Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

More Than Words

by neve 10 reviews

At last i've posted - sorry for being so slow. Fire Alarms, Realisations and Misunderstandings

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-06 - Updated: 2008-09-06 - 6709 words - Complete

5Exciting
Chapter Seventeen:

12th November 2008

"What is that?" Jill muttered as she slept, she could hear bells in the distance but everytime she got closer they got further away.

"Wake up Jilly, wake up," a voice whispered to her.

"Mum?"

"Wake up Jilly, wake up,"

"I don't want to,"

"You have to Jilly,"

Jill reluctantly opened her eyes and the noise was even louder, she just lay there trying to figure out what was going on when a loud thumping started at her door.

"Everybody up, fire alarm," a voice shouted through the door.

Jill leapt out of her bed, she grabbed her small rucksack and her jacket and slipped her shoes on. Her heart was thumping as she opened her door and followed the other hotel guests out towards the fire exits. She couldn't smell smoke but didn't want to wait around to find out for sure. The cold air hit them as they finally reached the exits and Jill took in a sharp breath as she pulled her jacket tighter around her. As she stood with the other guests and staff ran through the register she thought about where the guys would be. She wondered if they would be allowed to go on the tour bus or if they would have to stand outside.Jill would laugh if she wasn't so damn cold at the thought of Gerard having to get up at some ungodly hour. She could feel herself shaking as the cold wind bit her legs.


x-----x


"I don't fucking believe this," Gerard moaned as they were forced to stand outside.

"Will you stop moaning," Mikey begged as he looked warily at the group of girls staring and pointing at them.

"I bet it's a false alarm, I bet you," Gerard added as Mikey just shut his eyes with frustration.

Frank stood fully clothed with his hoodie pulled tightly over his head.

"How is it that you're fully dressed?" Gerard asked him.

"That's cause I don't wear pyjammas and I just pulled my clothes on before I left." Frank smugly replied.

"Bastard." Gerard snapped.

"Hey Bob, you're quiet" Ray whispered.

Bob continued to look through the crowd, "I was just wondering if Jill was near us, wouldn't be that great standing around for this length of time on your own."

"I guess not," Ray replied as he turned to Worm, "Hey, is there any chance someone could try and find Jill?"

Worm just looked at Ray, "I suppose Pete could have a quick look."

"Thanks, we'd appreciate it." Ray replied.

The time passed slowly as they stood outside, a few fans bravely approached them for autographs and photo's to which the guys were only too happy to oblige despite the just rolled out of bed look. Mikey was slightly reluctant as he pulled back closer to Worm.

"Look who I found?" Pete said as he stood aside to reveal a pale and frozen looking Jill.

"Hey guys," Jill said lifting her hand in a slight waving gesture.

"Shit Jill, you look cold," Bob replied taking off his beanie hat and putting it on her, he quickly pulled her into a hug and rubbed his hands on her back and down her arms, "Are you okay?"

Jill didn't know quite what to do or what to say, it felt so good to feel warm and even better to be held. "I'm fine honestly, just a bit cold."

Bob led Jill back towards Mikey, "Hey Mikey, do you know if we're any closer to getting back in? Jill's getting sick being out here."

"Worm was saying it was a false alarm and we should get back inside in a few minutes," Mikey replied taking in Jill's appearance and more interestingly Bob holding her so close.

"You alright?" Mikey asked as she sat down beside him with Bob on the other side.

Jill nodded, she felt the energy slip away from her as she continued to shake, she couldn't stop shaking and she so wished she would. The flashing of cameras wasn't helping much either as she slowly closed her eyes.

"Jill, Jill?" Bob asked starting to get worried as he gently lifted her chin to see her face.

Jill opened her eyes, "I'm okay, just so tired."

"Just lean on me then, we should be getting back in soon." Bob whispered.

Jill didn't have the strength to fight it anymore as she let her head drop onto his shoulder and he put his arms around her.

"She needs to get back inside now," Bob said to Mikey.

