Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Truly Lost

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Madison and Bob evaluate their feelings for each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-08-31 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1237 words - Complete

0Unrated
“I didn’t see a gun to your head as you walked down the aisle, as a matter of fact you made sure you were all smiles as you walked by me. And that smile was a genuine as they come. So don’ t even try to say it was fake,” he said to me in my face.

“It wasn’t,” I replied. “But it was there because you were there.”

“Please Madison, spare me. I read your note you made it perfectly clear what you wanted, and it was everything Mark offered. I promised your father I would stop the wedding if I for a moment thought you were unhappy.”

“You what?” I asked in total shock. “You were going to stop my wedding?”

“Yeah but you looked so happy, so I didn’t. It really doesn’t matter does it? You got married and I’m happily married with a child.”

“About that,” I almost blurted out the truth.

“What?”

“I’m glad you’re happy,” I cowered.

The rest of the ride to the apartment was quiet. I parked the Delta 88 on the street and Bob and I were greeted by the concierge. Bob had sunglasses on and his hoodie up so he wouldn’t be recognized. We took the elevator to the twenty-third floor and I opened the door. I had only been here a few times earlier, all of them with Mark.

“There are five bedrooms take your pick,” I said. It was then that I realized he didn’t have a bag. Not only that, he was wearing the same clothes I last saw him in.

“Bob, do you have anything else to wear?” I asked.

“Not really, Mikey and Ray tried to lend me there clothes but they were way too tight.”

“Try some of my father’s stuff you’re probably close to the same size.”

“It won’t be too painful to see me in your father’s clothes?”

“No.”

“Which bedroom?” he asked.

“I imagine the biggest one.” I said sarcastically. I went out to the terrace and looked over the city. I really loved this one more than that stuffy co-op a few streets down. The views were breathtaking. I walked around to look at all the perspectives the terrace had to offer including the one of Central Park.

Why was I so upset isn’t this what I wanted for him to be happy and safe. I was startled when I heard his voice, “Thanks.”

I looked at him in my dad’s pajamas and turned away. It was like the two men I love most in the world wrapped up in one. “You look cute in them.”

“I wasn’t just talking about the pajamas. For letting me come.” Our eyes met and for a moment I thought I felt something but he turned away,

“No problem. We just have to be careful.”

“What’s your plan?” he asked.

“Elisabeth’s graduation.”

“That’s your brilliant plan to clear my name?” he said way too sarcastic for my taste.

I walked over to a computer bag. “This is Mark’s laptop that he took everywhere. This is the laptop that I saw you in the live camera feed. I need to get into it, it may have a clue. Derek is supposed be some kind of whiz at it so hence I go to him and they just happen to be graduating this weekend. See I do have a plan.”

“Okay I just thought it would be nice to know.”

“I’m going to bed, I’ve had a really long day. You can sleep in my father’s bed if you want.”

“That just seems weird. I’ll just take a guest room,” he said as he gave a week smile.

He left me to my thoughts. I wonder if he knew that my thoughts were about him. It probably didn’t matter because he was happy with his wife and son how could I ever destroy that? I’m going to put my feelings aside and find his killer and then let him go back to his happy little life and who knows maybe I’ll find love again somewhere.

I changed into boxer shorts and a tank top and went to sleep in the other guest room. I couldn’t sleep in my room. The last time I was there was with Mark and it just disgusted me.

I woke up the next day and looked at the alarm clock it was twelve thirty. I could smell something delicious coming from the kitchen. I went out there and Bob had made us omelets. By the looks of it he had already eaten his. I looked around for him and saw him in the library staring at the computer with a tear in his eye. I went around to see what he was staring at. It was images of a baby pulling himself up to stand using the coffee table when the baby looked at the camera I could see it was Bobby.

“Ali puts these videos up every day so I can see him. I miss him so fucking much.”

I put my arms around his shoulders and gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek. “You’ll be going home to him soon.”

He twitched his shoulders and I let go. He obviously didn’t like me touching him. There was a time when all he wanted was my touch and he couldn’t live without it. Times change I guess, and it’ killing me inside.

Bob’s POV

I watched as she walked out the door. I wish I could fucking take back what just transpired but what good would it do? I just don’t love her like I did. She chose Mark when she chose not to tell me why he forced her to marry him. She should have come to me, we would have worked it out. But obviously she didn’t believe in us as much as I did and it fucking kills me to hear that. I wish it was her own decision like she previously said, it definitely would have been easier to swallow. But no she lied to me twice, first the reason why she broke up with me and secondly the reason she accepted Mark’s proposal. When she told me Mark forced her I knew I could never really love her like that again. I know I promised to protective and love her, but I made vows to another. And now that’s where my heart lies with my wife and my son.

I went and looked at the monitor and clicked on another video Ali put on You Tube just for me. How could I ever think of not spending the rest of my life with her?

Madison’s POV

I walked out to the terrace and overlooking Central Park and remembered another terrace overlooking another park in another city. It was the first time we made love. I came out here because I didn’t want him to see how weak I was. I knew he won’t follow me here. I stared at the young lovers holding hands as they entered the park I knew that would never be me and Bob because I now realize for the very first time I truly lost him.
Sign up to rate and review this story