Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

It Only Takes One Moment To Change Your Life

by neve 13 reviews

On the road to Liverpool and there's just something that Bob wants to do before they get there. Ranting Gerard, Embarrased Mikey, Wise Ray, and Frank meets his match.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-08 - Updated: 2008-09-08 - 3257 words - Complete

5Moving
Chapter Eighteen: It Only Takes One Moment To Change Your Life

13th November 2006


Jill sat at the table with a huge mug of coffee and a bundle of newspapers that had been dumped by the bus driver. The guys had all gone straight to their bunks as soon as they boarded the bus from the hotel, Gerard hadn't even bothered to change out of his pyjammas and he looked so cute with his sleepy face and hair all over the place. Bob had offered to stay up to keep Jill company but he looked so tired so he lost that battle. The bus was 2 hours into its journey to Liverpool and Jill had read the papers and had moved on to the numerous comics scattered all over the place. She looked up as she heard the familiar sound of curtains being drawn and feet hitting the ground. Gerard eventually appeared fully dressed with a sleepy Frank behind him. They both walked trance like towards the kitchen as Gerard poured them some coffee and then daundered into the living area to sit with Jill. Gerard picked up the Guardian newspaper and skimmed through it before focusing on the gig reviews.

"You really don't want to read it." Jill whispered trying to take the paper from him.

"Let me see it can't be that bad." Gerard replied pulling it back.

Jill watched as he scanned the page, his expression changing from curiosity to resignation and then almost downright fury. He tutted as he read it and leaned back rolling his eyes.

"Why can't anyone write stuff about us without mentioning the phrase dangerous teen cult or emo, it fucking pisses me off," Gerard moaned, "Emo does not promote self-harm, why can't these fucks do their research."

Frank grabbed the paper from him and started to read it, "morbidly neurotic on record but perversely life-affirming on stage,"

Jill sat wishing she had just burned the paper once she was finished with it.

"A stompier McFly!" Frank shouted not knowing whether to laugh or lose it altogether, "Fucking hell, oh wait Gee she calls you a platinum-haired pottymouth, that's kinda funny."

"Read on Frank, it just gets better." Gerard instructed him.

"Ohhhh a man at whom the lust-vibes were directed," Frank continued laughing, "was deeply uncharismatic." Frank stopped laughing,"That was harsh."

"Don't listen to her Gerard, the fans get what you guys are all about," Jill added trying to reassure him,"She just doesn't get it."

Gerard just nodded.

"Look Gee she ends with at least they stand for something. And better a Chemical Romance than a Westlife one. Westlife, who the fuck are they?" Frank asked turning his attention to Jill.

Jill took a deep breath, "They're, how can I put this, a very bland boy-band, they don't play any instruments kinda like Backstreet Boys but without the talent and that's saying something."

"Fuck the journalist," Gerard snapped, "I'm tired of battling the same arguments."

"I know Gee," Frank said sitting beside him, "You need to stop taking everything so personal."

Gerard nodded, "I know but it's so hard when something means so much."

"You don't think of us as some sort of death cult leaders that make our fans want to kill themselves." Gerard asked Jill.

"No I don't,"Jill reassured him, "It's lazy journalism at it's worst, she put in some good stuff there but there will always be the perpetual need from the media to put you guys down, They don't like someone getting too big. Anyway I always thought of you guys as just five kinda dorky dudes."

"Hey," Frank replied pretending to be offended.

Gerard started to smile once again, "We are dorky though."

"I suppose, group hug?" Frank asked Gerard.

"Always," Gerard responded, "You too Jill."

When Jill didn't move, Frank leaned over and pulled her from her chair. Jill started to laugh as Frank and Gerard enveloped her in a hug.

"Not again," Mikey said as he came through the door, "Now you've got Jill involved in your sick games."

"Mikey, save me." Jill yelled.

"You know there are some girls who would love this." Frank said.

"She doesn't appreciate us and our loving." Gerard added.

"Mikey please." Jill repeated trying to reach out to the other Way brother.