Mikey nodded and looked at Worm with hope as their good friend rejoined them again, "Right we can go back in now."

"You guys get back up, they're letting you have a 5 minute headstart so there's no problems with any fans, is she okay?" Worm asked pointing at Jill.

"Apart from being tired and frozen," Bob replied.

"I'll make sure she gets back to her room, I need you both to move now." Worm ordered as he moved to take Jill off Bob.

"No way, I'm taking her back." Bob interupted as he pushed Worm's hands away.

"We don't have time for this Bob."

"Fuck that, I want to make sure she's okay." Bob replied.

"Okay, but you'll have to take Pete with you." Worm practically ordered fed up with the whole situation.

"Fine." Bob snapped as he stood up and lifted Jill as if she weighed nothing. Worm signalled for Pete to come over and explained the situation as he watched them re-enter the hotel.

"What's with Bob?" Frank discreetly asked Mikey as they finally got back into the building.

"Don't ask," Mikey replied, "I'll tell you something though he's falling hard, I've never seen him like that before."

Frank just grinned, "I knew it."


x------x


Bob looked at the girl in his arms as he waited for the elevator to reach her floor, she looked so sleepy and sooo......

"Em Bob, we're here." Pete said not quite sure whether to disturb the drummer or not after seeing him snap at Worm earlier.

"Sorry, I was away with it." Bob replied instantly as he refocused on the task in hand.

The doors to the rooms were left open due to the fire alram, "Jill," Bob gently asked.

Jill slowly opened her eyes, "mmm."

"What room are you in?"

Jill felt weird as she became more alert, she was lying down and there was Bob. She could feel him so close to her. Jill finally brought herself back in the moment and froze with horror. He was holding her and even more she was letting him.

"Em, I'm just along there but I can manage, you both better be heading back before the lifts get busy." Jill replied anxiously as she pushed herself away from him.

Bob looked shocked as he let Jill go and he watched acknowledging how fast she had pushed herself away from him.

"Goodnight," Jill waved as she entered her room.

Bob walked back solemnly into the lift that Pete had left open for him.

"I don't get it." Bob whispered as the doors closed.

"Get what?" Pete asked not sure if Bob was really asking a question.

"Nothing." Bob quietly responded as he leant back against the wall.


x------x


Jill threw herself on the bed, she was mad with herself for getting into that situation and she was embarrased. She reached up and switched the light off.

"Great Jill, just brilliant," she chastised herself, "How am I going to face him tomorrow?"

She turned on to her side and noticed something on her pillow, "Bob's hat, here Mr Bryar is your hat," Jill moaned to herself, "and oh yes whilst I return it I will just happen to fall into your lap."

Jill sighed, she wanted to be taken seriously in her job and not be seen as just some girl trying to get off with a rock star. It was just so difficult around him, he just seemed so normal and genuine. Jill felt herself get self-concious about being seen with him in front of others as she worried about what they would think of her. The image of the way he looked at her when she woke up in his arms came into her thoughts. He looked so concerned about her and she walked away from him, he looked hurt.

"Now I'm a bitch," she cried.


x------x


The morning came far too fast as Jill switched off her alarm clock. Justin had made her take one knowing she had to be practically bull-dozed out of her bed in the morning. Jill surprised herself by getting showered, dressed and packed in 45 minutes, Justin would be so proud. As she waited for the elevator she thought about what had happened with Bob earlier and it made her feel awful. She wished she hadn't practically bolted from him and she couldn't get that look he had given her out of her mind. The doors finally tinged and opened to reveal Bob standing there looking just as awkward as she felt.

"Morning," Bob said as he watched her dragging her stuff in.

"Morning," Jill replied noticing he wasn't looking at her.

Jill stood for a moment but could not contain herself any longer in the tense atmosphere, "Bob, I just wanted to let you know that I'm so grateful for what you did last night."

"It was nothing honestly," he replied finally looking directly at her.

"Well, I wanted you to know that I appreciated it and I'm sorry for practically running away from you, I was disorientated and confused and I hope you didn't think I was being rude." Jill tried to explain.

