gerard added.

"That's right health and safety." Frank repeated.

"Guys come on." Bob said not wanting to watch Jill turn any whiter than she already was.

"Jill, don't listen to these nutters, there's two more bunks through there and you can have any one of them." Ray said smacking Gerard, Frank and Mikey over the back of the head.

"You spoil our fun Ray." Frank replied rubbing the back of his head.

"You are so not funny Frank and I was believing everything you said," Jill told him, "and as for you Mikey," Jill said pointing to Mikey,"I thought I could at least trust you."

Mikey grinned as the three cheeky monkeys laughed out loud, "I thought you were going to be sick." Mikey replied pointing back at Jill.

Jill sarcastically smiled back at him, "Ha,ha."

Bob pushed Mikey aside to show Jill to her bunk, "You'll get a bit more privacy up here plus you should be able to get away from Gerard snoring like a pig."

"I do not snore." Gerard pouted.

"He so does," Bob whispered to Jill and she started to laugh.

"And there will be none of that back there either Mr Bryar," Frank said pulling Jill back beside him and smirking as Bob turned a nice scarlet red.

"Will you leave Jill alone," Ray said to Frank, "Come on Jill."

Jill followed Ray into the small living area, "Sorry about them Jill, it will settle down a bit."

"No worries," Jill replied accepting the soda he held out to her.

"So you looking forward to it?" Ray asked as he opened his can and plonked down beside her.

"I'm excited but really nervous about it to," Jill replied, "Am I the only girl on this bus?"

"Yep, we're only here for just over a week and then we go back home," Ray said," Mind you I think Jamia was hoping to come over with Frank but she had to work."

"Poor Frank." Jill responded.

"I think you mean poor us, how can I say this? Jamia keeps Frank sane and without her well he goes a bit hyper." Ray said laughing.

"Oh right, you mean worse than just now."

"Yep," Ray confirmed, "So will you be coming to watch us later?"

"Definitely, I've to do a daily blog type thing for the website and an article which will get published in the next issue," Jill replied, "Plus they've trusted me with a nifty camera to snap some shots."

"Well just let me know if they get too much and you don't get the time to write." Ray said trying to reassure her.

"Thanks Ray, I don't want to stop you guys doing what you normally do and I want to reassure you all too that I won't be writing about everything that happens. I won't be crossing any lines as much as my editor might want me to."

Ray looked at Jill as if he was considering what she had just said, "Cool, we all really liked your last article and totally trust you. You'll find Gerard a bit more guarded just with him being the main point of attention and he gets a bit funny about the press writing shit about him."

"I understand but I'd be more than happy for you guys to read what I have before I send it to the magazine but I won't necessarily change it." Jill told him.

"That's fine and you really don't have to do that." Ray replied.

"Do what?" Frank asked as he entered the area they were sitting in.

"None of your business and anyway we should be getting down for the sound check," Ray immediately replied.

"See the way they talk to me Jill." Frank said stealing Ray's seat as soon as he stood up.

"Aww poor Frank." Jill replied as Frank rested his head on her shoulder.

"Don't fall for it Jill," Ray retorted, "We have to go now Frank."

"Fine, Jill do you want to come?" Frank asked looking up at her as he still leaned on her.

"If that's okay?" Jill asked as the other guys entered the room.

"Sure it is," Mikey added, "Are there fans out there?"

Gerard peeked out of the window,"I don't think so but you can never tell, remember the girls that were hiding under the bus the last time."

"I got the fright of my life," Frank responded, "They grabbed me, I felt violated."

"You loved it." Gerard replied.

"I really didn't Jill." Frank responded looking back at Jill.

Jill just laughed at him.

"Here comes the muscle." Gerard added as he saw security coming to help them get to the arena.

"Should I wait and follow you guys in later?" Jill asked thinking about people jumping to the wrong conclusions if she walked out with them.

"Don't be daft." Frank replied, "Anyway Bob will protect you, won't you Bob?"

"Sure will," Bob responded wanting to smack Frank right across the head. Bob held out his hand out to help Jill off the seat.

"Right guys come on, the coast is clear." Worm said as he opened the bus door.

Jill picked up her bag full of her essentials and followed them out of the bus. It was just a short walk from the bus to the arena. Jill almost jumped out of skin as she heard people shouting and the security guards closed in around them.

"I told you, they hide and then violate me." Frank shouted to Jill as he saw a group of fans running towards them.

Jill was caught between wanting to laugh out loud or bolting for the door due to being terrified. "It's alright Jill," Bob said walking up beside her and putting himself between her and the fans.

"Hey Worm, can you make sure Jill gets inside safe?" Bob asked him.

Worm nodded, immediately shielding her and walking her towards the door. He smiled at her as she thanked him once she was indoors.

"The first time is always a bit scary." Worm said trying to reassure her.

"A bit scary, I thought I was going to pee myself." Jill said suddenly wishing she could take it back. Her ability to speak without thinking and then humiliating herself was a special talent of hers.

