Categories > Original > Fantasy > Moonlight

Prom....Or not.

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Some serious things go downn. What could be the outcome?? =]] Reviews! I love em. The more I get, the faster I write the storyy!! haha. =]

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-01 - 2281 words

0Unrated
It was finally turning out right. I had never felt so completly happy in my life, since my parents had gotten divorced. I could now finally sleep at night, without worrying about the next day.

Lucian came to me the day after our visit with his family. He was glowing. Before I could even say hello, he wrapped me up in his arms and kissed me passionatly. I could barley breath when we went upstairs to my room. He sat on the edge of my bed, and beamed at me. I smiled, and sat in his lap.

"What makes you so happy today?" I had asked him.

"Oh, Anna. My family loves you. I was so scared they wouldn't." he replied. He kissed me on the cheek, grasping my hand in his.

This startled me. I smiled at my nervousness. "I'm glad they did. I liked them too."

"Great. This weekend I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" I asked.

"To Pebble Beach. Have you been?"

I wondered for a minute. Diana always wanted me to go, but we never found the time. "No, actually. I've always wanted to though."

"Good. Then thats settled. Sarah wants to see you today." He hugged me when he saw the confused, yet frightened look on my face. "Don't worry. She just wants you to come down so you both can talk."

"Oh, ok then. I guess I can go."

"You ready?" he asked me.

"Um, yah. Sure. Lets go."

Since Diana was not home, I left her a note telling her that I was going to Lucian's, and should be back later. And to not wait up for me. I reminded myself of that part, or else she would stay up all night until I had come home. I sighed as I closed the door behind me. I headed for my car, but Lucian had other plans. He picked me up, and started heading to the woods.

"Lucian, no. I need to take my car." I informed him, trying to get out of his strong hold.

"Why?"

"Because I need a way home. And besides, Diana will get suspicious."
He looked at me. "I doubt it."

"Please, Lucian." I pleaded.

He set me down, and we walked together , hand in hand, to my car. When he insisted on driving, I told him no. I wanted to drive this time. As we headed down the road, Lucian sighed dramatically.

"What?" I asked him, annoyed.

"You drive so slow."

"Well, I'm sorry if I'm not an expeirienced driver like you! And the speed limit is 60. I'm already going 70! I'm not getting a ticket. Even here there ,there may be a cop lying around waiting for someone to fly by." I informed him. He looked at me, and smiled.

"I still hate it." he finished. Soon, we turned into his driveway. I could already see Davina and James outside, playing basketball. Sarah was on the porch swing, waiting for us. Lucian was at my door, and I got out. I felt nervous. I knew Sarah liked me, but not that much. She came forward, and hugged me. She lead me into the house, up the stairs to her bedroom. It was just like Lucians, except it was clearly made for a girl. A long pink sofa sat in the middle of the room, under a fluffy Purple rug. She had little chinese laterns hanging everywhere, and strung christmas lights around the upper edges of the ceiling.
"Welcome to my heaven, Anna!" Sarah squeled.

"Its beautiful." I annouched, still gazing at Lucian. Sarah saw this, and laughed.

"Oh, I already know thats beautiful. But what about the room?" she asked.

"Its very pretty, Sarah. Your really an excellent decorator." I said. She walked towards Lucian, and began shooing him out. I nodded at him when he gave me a concerned look. He turned and left, going down the hallway to his own room. Sarah grabbed my wrists, and told me to sit down. As I did, she walked over to her monstrous closet and toke out a large white box. She peeked inside, and carried it over to me. She sat beside me, and handed me the box.

"Oh, Sarah. There was no need." I told her.

"But there is. Besides, you don't even know whats inside."

"Surely its too much, either way." I said, as I toke the top off. I gasped. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was dark blue, and it sparkled in the light. It was sleeveless, and was haltered.

"Try it on." Sarah urged me. I did, and she almost cried. "You look so pretty, Anna."

"Its amazing. But I couldn't possibly-"

"Yes, you can. Besides, its for an honorable occasion." She continued.

"What are you talking about Sarah?" I asked in alarm.

"Well. Um, theres this dance coming up, and I thought you and Lucian could go together." she said softly. She waited, then continuned. "It would be fun, Anna. Lucian has never been to prom before, and neither have you. It would mean so much to him!"

I calmed myself down before answering her.What could be the harm in going to a stupid dance? I sighed, thinking about how he must really have me wrapped around his finger for me to agree to this. "Ok, Sarah. I'll go." I promised her. "The dress is really stunning."

"Oh, thank you Anna!" she said, before kissing my forehead. She opened the door, and yelled, "Ava!" before disappearing downstairs. I toke my time, and soon enough Lucian was at the door, waiting. He looked at the box in my hand, and gave me a confused look. I shook my head at him, and led the way to his bedroom. Once inside, I closed the door and breathed deeply.

"Lucian, how do you feel about going to prom with me?"

The room was silent for a 2 heartbeats. He smiled at me, clearly excited. "I would love to. But may I ask, where did this suddenly come from?"

"Well, I got a dress, and me and Sarah talked-"

"Ugh. Sarah made you do this, didn't she?" he asked, his voice suddenly dark and angry.

"Lucian, I wouldn't be asking you if I really didn't want to do this! No sister of yours is gonna force me to do something I didn't want to. I agreed, and thought you would like the idea." I said, sighing. "But I guess not." I said, trying to sound displeased. It worked.

He looked at me, smiling. "Oh. Sorry about that then. I'll be most happy to go with you, milady."