Bob was about to respond when the doors tinged once more and they were both forced to move.

"Jill wait a minute," Bob said reaching out to stop her," Come over here a minute."

Jill followed him over to a small hallway which seemed to lead off to staff rooms.

"I didn't think you were being rude last night, I'm just kind of confused," Bob tried to explain.

Jill smiled at him, "I tend to do that to people, I'm sorry I shouldn't have just run off like that."

Bob stood there trying to read the expressions on her face and it was impossible. He didn't want to make a fool of himself but he also didn't want to have to go through another day with a strained slightly uncomfortable atmosphere.

"I was worried about you last night, from the moment the alarm went off all I could think about was if you were going to be okay." Bob told her trying to read any sort of reaction in her features.

"You were worried about me?" Jill asked gently.

"Yeah," Bob replied starting to feel embarrased," I don't know what that means but I'd like to find out," he paused slightly, "if you would let me."

Jill looked at him in total shock not taking in what he had just said. She could feel her heart pounding as it had when she had quite literally bumped into him at Reading. "Well, um, I," Jill replied unable to put together a coherant sentence.

"I've made an ass of myself haven't i?" Bob immediately responded wishing he had kept his mouth shut.

"Noooo, not at all," Jill replied," What I was trying to say was that I would like to spend more time with you."

Bob grinned," We're not very good at this are we?"

"Not really," Jill laughed picking up her bags again.

"Jill?"

"Yep," she replied turning back to face him.

"I'm glad I finally said something." Bob said seriously.

"Me too," Jill replied, "One day at a time?"

"One day at a time," Bob replied repeating her words and feeling like a huge weight had disappeared from his shoulders.

They both walked together to the bus and Jill felt so happy, the weirdness and embarrassment was all gone. They were on their way to the Brixton Academy and she would be catching up with Ruth and Justin.

Once onboard Jill pulled out her laptop to update her blog and send it to Ruth, she didn't fancy having to face Ruth tonight if she hadn't sent it. Bob sat at the table flicking through the newspapers and comics that were sprawled across the table. Jill would occassionally look up to catch him staring at her and they exchanged quick smiles. It wasn't long before her work was forgotten as they started talking and once they started they just couldn't stop.

Frank looked up as he heard Jill laugh, he watched as Bob reached over and gently pushed Jill's shoulder in jest. He continued to casually strum his guitar and nodded in the direction of Gerard who was drawing to get him to look over at the pair. Gerard glanced over to see Jill pushing Bob back and he raised his eyebrows at Frank. Gerard quietly giggled as he recognised the song Frank had started to play. The chance to make fun of Bob was a rare occurrence and neither could help themselves despite the promise they had made him earlier. Frank began to strum harder as Gerard began to sing, "All you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands and touch me, hold me close don't ever let me go."

Jill glanced nervously over at Gerard as he turned and began to sing it to Frank, "More than words is all I ever needed you to show." Jill then turned her focus to Bob who was looking over his shoulder at them to see them both looking directly as him, raising their eyebrows and signaling towards Jill, "Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me, cos I'd already know." Gerard croned as he placed his arm around Frank.

Bob felt his face turn red, "You guys are freaks," he said throwing a cushion at them.

Frank put down his guitar and jumped on Gerard. Jill looked shocked as they pretended to make out. "They do this all the time," Bob said to her shaking his head, "Just ignore them and they stop, it's a shock thing."

"Okay," Jill replied turning back to her laptop.

"For fuck sake," Mikey screetched as he walked into the living area, "It's bad enough I have to put up with the innuendo between you too but I would rather I didn't have to see it in front of me."

Frank and Gerard burst out laughing and pushed away from each other, "I just can't keep my hands of you Gee," Frank joked brushing Gerard's hair away from his face.

"You're so hot." Gerard replied.

"Shut the fuck up." Mikey shouted placing his hands over his ears which only made the two laugh even harder.

"You know you should have taken a photo of them and posted it on the web that would have shut them the hell up." Bob said to Jill.