Worm laughed out loud as he turned to face her before disappearing out of the door, "I wouldn't have been able to help you on that front."

Eventually the door re-opened and five rather excited, slightly ruffled band members appeared.

"British fans are mental." Frank laughed as he tried to fix his hair which was all over the place.

"Someone pinched my butt." Gerard shouted holding his butt cheek.

"Your face was hysterical," Mikey replied,"You'll squelled like Michael Jackson on helium dude."

Bob looked around and noticed Jill standing in the corner watching them all. He turned to check that she was okay.

"You okay Jill?" Frank asked as he also noticed her.

"I'm fine, that was a bit intense though." Jill replied laughing despite of herself.

"You did just fine," Frank added putting his arm around her shoulder as they followed the other guys towards the stage area. Bob stood as they walked away, cursing himself for being so slow to respond and once again watching Frank being there for her.

Jill watched them soundcheck and then she stayed to watch the support band, Pray for Silence run through their set. It was a brilliant opportunity for them to play to the fanbase that My Chem had. They were on a total high and this only increased when they were invited to hang about for something to eat with the group. Frank made sure that Jill had a seat on the table as the bands exchanged experiences and My Chem offered them some advice. Jill was starving and it was so nice to finally get something to eat.

The hours passed quickly as the stage time drew closer and she listened as the doors opened early to allow the fans to come in and the noise in the building started to grow. Jill watched as the band went out to wish their support band the best of luck. She felt so privileged to be allowed to stay in the room as they each went through their rituals before taking to the stage. Frank told Jill to come to the side of the stage to watch and Worm would let her know where to go. Jill felt like a teenager again as she watched the lights go off and the screaming start. They started with 'The End' and the arena felt like it was shaking as the crowd went mental. They seemed to move through their set so easily and Jill was so happy when they threw in 'Our Lady of Sorrows' and 'Thank You For the Venom' . She couldn't help but smile as she watched them all letting rip on stage and the crowd lapped it up. She glanced at her watch and noticed it was almost time to go, she wanted to get back on the bus before they finished. Jill informed Worm that she was heading back and refused his request for someone to accompany her. She picked up her bag from their dressing room and eventually convinced the security guys on the back door to let her out. It seemed so quiet outside like the peace before a storm hits. Jill heard the hiss of the bus doors as the driver let her back on board. She grabbed a bottle from the fridge and settled herself at the table as she waited for them to all come back. It wasn't long before Ray rushed through the door, "That was great," he said letting himself fall onto the couch. "The others should be here soon; they're just talking to some fans."

Jill gingerly peeked out of the window and watched as the four guys spoke to the fans that had gathered round the bus. They seemed so at ease just chatting away, signing stuff and getting their photo's taken. Jill looked at her watch and noticed that they had already been out there for over an hour. This band were definitely different in terms of spending time with their fans. Jill's attention was soon diverted as she heard a groan behind her.

"Are you okay," Jill asked Ray as he sat clutching his head.

"I've got an absolute nightmare of a headache, not really helped with noise." Ray said looking up at her with his eyes virtually shut.

"Do you want some paracetomol?" Jill asked, "Painkillers for headaches".

"That'd be great if you have any."

Jill unzipped the side pocket of her backpack and pulled out a small bag. She walked over to the small kitchen area and gently looked through the cupboards for a glass. Finally she found one and filled it with water from a bottle in the fridge. She popped out two tablets and made her way back to Ray.

"Here take these," Jill said handing him the tablets and the glass, "You should probably try and lie down for a bit."

Ray swallowed the medication, "I really need to go out and meet the fans, the guys have been out there for a while."

Jill shook her head,"Ray you're not well and I'm sure the fans will understand."

"I guess," Ray replied, "I'll maybe just try and have a sleep before we get to the hotel, thanks Jill."

Jill placed a pillow from one of the bunks on the couch and padded it indicating for Ray to lie down. She pulled the throw drapped over the back of the seat and gently placed it over him.

"It's gonna be nice having someone to take care of us." Ray mumbled as his eyes closed.

"You just sleep now." Jill whispered as she picked up the glass and returned it to the kitchen area.

Jill pulled out her laptop and started to update her blog for the day. So much had happened but there was also so much she would need to keep hidden. The show had been brilliant and the crowd response was amazing, she still felt their set was short but at this moment everything was good. She couldn't believe the guys were still outside talking to the fans, it had almost been two hours now. Ray was still sleeping away on the couch and he looked so cute with his tamed and darkened fro covering half his face. She looked up as she heard voices at the door and it opened with the sight of a very sweaty Gerard, a towel round his neck and make up smudged under his eyes. She could understand why the girls went mad for him, even now when technically he was a mess he looked good.

"Hi Jill," he shouted totally pumped with adrenalin.

Jill put her finger to her mouth as if to quieten him and she pointed to Ray.

"Whoops, is he still not well?" he responded looking over the couch at his good friend.