I giggled. His face relaxed, as well as mine. He pulled me towards his chest, and slightly brushed my cheek with his cold fingers. I shivered. But not for the coolness. But for the happiness. I smiled as I cuddled closer to him.

I had never in my life seen time pass so fast. When me and Lucian finally came back downstairs, I glanced at a clock on the wall.

"Shit!" I mumbled under my breath. I knew that I was going to be in so much trouble when I got home. Before I even realized it, Lucian grabbed both my wrists and pulled me towards the couch.

"Anna, I'm pretty sure Diana is already asleep. And its not like shes going to spank you for not following the rules." I heard Davina say from the shadows. She revealed herself, still beautiful as ever. She smiled when she saw me looking at her dress. It was a crimson red, and it cut just short of the knees. "Do you like it? I thought it would be a good prom dress!" she explained.

"Um, Davina, I'm pretty sure thats a bit short to be a prom dress." I answered.

"Oh, silly Anna. Do you really think I'm going to goto prom in some floor lenght gown? I enjoy being different. Why would I want to look exactly like everyone else?" Davina tensed up. I could see her smile turn slightly backwards.

"Well, you sure will stand out alright." I mumbled, heading back to the couch. Davina stood there for a second, glaring at me, before she turned off and left the room. Lucian let out a low chuckle.

"Good job, love. No ones ever been that straighforward with Davina." He informed me.

"Well, she deserved it. And besides, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just stating my opinion."

"She had it coming." Lucian said, turning towards me. "So, my love. Where to next? We have all night, you know."

"I don't think so, Lucian. I do have to get home eventually. I'd rather face a hundred moutain lions than Diana."

And relitivly, that was somewhat true. Diana may not spank me, or take away my car, but she will give me some form of punishment that I will regret. And now that she knows about Lucian, that will make it even easier for her. Lucian laughed, and toke my hand. I held my breath, waiting for what was coming next.

"If you have to ever face a hundred mountain lions, call me then. I've always wanted one as a pet." He teased.

"Oh, shut up. I don't know why I like you, Luican, but I do." I said. "So don't ruin it already. Wait until after Prom to make me increasibly angry."

The room was silent. I prayed that he didn't take that seriously. I was only joking. I looked at Lucian, still as a statue beside me. I wondered if Shapeshifters had heart attacks, cuz if they did, he was already at stage 2.

"Oh my god." It was all he could say. He looked frightened. He then turned to me. "Why didn't you tell me, Anna? Why? Don't you think I would've wanted to know?" He asked me suddenly, anger in his shaky voice.

I was confused. "What the heck are you talking about?"

"That he was there." he told me.

Who was there? Who was he talking about? And while we're on the point, where was there?
"Lucian, quite playing. I don't have time to joke around. I have no clue what your talking about"

"I'm not joking! Why Anna, would I joke about this?" he said. "And I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't play stupid with me, Anna. Its not going to work." he added, cruelly.

"God! Why can't you just just read my mind or whatever? I hate being mind dead with you! Then maybe you would see that I have no damn clue what your talking about!"I yelled.

"Well, maybe you should have been honest with me, Annabelle! Do I mean nothing to you? Does your life mean nothing to you?" He yelled back.

I tried to hold in the tears. But I wasn't strong enough. Soon my vision was impaired, by salt-water.

I got up quickly, never looking back, as I headed to my car. Sarah was there, waiting for me.
"Anna. Please, don't do this." she begged.

"I'm sorry, Sarah. But I just can't do this anymore. Its just too hard. Just too complicated." I mumbled as I got into my car. I didn't go straight home. I went to the only place I could think of.

He had no idea I was coming, appearently. He stood outside, working on his truck. With no shirt on. Sigh. He turned around when he heard me pulled up. He looked at me, confused. Then he ran over, smiling.

Until he got closer. Then he saw my Blood red eyes. He looked worried.

"What happened, Anna? Did that bastard hurt you? I swear I'll kill him if he laid a hand on you. Not that I wouldn't mind." he said.

"No, he didn't hurt me, physically. But emotionally, he crushed me." I said.

"What happened?" he demanded.

I told him what had happened only an hour or so ago. I barley finished, before the waterworks started again. Jacob held me to his chest, allowing me to soak it with tears. It soon was too late, and too impossible for me to drive. Jacob drove me home, and carried me upstairs to my bedroom, since Diana wasn't home. He layed me down on my bed, and curled up next to me. His skin was warm against my now coldness.

"Anna, it's gonna be ok." He kept wispering in my ear, trying to reassure me. It didn't work. I soon cried my eyes out, finally collasping into sleep.

I hated him so much. And that just made it even worse. How could he believe that I wasn't honest with him?

Hadn't I told him everything? I couldn't think of anything that would make him think I didn't love him. That I didn't want to live! Why would I want to die? I had to look after Diana. And now I had Jacob and Sam. Thats enough to keep me going.

Unless I had forgotten. I did that alot.

Why didn't he just tell me what he was talking about? Why? We were going to goto Prom together for heaven's sake! Guess I need to return Sarah's dress back to her tommorow. A school. Where Lucian would be.

I couldn't think of the reason. The cause for my heart tearing into small, unmanagable peices. What happened? One moment everything was perfect, and the next, all the happiness in my world disappeared.

I'd cross that bridge when I got to it, though. Right now, I just needed to sleep. Which was hard as it was, with my mind on Lucian. Eventually I couldn't fight sleep any longer. Finally.
Sign up to rate and review this story