"I think our website would crash." Jill smiled back, "But I could make loads of money on it."

"We could split it and spend the rest of our lives on an island away from these nutters." Bob said sitting back in his chair and dreaming.

"Perfect." Jill replied as she closed her laptop and rested back in her chair.


x------x


Once the bus had arrived, the idylic situation disppeared as the band had a hectic afternoon of media commitments. Jill finally had some peace in the madness and she spent the rest of the afternoon working before speaking to the fans that had queued up since the early hours of the morning to get the best place to see the show. Bob had taken the chance between interviews to see if he catch up with her.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to catch up this afternoon properly," he said slightly out of breath.

"It's fine honestly, I didn't think I would see you guys until after the show anyway," Jill replied.

"Are you friends still coming to the show tonight?" Bob asked.

"Yeah they are," Jill replied wondering what he was thinking.

"You should bring them backstage after the show," Bob added, "Frank was mentioning it earlier and it's fine with all the guys."

Jill nodded, "Okay then, thanks Bob."

"No problem, see you later then," Bob said before quickly adding, "Will you be watching us from out front?"

"We will be." Jill responded as she watched him starting to get excited for the show tonight.

"Oh the pressure, I'll have to be good then." He laughed.

"You always are," Jill smiled giving him a quick hug.

"I'm liking this getting to know each other better, I should just stay here." Bob smirked sitting back down.

"No you don't mister," Jill replied pulling him back up again, "I don't want a raging Ray coming in here and giving me a row for keeping you back."

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Bob laughed at Jill who was the same height as Frank ordering him about.

"See you later." Jill replied.


x------x


Jill waited patiently by the auditorium entrance for her two friends. She watched the numerous people coming in to see the show and was sure that she recognised a few from the Bournemouth show. The Brixton Academy had a grand entrance hall with an amazing double stairway leading up to the main auditorium. Jill started to get anxious as she checked her watch and noticed that Ruth and Justin were running late. The bars were doing brisk business along with the merch stands. The crowd started to disperse as the support band came on and most of the fans went into the main hall.

"Hey Jilly,"

Jill turned to see Ruth approaching her and hugging her tightly.

"You two are late,"

"It was the lady's fault," Justin said laughing and pointing at Ruth.

"Hey," Ruth said gently pushing him and then wrapping her arms around him.

Jill watched their interaction and she was so pleased to see them so happy together.

"Do you two want a drink?" Justin asked.

"Noooooo, we have to get in there." Jill told him as she put her arm within Ruth's.

"Come on you," Ruth added grabbing his hand.

"I ain't going in there like some singing in the rain tribute," Justin joked pulling away from them both.

"Jus, get me a t-shirt?" Ruth asked, "plllllleeeeeaaaaaassse."

"Nope, no way,"

"Booooo," Jill replied,"Let's just leave him here to walk in on his own."

"That sounds good." Ruth smirked.

Justin rolled his eyes, "Don't do that and anyone you two always gang up on me."

Jill and Ruth went into the hall with Justin following behind them grumbling away with himself. The anticipation within the auditorium was rising and went through the roof when the lights dimmed much to Justin's disgust and amusement. He could only watch in horror as his girlfriend and his friend morphed into teenagers in front of him. Both were giggling uncontrollably and laughing intensely as they watched the band. Screaming the songs out at the top of their lungs with their arms over each others shoulders it was definitely a night to remember. Both becoming deathly silent as Gerard addressed the crowd with messages of staying true to yourself and not taking anyone's bullshit. By the time Mama started with the crowd filling in nicely for Liza Minelli, Justin was sure he was about to go deaf or blind from the number of camera flashes. Justin smiled as Ruth finally remembered his existence and she wrapped her arms around his chest as the band played cancer only to lose her again when Helena started. He wished he had a video camera with him to mortify them later.

"Right, would you two like me to get you some lemonade before we go home and you're out late for a school night." Justin mocked them as the lights came back on and he was faced with two slightly sweaty but thoroughly gleaming girls.