"Right you two, get off Jill." Mikey said grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

"I just don't understand it, how can you not like the Frerard sandwich?" Frank asked as Gerard starting laughing like a girl.

"What the hell is a Frerard?" Jill asked then wondering if she really wanted to know.

"You really don't want to know." Mikey added pulling a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Well," Frank started,"Some of our fans like to picture me and Gee as lovers."

Jill looked at them both and then burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Frank asked,"It's both our names put together."

"You mean like Bennifer." Jill replied wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Now she's just mocking me." Frank stated to Gerard.

"I think we should go and tell Bob that Jill's misbehaving again and he has to come and sort her out."

Jill stopped laughing and suddenly felt her face burning.

"Is that Jill getting all embarrased at the mere mention of Bob, oh my" Gerard said nudging Frank's shoulder.

"I believe it is, why do you think that could be?" Frank replied as he noticed she started to fidgit.

"You guys are obsessed and have filthy minds." Jill retorted wishing the bus would stop so she could escape.

"Gee, leave her alone," Mikey said as he sat down beside them, "Plus you need to phone Mom before she starts to think your dead again."

"Jeez Mikes, I'll do it now," Gerard whined as he stood up, "It's something when even my brother starts to nag me. I've just been speaking to E for hours."

"Bet that was exhilarating for him," Frank muttered to Mikey when Gerard left the room to which Mikey just rolled his eyes, "I don't understand why he doesn't just see the light."

Mikey nodded, "He's my brother and i just want to see him happy."

"I know, I'm sorry," Frank replied not wanting to make Mikey uncomfortable," I just really can't warm to her at all."

Jill focused on the newspaper in front of her trying to avoid listening to the conversation but finding it very difficult not to.

"Believe it or not Frank I do understand but it's best Gerard comes to the conclusion, the more you push something with him, the more stubborn he gets. He will see it eventually, hopefully." Mikey said looking over to Jill, "You won't write about this will you Jill?"

Jill looked up at him, "What? Write about what?"

Mikey moved uncomfortably in his chair, "Me and Frank's conversation, I sometimes forget you're doing a thing on us."

Jill could see the worry in his face, "I told you guys, I'm not interested in the personal stuff and anyway you can read what I'm doing before it goes online or in print."

"You don't have to worry Mikey, I trust Jill and anyway I'm Italian, if she puts a foot wrong she'll be swimming with the fishes," Frank said firmly and watched as Jill looked shocked. And then he started to laugh.

"You forget Iero that I'm Scottish and they don't come much fiercer than us." Jill retorted putting her fists up to which Frank just laughed.

"Yeah and I'm part Scottish so I would have to be on Jill's side," Mikey added moving his chair in line with Jill.

"Traitor," Frank replied, "You're a fellow American."

Mikey smiled and instantly replied, "Anyway, Jill's much prettier than you and I don't fancy having to deal with Bob when you flatten his girl."

"What?" Jill practically spat due to the shock.

Frank looked at Mikey and noticed that he looked horrified, "I mean't, I didn't mean oh fuck it." Mikey responded.

"So what you guys up to?" Bob asked as he entered the room to see the three of them look up at him with the guiltiest looks on their faces.

"Em nothing, nothing at all." Mikey responded as he shot out of his chair, "I'm just going to phone Alicia."

"Did you not just phone her dude?" Frank replied.

Mikey shot him a death stare, "Yeah but I was to phone her back." He replied as he quickly disappeared from the room.

"Anyone want a coffee?" Bob asked as he poured himself one.

"No I'm fine," Frank responded.

Jill squirmed slightly feeling mortified that she now knew the other guys had obviously been talking about her and Bob.

"Jill?" Bob asked.

"No, I'm fine." Jill replied.

Bob looked over at her and noticed she seemed hesitant to look at him. He picked up his mug of coffee and walked over to the table. Frank was loving it, the tension in the room was so apparent and his curiosity was getting the better of him as he watched Bob trying to make conversation with Jill.