"He's trying to sleep it off." Jill whispered and then stopped as Ray moved.

"What ya doing?" Gerard asked walking over to peek at her laptop.

"Trying to write the first blog for today which I have to send to the magazine first thing tomorrow." Jill replied.

"What did you think of the show?" Gerard asked.

Jill shut her laptop, "Brilliant, it's like a proper stageshow and the new stuff fits in really well."

Gerard gave her a huge smile,"But? I'm sensing a but?"

Jill laughed,"There's no but, you guys put on a hell of a show but."

"I knew it, there had to be a but."

"Okay, okay it was a bit short." Jill added covering her head with her hands as if she was trying to defend herself from an onslought.

"I know, but you should see our plans for the main Black Parade tour though which starts next year, it'll make this one look like a kids party." Gerard proudly informed her.

At that moment Mikey, Frank and Bob appeared through the door and each were quickly silenced by Gerard as he pointed out Ray, "Toro is not well."

Jill watched as Bob looked immediately worried, "Is he alright?"

"He's taken some painkillers for a headache and trying to sleep it off." Jill whispered.

"Trying being the optimal word since you fucks won't shut up." Ray suddenly said as he begrudgingly opened his eyes.

"Sorry Ray," Jill responded feeling awful for waking him.

"It's not you sweety, it's these loud mouthed guys." Ray replied sitting up.

Jill laughed as she noticed Frank making fun of Ray behind him.

"Eyes in the back of my head Iero, you remember that." Ray snapped and Frank suddenly stopped.

The bus pulled away from the arena as it made its journey towards the hotel they would be staying in for the night. Ray had gone to crash in his bunk and Mikey had quickly followed to make a phonecall. Jill worked away on her laptop with her Ipod on to give the guys some privacy without having to worry about her overhearing them. Gerard had made her some coffee, now Jill liked coffee but he liked it like tar. Not wanting to offend him she drank it but god the caffeine content was making her dizzy. Her thoughts turned to Justin and she smiled to herself on how good he was to her. He had updated her Ipod and she loved it, he would do random stuff like that for her all the time but to know he still did it whilst being in a serious relationship made her feel so close to him. He truly was like a brother to her and she felt so blessed to have him in her life. Jill continued to type away as the song changed once again and Jill smirked as she heard the familiar intro. "this is the greatest and best song in the world, tribute" This was the song she would always sing with Ruth as they prepared for nights out.

Bob looked up to see Jill as the sound of typing had stopped. Jill was sitting staring at her screen with the happiest look on her face. Then she started to laugh softly and Gerard and Frank were now staring.

"She's off her head," Frank stated.

Jill started to unintentially hum to herself but had no idea the others could hear it. "Wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?"

"That girl seriously can't stop thinking about me." Frank said laughing, "The power of the D man."

Bob didn't hear anything Frank was saying as he just watched Jill, she was so happy and he seemed transfixed just watching her. Frank gently nudged Gerard who shook his head at Bob's trance.

"You'll dribble all over your pants man." Frank whispered as he gently tapped Bob's chin.

Bob's attention turned to Frank, "What am I going to do?"

Frank almost fell over backwards, he couldn't believe that Bob hadn't ripped his head off for making fun of him again.

"Talk to her man, that's all you can do." Gerard said patting him on the back.

"You've got all the opportunity now to do it and she's really easy to talk to." Frank added trying to encourage his friend.

Bob rubbed his head in his hands, "Promise me though, the piss taking will stop."

"You have my word." Frank replied.

The conversation ended as the bus stopped and Jill pulled her earphones out and closed her laptop.

"You like Tenacious D then Jill?" Frank asked.

Jill looked at him slightly taken aback, "I'm sorry did I have it on really loud?"

"No, but your singing gave it away."

Jill wanted the ground to swallow her up, in fact she would have thrown herself under the bus if it was still moving, "Damn it."

"Come on you guys," Gerard shouted, "Nice beds, room service and sleep awaits us."

Jill grabbed her stuff and followed them into the hotel, her face still beaming like a beacon. She noted Gerard upgraded himself to the best room in the hotel and Frank couldn't help but ridicule him. They each swapped room numbers and to Jill's surprise they all wrote their mobile numbers on her card so she could contact them if they needed her. Jill was glad to be on the second floor as she didn't think her tired body could take anymore stairs today. The guys except Gerard were all on the same upper floor with their security around them. They agreed what time they would meet to leave in the morning and then split up to find their rooms.

Jill wasted no time in getting ready for bed and she smiled as she pulled her bed covers closer around her, tomorrow she would be returning to London and Ruth and Justin had promised to try and catch the show later that night. Maybe Ruth would finally get to be within touching distance of Frank, oh dear poor Frank.




I was going to split this chapter but every bit I thought about doing it, it would be leave you all hanging so I didn't but it's now a bit of a mega chapter. I really hope you all like it and thank you so much for rating and reviewing. You guys are brilliant and are my inspiration. I even put in a cute Ray moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story