"Ha, ha very funny," Jill replied, "That was amazing."

"I got to be 14 again," Ruth added smiling like the chesire cat.

"I'm so embarrased." Justin said looking around him.

"Nope, just old," Jill laughed to which Justin just stuck his tongue out at her.

"So you ready to meet them?" Jill whispered to Ruth.

"What?" Ruth replied, "Are you freaking kidding me?"

Jill shook her head, "It was their idea and you'll get to meet Frank."

Justin rolled his eyes, "Please don't encourage her Jill."

"Noo I can't," Ruth stated,"What if I make a fool of myself?"

"Ruth, you've met loads of musicians but yet go all googly knees over Frank Iero," Justin mocked,"What hope do I have?"

"If you want to meet them, then we have to go now because they'll be wanting to get back to their hotel soon," Jill explained.

Ruth stood for a moment contemplating and she looked up at Justin who was getting more impatient as the time passed," Just go, you know you want to."

"Okay," Ruth squeeked,"I love you."

"I know," Justin replied as she hugged him fiercely before running off with Jill. He needed a drink and a strong one as fast as humanly possible.


x------x


Jill knocked on the dressing room door and waited, she couldn't help but laugh as she watched Ruth nervously play with the front of her jacket.

"Hey Jill, come in," Ray said answering the door and then opening it further to let them in.

"You must be Ruth," Ray said shaking her hand.

"Yes," Ruth replied.

Ruth watched as her friend just strode up to Gerard and re-introduced him to her. This was the same girl who not that long ago had been sobbing in front of her about working with the group again and now she looked so relaxed with them.

"Hey, it's Drew Barrymore." Gerard said as Ruth stood there awkwardly.

"Gerard, is Frank around?" Jill asked as she couldn't see Frank.

"He was here a minute ago but he's probably been stopped by a fan somewhere and you know Frank he just has to have at least a 30 minute conversation with everyone he meets." Gerard replied.

Jill turned to her friend and mouthed a silent sorry to her. Mikey eventually appeared and informed Jill that Bob would be around in a minute. Ruth had now met all the bandmembers bar Frank and she resigned herself to the fact it was just not mean't to be. However she was beside herself when Bob eventually appeared and made a beeline for Jill. Something had definitely changed since she had watched him with Jill in the bedroom at her flat. They laughed so freely with each other and oh yes there was touching going on between them. Oh so subtle but Ruth noticed it was definitely there. She couldn't help but smile as she noticed how content Jill looked.

"So, who are you?" a voice asked as Ruth felt an arm go round her shoulder and a face rest on her shoulder.

Jill attention was soon diverted back to Ruth as her friend gave out a shriek and proceeded to turn bright red. The ever so cool Ruth was now embarrased to the core.

"What did you do to her dude?" Ray asked as he laughed out loud.

"I swear I did nothing." Frank replied looking with concern at Ruth,"I'm really sorry if I gave you a fright?"

"No problem," Ruth said in a tone slightly higher than usual.

"Hey Frank, this is my good friend Ruth." Jill informed him.

"Nice to finally meet you," Frank said giving Ruth a hug to which she could only giggle.

Bob looked at Jill with a quizzical look,

"Oh she has a bit of a crush on Frank," Jill whispered to him, "Ruth goes out with my friend Justin."

"Riiiiggggghhhtttt," Bob replied as they watched Ruth still hugging Frank.

"I think I better go rescue Frank." Jill added,"Hold on I should get some photo's if you guys are okay with that."

"Sure," they all replied as Ruth beamed in amongst them all.

Jill quickly snapped a few shots and then set the camera up for an automatic shot so they could all squeeze into it. She looked at her friend, "Had a good night then?"

"Yep but I better get back to Jus before he leaves me completely." Ruth replied as they moved away to the door.

"Okay, I miss you." Jill said hugging her.

"It's only been a few days," Ruth remarked.

"I know but I'm used to just speaking to you at any point." Jill explained suddenly feeling a bit teary.

