Categories > Cartoons > Winx Club > A Lone Blossom in the Dust

Prologue

by Xianghua 3 reviews

No one seemed to pay much attention to Flora until the day that Helia transferred to Alfea High. She would have been thrilled to spend time with a guy like Helia if it wasn't for the horrible secre...

Category: Winx Club - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2008-09-10 - Updated: 2008-09-10 - 261 words

0MarySue
She lay curled up in a tiny ball on the living room floor as blood slowly trickled from the corner of her mouth. Heavy sobs shook her slender body while long brown hair covered her face, hiding the tears that fell from her green eyes. She still felt a sharp pain in her stomach from the punches her father hit her with. Her clothes were also torn up from her attempted struggle to get away from the man.

These beatings were a daily occurrence for Flora. Her mother had died when she was only six years old and her father had always been a raging alcoholic. Every night he would go out drinking and come back home to administer Flora’s nightly beating. And even when he was sober he was still a violent person. If ever Flora made a simple mistake she’d be punished severely for it. For example, when she was thirteen Flora had received an A- on her report card and was punished by being starved for a full week. She never got another A- again.

Flora was now seventeen years old but instead of going shopping or out on dates with guys she was trapped in her own home. Instead of going to dances and basketball games she was the personal punching bag of the man who was supposed to be her father. No one knew the suffering she went through on a daily basis, no one even seemed to know she existed.

Two last tears slipped out of her eyes before the world went black…
Sign up to rate and review this story