Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Why Maddie?

by Moonshyne 5 reviews

Elisabeth and Madison have a heart to heart while Bob sees something he's not meant to.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-09-02 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 1920 words - Complete

0Unrated
We left the apartment around two o’clock for the over four hour ride to Andover. Bob insisted that he drive, did I look that bad? I promised that we would go shopping when we got there so he could have clothes that he felt more comfortable with.

I called Elisabeth ahead of time to let her know I was coming and that I had a surprise for her. I don’t know if the police are listening into my conversations but it’s was better to be careful. They knew I was coming here I made sure of that. However, Bob wasn’t in that original plan. I was hoping he was miles away in some sunny location not next to me.

The ride to Andover was quiet except for the sound of cd player and the hum of the motor. I left the Delta 88 on the street where I found it, stupid New Yorker didn’t even know it was missing. We were now riding in my father’s Maybach, I guess it’s now mine or Elisabeth’s. It doesn’t matter after we break into that computer and find some clues I’m leaving it behind with Elisabeth.

We arrived at the hotel where I checked in as Madison Trenton. I asked if I could have an upgrade to a two bedroom suite. Because there were side entrances it was easy to sneak Bob up. I dumped my bags in one bedroom while he took the other.

“I’m meeting the girls and Derek in a half hour to get something to eat then we’ll be back. Do you want me to get anything for you, or you can order room service.”

I met up with Elisabeth, Derek and Natasha at Grassfield’s and after we ate we went to Bob’s favorite store, Walmart, and got him some clothes. I couldn’t believe I got him a whole wardrobe for what I normally spend for a shirt.

We went back to the hotel and I couldn’t find him so I checked his room and there he was fast asleep. I can’t even imagine how hard it’s been on him. I place the bags quietly near the closet and tip toed as not to disturb him. I went back to the living area and offered to get room service for everyone.

“So where’s this computer you want me to hack into?”

I went to the case and took it out.

“Here you go. I tried the obvious passwords and nothing worked.”

“Don’t worry I have a program that will get me through, it might take a while, depends on how much protection he has,” Derek said as he gave a weak smile.

“Why don’t we start a list of suspects,” said Elisabeth.

“What do you want me to do?” asked Natasha.

“You’re a film major right?” I asked.

“Yeah behind the scenes like editing and stuff.”

“Perfect,” I said. “You probably heard that Bob is being charged in the rape of a fifteen year old girl.”

Natasha nodded her head yes and moved uncomfortably in the seat she was sitting in.

“I know for a fact he didn’t do it.” I grabbed a bag and dumped a bunch of cds on the couch, “In here is the evidence I need to prove it. I have to warn you I’ve never seen anything on these cds so they might be very graphic in their sexual content. And I’m sure more than one will include Bob and me. You have to be able to look through these films and pick out the ones that are relevant then figure out how I’m going to prove to the police that they were superimposed.”

Derek was over by the desk setting up his program while Natasha popped in the first cd. Elisabeth and I started making a list.

After a half hour I noticed that Natasha was upset, “What’s the matter?” I went over and asked. I took one look at the television. It was my wedding night and there I was being beaten and then taken. I hit the eject button and placed it on the top of the cd player.

“We don’t need that one. You don’t have to do this you know.”

“I want to help.”

“Look only for the video’s with me and Bob, there should be a date on the videos shot so we’re looking at the end of September or the first day or two of October. You’re also looking for a video of Bob and a young girl that’s dated shortly after.”

“I’m feel bad that you went through that,” said Natasha.

“It had to be done,” I said as I sighed.


Elisabeth’s POV

I looked over at my sister and couldn’t believe what she just said. What did she mean ‘It had to be done’? Now it made sense why she didn’t join us for breakfast that morning. Dad would have gone through the roof. I swore he would have had heart failure when he found out Mark’s evil plot. How he wanted us all dead so he could inherit the family fortune. It was then my father took careful notice of everything that was going on with Madison. She did a great job with make-up covering the bruises but every once in a while a bruise would show through.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into her bedroom then shut the door.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her.

“What do you mean?” she aksed back.

“It had to be done, what had to be done?”

“It’s not important.”

“Your husband beat and raped you on your wedding night and it’s not important? Why did you marry him?”

She just looked at the floor.