"What are you like?" Ruth replied,"And anyway you can call me at any time about anything and I mean that."

"I know," Jill added before looking back in the direction of Ruth's eyeline, "Stop staring at his ass."

Ruth looked up at her slightly shocked,"I wasn't."

Jill just stared at her with a knowing look.

"Okay but I just want to touch it, it's like a peach and I never realised he was so small, you could just put him under your arm and take him home." Ruth replied laughing.

"Oh my god, get out now." Jill said unable to control her laughter as she walked back out the room.

Jill walked Ruth through the backstage area towards the bar where they left Justin.

"So what's with you and Bob?" Ruth asked.

Jill stopped and looked at her friend, "There is no me and Bob,"

"Okay," Ruth replied not wishing to push her anymore.

"We get on well though and he's so easy to talk to and boy he can make me laugh." Jill added.

Ruth just smiled to herself and hoped that Jill wasn't about to drop herself into something she might regret. "Well you take care of yourself honey and me and old Jus here will see you next week when you finally make it home."

"See you both later," Jill replied as they both hugged her.

They watched as Jill disappeared back into the backstage area turning and waving to them every 5 steps or so.

"You ready to go home now," Justin asked.

"Absolutely," Ruth replied.

"Jill seems to be doing well and she's really happy, I was so worried about her." Justin explained.

"She is happy," Ruth replied,"She's beaming."

"Eh?" Justin asked not understanding what she was talking about.

"You should have seen the interaction between her and Bob, I tell you they're both totally smitten."

"No," Justin replied surprised by her comments but then recalling the first time Jill and Bob had met all those months ago at the aftershow party. He suspected Bob had been checking her out but put it down to a rockstar with too much beer and one thought on his mind. Not that he was surprised that Bob would be attracted to Jill, she was pretty despite never believing it herself but she was vulnerable.

"Yep and I'm pleased for her, she's so happy." Ruth replied.

"Me too," Justin responded pulling Ruth close to him as they went outside.


x-----x


The journey back to the hotel had been a quiet one as they all retreated to different corners of the bus to make phonecalls back home. Bob sat with Jill as they idly flicked through the tv channels. Bob almost leapt on to his feet as he found an episode of Mr Bean.

"I love this," Bob said as he settled back in the couch, "Do you like it?"

"I prefer Blackadder but Mr Bean is funny if not somewhat annoying." Jill replied.

"Sacrilege Jill," Bob retorted as he focused on the tv and started laughing. Not just the normal laugh but full on belly aching laughs. Jill couldn't help but laugh along, she didn't even have to watch the tv because Bob's laugh was so infectious.

"Watch this bit Jill, it cracks me up everytime." Bob said pointing at it with the enthusiasm of a child discovering something for the first time. Bob watched her waiting for her to laugh.

"I told you, Mr Bean rocks." Bob almost yelled as Jill laughed out loud.

"My sides hurt," Jill said hugging herself,"You make me laugh more than he does."

"The power of the Bean," Bob replied putting his arm around her and pulling her in for a side hug.

They pulled away from each other as the others slowly drifted back into the room and the bus finally reached the hotel on the outskirts of the city. They each grabbed their overnight bags and walked towards their hotel. Bob insisted on carrying Jill's main bag despite her vigorous protests and he was pleased that Frank hadn't got their first. They all checked in and hastily made plans to possibly meet downstairs for something to eat instead of just going straight to bed. Jill was once again on a completely different floor and in a more modest hotel room but she didn't care as long as there was a bed in it. Bob helped Jill with her bag despite more protests from her. She found it so easy to talk to him and it was almost as if she had finally broken through his defensive barrier as he chatted about his family and living in Chicago.