"Is it hot in here?" Jill casually said as she pulled at her t-shirt and looked at the bus windows.

"Not really," Frank responded trying to contain his laughter.

"Do you want the air conditioning on?" Bob asked.

Jill stood up and moved away from the table as she tried to find her bag, "It just feels a bit hot."

Bob watched her as she pulled things out of her bag. Her face all scruntched up and her cheeks flushed like she was annoyed about something. He wanted so much to just hold her and ease away whatever was troubling her. His stomach flipped as he saw her stop for a moment and pout, he had no idea why she suddenly had this power over him for doing something so simple and unintentional. Bob could feel Frank looking at him and then Jill. He knew what he wanted to do, what he so needed to do but first Frank needed to move.

Frank so wanted to respond in his usual manner but something stopped him. He suddenly felt guilty for being there as if he was spoiling something and he noticed Bob pleading with his eyes. Frank hesitated for a moment not quite sure what Bob was asking him to do. Jill continued to rummage around her bag on the floor and Bob tilted his head towards the door. Frank nodded, "Well I think we must be close to Liverpool so I'm just gonna check that Ray has ahem fixed his guitar right." He said as he walked back to the bunk area.

Bob watched as the girl before him continued to be very interested in the bag at her feet. She wouldn't look at him when he stood up and moved towards her, "You know I'm sure this bag once belonged to Mary Poppins, the junk in here is never ending and it's got everything in it bar the kitchen sink." Jill said laughing but still refusing to look at him. Bob was nervous but yet amused as he watched her speaking non-stop, the faster she talked the more her Scottish accent kicked in and he was struggling to catch the words.

"Jill," he asked.

Jill ignored him as she continued to witter on about having to contact her editor to give him an update on how she was doing.

"Jill," he asked again with a bit more force.

"Yep," Jill replied still not looking up at him.

"I need you to stand up for a moment," Bob asked holding out his hand to her.

Jill looked at his hand and then gingerly up to his face. Bob swallowed hard as he felt his heart skip a beat. Jill was flustered more than he had ever seen her before, her cheeks reddened as she looked at him and she slowly placed her hand within his. Jill was finally standing in front of him and the silence in the room threatened to overwhelm them both.


x-----x


"Frank, what are you doing?"

Frank's head suddenly snapped round to see Gerard standing behind him.

"Shh Gee, Bob and Jill are in there and I think we might get some.."

"What the fuck Frank?" Gerard said pulling the shorter man away from the door, "I always knew you were a perv but come on."

Frank started to laugh as he rubbed the shoulder that Gerard had pulled back, "They're not getting down and dirty but I think our Bob might actually kiss the girl."

"Is this like junior school or something?" Ray said startling the two men.

Gerard pointed at Frank, "Ask him, he's the one spying on Bob."

Ray stood in the front of them with a well recognised look on his face and Gerard and Frank both knew straight away that their work here was finished. Ray ushered them both away from the door and towards the other end of the bus.


x------x


Bob looked at the girl before him and Jill noticed his expression become more intense. Jill swallowed hard and laughed nervously as he reached over and gently stroked the hair away from her face. The faint sound of a mobile startled them both and Bob sighed as Jill stepped back and looked towards her bag.

"That'll probably be my editor." Jill muttered as she once again began to rummage around her bag.

"Jill," Bob said softly with a slight hint of frustration in his voice. Jill looked up to see him standing beside her. "Fuck the phone." He said as he pulled her up to her feet. Bob cautiously touched the side of her face and smiled as Jill's eyes flickered. He slowly moved his hand behind her neck and Jill closed her eyes for a moment as she felt electric shivers run down her back. It was at that moment that he brought his face to hers and tentatively kissed her. Bob sighed slightly as he felt her hands trace up his back. The first hesitant kisses were soon replaced by anxious more insistent ones as their bodies leaned against each other each taking unworded encouragement from the others responses. Eventually, they both pulled away from each other when the need to breath became a reality and laughed nervously as they shyly struggled to control their breathing. Jill rested her head against his chest as he once again pulled her close. Jill felt surprised but happy, it had been such a long time since she had felt like she did right at this very moment. Her barriers were still up but she'd let them slide a little. She wanted to enjoy this split second of time before it no doubt would change all over again. The sound of voices coming towards the door surprised them both and Bob found himself falling back on to the seat as he realised Jill had pushed him away. His confusion was slightly abated as his attention was brought back to her crouched by her bag and looking at him with the warmest expression on her face.

