Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom Hearts Drabble

Never Ending Dream

by RenValentine 0 reviews

Roxas chases a dream, will he ever catch up?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Axel,Roxas - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-09-10 - Updated: 2008-09-10 - 666 words

0Unrated
Kingdom Hearts Drabble:ACT III
Never Ending Dream
His dreams were clouded, hazy. He could see a blurry form dressed all in black with fiery red hair. Who was this guy? Why did Roxas feel like he could name this man? The dream recurred almost every night. Every night, it seemed he would reach the other figure. Every night, the figure remained out of his reach. One morning, he jerked awake, the morning sun shining warmly on his face. Unlike other days, Roxas had no plans with Hayner and the others.
“I’m going to find that guy,” he told himself, “I know he’s in Twilight Town.”
As quickly as he could, he dressed and was out the door. The Usual Spot was his first destination. Pulling back the sheet that was the door to the meeting area, he fully expected the red-head to be there, awaiting his own arrival. It was not so. The Usual Spot was deserted, save for some discarded pop cans. Sighing heavily, he backed out and slumped against the wall. Roxas racked his brain, thinking of all the places in Twilight Town the mysterious man could possibly be.
“Sunset Terrace!” he exclaimed, smacking a fist into an opened palm, “Bingo!”
And he was off, racing toward the train station. Luckily, the boy had grabbed several Munny. Originally, it had been for Seasalt Icecream but the train ticket would be far more valuable, he was sure. Panting heavily, he barely made the train. The conductor gave a hearty laugh and allowed the boy on.
“You’d better slow down, lad,” the kindly man suggested.
“Yessir,” Roxas replied politely. Sitting down was hard for the boy. He wanted to be there, he wanted to see the mysterious man in his dreams. Slowly, slowly, he approached the station at Sunset Terrace. Minutes passed like hours. The boy drummed his fingers on his knees. When when when? All of a sudden, the car stopped.
“Sunset Terrace!” the conductor called. The passengers de-trained and Roxas with them, running as fast as he could to the highest point in the suburb.
“This time,” he told himself, “He’ll be there!!”
He rounded the corner of the hill, three mere bushes obscuring his view. With a burst of speed, and his lungs were already burning, he thrust himself over the barrier. Tumbling a few feet, his vision was momentarily clouded with stars and pain.
“Ow…!” he shouted. Suddenly, as a light bulb turning on, he remembered why he was where he was. Sitting up, he surveyed the hill. There was no figure. The man had not been there. There was no one there but himself.
“Nobody,” Roxas sighed, his breath shaking. The wind blew, a hollow compliment to the way his heart felt.
“That’s what they call us, kiddo.”
Roxas’ gaze jerked behind him. The man’s figure was well-shaped, a bit like an hourglass and he had long, gangly arms. The long black jacket he wore was offset by fiery red hair and emerald green eyes.
“You’re the man…From my dreams,” Roxas said without thinking.
“I should think so, Roxas,” the man replied, “I’m Axel, your best friend.”
“Best friend?” Roxas felt that, although this must be so, there was something amiss, “If you’re my best friend, why do you haunt my dreams?”
The man called Axel remained silent. Roxas stood and brushed off. His heart felt right, like he should be with this man forever. Like he had been already but had forgotten for some reason. Roxas’ body took his mind over and his arms were thrown around Axel’s waist.
“I love you,” he mumbled into the red-head’s jacket. His heart said yes and, very quickly, his mind and body were agreeing.
“I love you too, Roxas, I always have,” Axel replied, “Forever.”
It was like a dream that would never end. The sweetness shared between the friends couldn’t be soured by anything. Best friends, comrades, lovers.
Sign up to rate and review this story