Jill sat on her bed in the hotel room with her ever faithful laptop on her knees. She clicked on her e-mail icon and waited for her messages to download. She smiled as she saw a new message from Justin, one from her Dad and her boss plus lots of the usual random junk mail. Justin informed her that he was not looking forward to bringing Ruth to the gig but he was trying to contain her the best he could. Her Dad was missing her like crazy and lectured her on the dangers of travelling with men, making sure she was eating and telling her to phone at least every two days so he wouldn't worry himself sick. "Oh Dad," Jill smiled as she quickly replied to let him know she was okay and was being taken care of. Jill decided to get back to Justin later as his e-mail would take serious time and she wanted to send both him and Ruth copies of the photo's. Jill clicked on her other e-mails and was proved right that most were rubbish "Why would I want Viagra?" she sighed to herself. "Why the hell would I want to see Britney naked?".

Wishing she cleaned her e-mails out more often she drawled through them. Her e-mail address appeared on every item that she had done in the magazine and it generated a lot of extra mail. "Wait what was that?" she said outloud as she noticed a picture. Clicking on the e-mail she scrolled down to see a photo of Bob which must have been taken at Bournemouth. "Oh that's a good one," Jill commented and then noticed another photo taken outside the hotel in London which showed her being held by him and someone had written ugly whore on the photo and placed a huge cross through her . Jill suddenly felt sick and she bolted towards the toilet. Once the heaving had finally stopped she sat back leaning her head against the cold tiled wall. "Fuck." Jill said slamming her fists against the ground as the tears silently ran down her face. "Why am I letting this bother me?"

The sound of a knock on the door brought Jill back to reality, she grabbed the wash basin and pulled herself up. She ran the cold water tap and sighed as she looked at her reflection. Jill quickly threw water on her face. Another knock on the door forced her to move and she took a deep breath as she went to open the door. Opening the door she smiled as she saw Ray standing there. "Hey Ray".

"We were gonna go down for something to eat and we thought you might like to come with us, Ray said as Jill motioned for him to come inside, "Although Gerard has insisted," Ray suddenly stopped as he took a good look at her, "What's wrong Jill? you've been crying" he asked as he reached over and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Oh nothing, I'm fine."

"I know I don't know you that well but clearly something has upset you."

Jill struggled to maintain her composure in front of him when he was being so nice to her, "I'm okay really just overacting about an e-mail someone sent me."

"Did you get some bad news?"

"Kind of, if you can say being called an ugly whore in an e-mail as bad news. I guess it kind of is." Jill said smiling as the absurdity of it hit her, "My e-mail is put at the bottom on anything I write in the magazine, I should really set a personal one up."

"Let me see it." Ray asked motioning towards her laptop.

"It's fine really." Jill said as Ray spun her laptop round so he could read it.

"Now you're definitely coming with us," Ray almost ordered. "Don't let this get to you, you should see some of the stuff they write about me. I think the last time I looked they were discussing my level of ugliness."

"They must be blind," Jill said.

Ray nodded aware that both of them let this stuff get to them but not wanting to fully admit it, "To dinner we must go."

"Okay," Jill replied smiling as Ray hugged her, "What was it you were going to say about Gerard?"

"Oh, he said to come along but you have to keep your pen and paper in the room."

"He really doesn't trust me does he?"

"He's just a bit paranoid at the moment but he does like you Jill." Ray said trying to reassure her, "I'll come back down for you in 10 minutes, Gerard is doing his hair so it may take a while"

Jill nodded, "Ray,"

"Yeah" he replied looking back as he opened the door.

"Don't say anything to anyone."

"You just get ready and stop worrying about everything." Ray said giving her a huge hug.

Jill nodded and closed the door behind him, she didn't feel much like leaving her room tonight. It was funny how one day could have so many ups and downs. She scrapped her hair into a ponytail despite half of it falling back into her face and pulled on her black hoodie. She grabbed her room card and slipped her shoes on. Jill jumped as someone knocked on her door, she nervously opened it and then smiled as she saw Frank, "Hey Frank."

"You ready, we finally managed to get Gerard out of his room," Frank told her.

"Let's go," Jill replied closing her door behind her.

"Shouldn't you have security with you?" Jill asked surprised to see Frank on his own.

Frank looked around, "Technically yes but I move too fast for them and I'm sure we could take on anything between us."