"Any of you guys seen my phone?" Mikey asked as he wondered into the room, "I can't find the bastard thing anywhere and Alicia is going to think I'm ignoring her."

Jill paused for a moment, "Mikey I think I saw a phone on the table there."

Mikey rushed over to the table and picked up the phone which was hidden under the junk that had accumulated on the table, "Thanks Jill." He replied switching it on and sitting on the nearest chair. "So what you guys up to?"

"Nothing." They both immediately responded which resulted in Mikey looking at them both.

"Okay," he replied looking from Jill to Bob and back again, "Maybe I should go phone Alicia."

Jill cringed she didn't want anyone to think something was going on and now Mikey, why oh why did he have to look at her in that way which suggested that he knew exactly what was going on.

"You don't have to leave the room." Jill said trying to keep her face expressionless.

"It's okay." Mikey replied as he left the room and closed the door.

Bob looked at Jill, "Why are you so on edge?"

"I don't know, I suppose it's the thought of what people will say." Jill replied, "the opinions they will have of me."

"Who cares what people think," Bob said taking her in his arms again, "all that matters is what we think." He added before he brought his lips to hers again.


x------x


"Mikey did you go in there?" Frank asked as Mikey joined them at the back of the bus.

"I had to get my phone." Mikey replied looking at Frank for a brief moment before he started to text again.

Frank felt frustrated, "And?"

"And what?" Mikey asked knowing full well what he was after.

"Don't make me beat it out of you." Frank asked.

Mikey looked at Frank, "I'd like to see you try."


x------x


"Are you okay?" Bob asked gently as he looked down at the girl wrapped in his arms.

Jill looked back up at him and nodded. He knew something was bothering her but he decided to let it go for now.

"I better go and get my stuff together since we're in Liverpool," Jill said pulling away from him.

"We are?" Bob replied half excited and half wishing the journey didn't have to end.

"Yep" Jill confirmed putting the bits and pieces back into her bag. She lightly touched his hand as she passed and he smiled at her as she walked back to the bunk area.


"Whoa," Frank shouted leaping in front of her causing Jill to jump back.

"Is someone naked in here again?" Jill asked covering her eyes.

"No, but do you want them to be?" Frank asked cheekily.

"Right then Iero, get them off." Jill instructed standing in front of him and eyeing him up and down.

Frank gulped and quickly went red, "Well em I, what? You want," he stuttered much to Ray and Gerard's amusement as they quickly pulled their curtains back to see what was going on.

"Yeah Frank, get them off," Gerard shouted.

"I'm waiting Iero." Jill commanded trying so hard not to laugh.

Frank stood for a moment and then pointed at her, "I'm telling Bob on you and just you wait til I tell Jamia."

"That's right Frank, you hide behind your girl." Ray added laughing out loud.

Frank quickly jumped into his bunk and shut the curtain as the rest all shrieked with laughter. He re-opened the curtains, "That's right you all laugh at me but you just wait, no-one crosses an Iero and gets away with it" Frank said as he huffily shut them again and more laughter was heard.

"That was brilliant Jill, about time someone got him to shut up." Ray said laughing.

"You just wait Toro," Frank mumbled.




Hi guys, thank you so much for reviewing my last post. I'm really overwhelmed and just hope I can live up to expectations. I was trying to do a chapter for each stop of the tour but so far I've done 7 pages and there not even off the bus - ha ha. Anyway I hope you like this one, fingers and toes crossed.

I feel bad asking but I would love it, if you could review/rate because it just lets me know I've not screwed up. You guys are the best.
Sign up to rate and review this story