“He can’t come back from the dead and hurt you. What happened between you and Bob? You guys were so in love.”

“Nothing.”

“I’m your sister don’t you trust me?”

She closed her eyes as tears came down them. “He blackmailed me.”

“He what? I guess I shouldn’t surprised. What did he blackmail you with?”

“That if I didn’t marry him he would release a video showing that Bob was a pedophile.”

“That went brilliantly. It seems it got out any way.”

“They found a copy in the library with a note. I think Mark intended it for me, to keep me in line.”

“Why didn’t you just tell Bob.”

“Actually I tried. I went to Maxwell’s the night after the engagement to explain everything. Ray and Frank said that Bob hurt his wrist badly and was taken to the hospital when I asked where they said it was none of my business and I did enough damage. Twenty minutes later I got the phone call you were in an accident and then one from Mark warning me to stay away from Bob, next time you won’t be so lucky.”

“He tried to kill me?” I asked in disbelief.

My sister shook her head yes as her tears flowed. I gave her a huge hug. Then she spoke again. “I tried to tell Daddy well that was the night you and Natasha were attacked. I couldn’t take another chance. If Bob stopped the wedding that would have been a loophole because I didn’t say anything did I?”

“Bob was going to stop the wedding?”

“If I wasn’t happy.”

“You were fucking miserable.”

“Until I saw Bob,” she said quietly.

“And he thought,” I started to say and then screamed, “Guys are so stupid.”

“It doesn’t matter Bob loves Ali and Bobby.”

“It’s hard to compete with flesh and blood.”

“That’s the problem, Bobby’s not his.”

“You’re kidding?” I sat there in shock.

“Mark falsified the records a bit.”

“Well can’t they see he doesn’t look like Bob?” I asked desperately.

“But he does. Bob’s cousin is the father. And from pictures I saw at Bob’s mother’s house he looks a lot like Bob.”

“Does he know?”

“No.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“Not now. He has too much on his plate.”

“He has the right to know.”

“I know and it’s going to kill him. He needs to stay focused if we’re to find who really killed Mark.”

“I hope you know what you’re doing.”

“I do too.”

“I found them,” yelled Natasha from the other room.

We raced out “Can you prove it’s fake?” asked Madison.

“Yeah but I need the school equipment.”

“How bout I take you. The program needs another few hours to run,” said Derek to Natasha.

He’s such a doll knowing I need to spends some time with my sister alone.

“Here,” said Madison as she threw him the keys to the Maybach.

We talked for a few more hours and decided to crash. She put all the cds that Natasha was viewing and threw them into the bag, then she turned to me “Bob doesn’t need to know about this.”

We went to her room to go to sleep.

Bob’s POV

‘What fucking time is it?’ as I looked at the alarm clock. I got up it was just past two. I went into the living area and saw no one was around. When I stretched I noticed a cd on the player. I wondered what it was. Probably some chick flick, what the hell I’m not going to sleep any time soon. I put the cd into the player and pressed play. I made my way over to the couch and put on the tv. I watched as a figure came out of the bathroom and my jaw dropped when I saw it was Maddie. Mark was sitting on the bed waiting for her.

“Come on Madison I’ve been waiting for this,” he said as he patted the bed.

“Not tonight Mark I’m tired.”

“Are you tired or upset because Bryar didn’t stop the wedding like you wanted him too.”

“Stop it Mark.”

“This is our wedding night and nothing is going to stop me from fucking my bride.”

“Please Mark.”

“That’s better.”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“You fucking embarrassed me at the church making those googly eyes at him. Now you’re going to pay bitch.”

I winced as I saw Mark slap Madison across her face. I clenched my fists as I watched him viciously beat her. He only stopped long enough to tear off her nightgown before raping her. I watched as he finished and got off of her saying, “I don’t know what Bryar ever saw in you, you’re such a lousy fuck.” My heart broke as I saw Madison stumbled to an empty couch, curled up and started crying.

Then I heard his voice, “Shut up you fucking bitch. I’m trying to sleep.”

I placed my face in my hands and whispered two words, “Why Maddie?”

I jumped when I heard an answer, “Because she wanted to protect us more than anything. Mark blackmailed her into it.”

I got up off the couch and threw a pillow down at it. “She should have told me!!” I yelled as went into my room slamming the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story