Jill laughed, "That's right I forget we're 5ft 4 superheroes in disguise."

"You better believe it," Frank replied laughing back at her as he pushed the stairwell door open. "Are you okay Jill, you seem a bit down tonight?"

"I'm fine, just a bit tired." Jill explained, "I think I'll just eat something and then hit my bed."

"Me too," Frank replied,"At least we don't have to leave for Liverpool until a bit later tomorrow."

Jill followed Frank towards the restaurant which was deserted except for their crowd.

"Frank, don't go running off like that again," Worm said, "I'm not chasing your ass round this hotel."

"Okay," Frank replied winking at Jill as he sat down opposite her.

The hotel had kindly left their kitchen open to accommodate them and the table was quickly full of food and the sound of clattering cutlery. Jill had ordered a sandwich but had barely touched it as her mind raced back to the e-mails she had received. She had received plenty of e-mails slagging her off in the past which was pretty typical working for a music magazine but it had never been anything so personal and well vindictive. It had left her with a permanent feeling of needing to be sick and she was battling to keep the tears away from her face. Unknown to her, Bob had been watching her picking at her food. She seemed so distant and quiet. Ray had told him what had happened earlier but he hadn't realised how much it would have affected her until now.

"I'm off to my bed, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open," Jill said pushing her chair back and rising from the table.

"Sleep well Jill," Frank said instantly coming round the table and giving her a hug, "Us superheroes have to get our rest."

Frank was always so nice to her as if they had been friends for a long time, "Night Frank,"

"Now you make us look bad Frank," Gerard said pushing Frank out of the way and hugging Jill, "Night Jill."

Jill stood there as she was soon hugged by them all including the crew and she looked at Frank as he laughed away to himself.

"I'm going to make sure Jill gets to her room okay," Bob whispered to Worm.

"Fine it should be quiet but you phone me if there are any problems," Worm replied in a tone that Bob knew instantly he wasn't joking.

"Night guys," Bob said as he went to catch up with Jill.

"Where you going?" Frank asked, "You want a hug too?"

"Fuck off." Bob replied as he left the restaurant and spotted Jill going up the stairwell.

"Jill, wait up,"

Jill turned around and was surprised to see him coming up the stairs towards her.

"Ray told me what happened earlier," he said as he eventually reached her.

"He promised me he wouldn't," Jill replied looking at the ground.

"I'm glad he did," Bob told her,"You know to just ignore this Jill."

Jill sighed battling the tears that threatened to fall and wishing she didn't have the capacity to cry at virtually anything, "I didn't want to bother anyone with this."

"Will you stop, you're not bothering anyone and it's just a load of bullshit." Bob said trying to reassure her.

Jill looked up at him and her eyes were full of tears, "I was just a bit shocked, I'm not a bad person."

"I know you're not," Bob replied pulling her towards him and enveloping her in a hug, "It's one of those things that happen and it's shit and I know it's hard to ignore but you really have to."

Jill muttered something back as she tried to dry her eyes, "You must think I'm pathetic."

Bob pulled back and looked at her, "I think you're one of the most kind, funny and caring people I have ever met."

Jill let her head rest back onto his chest as he continued to hold her and gently rub her back.

"You okay?" he whispered.

Jill moved away from him and nodded before looking up at him, "Thank you."

He reached out his hand and Jill tentatively placed hers within his grasp as he walked with her towards the room. She slipped the card into the door and turned towards him, "Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight Jill," he replied softly as he kissed her on the forehead.

Jill was so tired as she watched him walk back towards the lifts and smiled at him as he turned to look at her.

"Goodnight," Bob replied as the elevator doors opened in front of him.

"Night," Jill replied closing her door as he disappeared from view.




Thank you so much for your fab reviews and for taking the time to rate my story. Sorry it has taken me so long to post another chapter but I hope this makes amends. Keeping my fingers crossed that you like it and I would love it so much if you took a moment to rate/review as it keeps me going.
Sign up to rate and review this story