Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Rachel

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Holloway hits a nerve with Rachel.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-09-06 - Updated: 2008-09-07 - 1285 words - Complete

0Unrated
Madison POV

It was great seeing Adam again and I can’t believe he got his hair cut so short. When we first saw each other we gave each other a huge hug and he was sorry about Mark.

It was fun having a pre-graduation party because as of tomorrow everyone will be spread out. Despite everything we had a good time. Natasha and I talked quietly and she turned over all the stuff she found. I couldn’t wait to get to Rachel. Maybe that stupid cop will see once and for all Bob isn’t a rapist or a killer.

After the kids left Adam and I decided to go out for a drink. We sat at the bar of the hotel.

“You look really beautiful Maddie.”

“Thanks, I can only stay for one drink I need to get to my room,” I needed to make sure that Bob was okay and not doing anything stupid.

“Then I’ll make this quick. I like you more than a friend as a matter of fact I think I may be in love with you. I know you love Bob but right now he’s on the run and if he wasn’t he’d be perfectly happy with Ali and Bobby.”

“Bob didn’t kill anyone,” I said defensively.

“I didn’t say he did, in fact Bob would be the last one I would think would kill anyone, especially Mark.”

“Why especially Mark?”

“Because Maddie,” he looked at me sympathetically, “he’s over you.”

I swallowed hard and as much as I wanted to deny it, it was true. “I know,” I whispered, “but Adam I love you as a friend even when we dated I only felt a friendship connection. I’m sorry.”

“Well begrudge a guy for trying. Have you heard from Bob?”

I shook my head no.

“Someone will find out who really killed Mark you’ll see.”

“I know.”

I finished my drink as we talked about Derek and Elisabeth.

“Goodnight Adam, I’ll see you in the morning.”

In the Trenton Penthouse in Manhattan

Narrator’s POV

“Make sure you dust for fingerprints on the computer and the doors,” said the gruff looking detective. He turned to his partner and said, “If only I did good in school, went to Harvard and married a millionaires daughter I could have had all this too. Of course I might be sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic in my private jet.”

The detective went downstairs to talk to the concierge that was on duty a few nights ago.

“So you were here the night Mrs. Gadsen came in.”

“More like the morning.”

“Was she with anyone?”

“Yeah. A guy. He was average height he wore sun glasses and a hooded sweatshirt.”

“Anything else?”

“Yeah he had a blonde beard and a lip ring.”

“Thanks so much.”

The detective went outside and took out his cell. He took out a piece of paper and dialed the number. It started ringing on the other side and some one picked up “Kenilworth Police.”

“Holloway there?”

“Just a minute,” said the voice on the other line.

“Holloway here.”

“Barry it’s me Briscoe. It seems your two love birds were here. I got a CSU here and there checking the place for prints. But the concierge said he saw her walk in with a guy average height wearing a hoodie, blonde beard and a lip ring. It seems too coincidental even in New York.”

“Thanks, let me know what the CSU finds.”

“You owe me Barry.”

“Yeah, yeah Lenny I know.”

Kenilworth IL
“So your friend in New York find something?” asked Rachel

“It seems your clients were seen there together. Where are they Rache?”

“You know I have Attorney/Client privilege. He didn’t do it.”

“Not alone. I’m charging Madison as an accessory. It seems the same day Gadsen was murdered Madison took out over half a billion dollars. Looks to me it was run away money.”

“She’s the one that reported it missing.”

“Oh and it couldn’t have been a ruse.”

“Get serious Barry, she was upset about losing the money.”

“She was acting!!” Holloway yelled.

“Please you don’t think I can tell when someone is acting?”

“What the fuck do you care about innocence as long as they’re paying you enough.”

Rachel slapped him across the face, he knew he went too low.

“I’m sorry honey.”

It was the case that made Barry take the job in Kenilworth because it put a real strain on their relationship. Most of the cases Rachel won the police later found the real perpetrator but not the last one they already found their man and he was let go to kill the next day. Rachel was so distraught even thought of giving up law. Barry tried to tell her everyone makes mistakes and if he sat on the jury he probably would have agreed with them. She presented a good case but he lied to her. It was the first client that ever did. Until she was ordered by the court to defend some one pro-bono, she had given up law. But the case was a woman who was much like Madison was beaten and raped by her husband and accused of attempted murder. In the end the man’s mistress is the one that tried to kill her. Since then she has only defended woman. Bob was the first man she defended in a long time.

“You know that wasn’t fair.”

“I know I’m an insensitive prick. I’m just getting a lot of pressure from the higher ups.”

“Like who the chief, the mayor?”

“And the governor.”

“I’m sorry honey I can’t tell you where they are. But you’re a smart guy you’ll figure it out. Just do your research.”

Holloway started to climb in to bed when he got a phone call.

“Holloway here.”

“We got a hit from Andover, Mass on the sight.”

“And?”

“Doesn’t Madison’s little sister go to school there?”

He smiled and then looked over at Rachel who looked at him quizzically.

“Find out the information and I’ll stack packing.”

“Did it already, the computer is registered to Mark Gadsen and linked to a port at the Staybridge Suites. I called and Madison has a two bedroom suite, she had a one bedroom but upgraded when she got there. Should I get Mass State Police up there?”

“Yeah and have them keep them both there until I get there.”

“They have a barracks located right there, so they should be close.”

In Andover, Mass

Madison’s POV

I slowly made it back to my room and felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from a number I didn’t know, but it was Chicago.

‘Police found you and on their way,’ was all it said and all it needed to say. I ran to the room and opened the door “Bob we need to get out of here,” I yelled as I entered. And there he was sitting on the computer. I knew why and he led the police straight here.

Get your things out of the bedroom I got the suitcase full of money and passports I didn’t have time to pack anything else. Bob was gone and I was right behind him but I had to back I needed the list because I knew I couldn’t take the computer with me. It was too hot.

I got outside and my heart sank as I saw my car surrounded by police the only question was, where was Bob?
Sign up to rate and review this story