Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bite Me

06. Meet The Rogue Hunter

by WaYcEsTisLoVe 3 reviews

Everyone ready for another addition?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-09-11 - Updated: 2008-09-12 - 1360 words - Complete

1Exciting
Pete laughed as he read my thoughts.

That struck me as weird, seeing as there were FOUR pairs of eyes staring at me... and Pete was still behind me with his arm slung around my waist from apparating.

Meaning one of the four pairs of eyes didn't belong to a member of the Chicago Hunters.

"Mickey!" I wriggled out of Pete's grasp and threw my arms around the small child.

"Hey! I'm NOT small!"

"How about you stop reading my thoughts?"

"How about you stop calling me small?"

"Well-"

"GUYS!"

Our attention turned to Patrick.

The rest of the hunters seemed just as shocked; Patrick really didn't seem like the yelling type.

"Thank you. Now there's a reason I had Pete bring you back here-"

"Is it because you're secretly lusting after me and you couldn't bear the thought of me being dead?" I smiled largely, pretending that that truth would make me extremely happy.

He looked at me strangely for a moment before answering.

"...no."

I let my face fall into a pout.

"Now, as I was saying," he sent me a glare, "I had Pete bring you back here for a reason. As an Edora you could choose to hide your thoughts from vampires, correct?"

"It would take a lot of effort on my part, but it is possible. Why?"

"Well, I was thinking, if we sent you undercover-"

"No! Absolutely not! You are not sending her out as bait. You have no idea what Beckett is capable of. He could hurt her."

"Pete, I know him just as well as you do. I just think that her going out would be the best way to-"

"Not happening!" He insisted.

"I appreciate your concern, Pete, but I want to bring down the Dandies just as much as everyone else here. If me going undercover is going to increase our chances of doing that, then I'm all for it."

"You're not going in without backup, and I can't follow you because Beckett knows my scent too well. We'd need either a foreign vampire or a human none of the Dandies have ever come into contact with. He's met all of you. Who could we send in?"

The room went silent as everyone pondered this.

"What about me?"

My head snapped up at the sound of a strange voice in the doorway.

A man stood there, about 6' even. He had a large head of hair that was a reddish-brown. He seemed to be of Hispanic descent. All-in-all, completely gorgeous.

Pete growled deep in his throat after reading my thoughts.

STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!

He stumbled slightly at the loudness of my thoughts.

"Ray!" Mickey ran to the man in the doorway and engulfed him in a huge hug.

Everything suddenly fit into place: Mickey must have called her brother after I got kidnapped.

Ray caught my eye and winked at me. I fought hard to hold back the blush that was threatening to overtake my face.

I could feel the hatred radiating off of Pete, but even more so, the jealousy.

What the hell?

"Who are you?" Pete's voice was less than friendly.

"Ray Toro. He's a hunter from Jersey. Mickey's his younger sister."

Ray looked at me, surprised that I knew.

"Mickey told me when we met." I clarified.

"Anyway, I think it's a great idea."

"What is?" Pete asked, almost daring me to say it again.

"That Ray be my backup."

Pete looked at me scathingly.

"We don't even know if he can fight properly. How can I put you in his charge without knowing you'll be protected?"

Before I could question why he cared so much, he was on the ground, a stake pressed threateningly to his chest.

"I can fight properly. Better than properly, seeing as a vampire is supposedly always on his guard."

He smirked at the vampire beneath him (A/N: That sounded sooo wrong to me.) before rising to his feet and standing beside me.

I felt his left hand lightly place itself on my lower back, earning another blush from me and another growl from Pete.

"Does anyone other than bat-boy down there have any objections to me accompanying Anck Su Namun?"

"Nami, please. My friends call me Nami."

He nodded, showing he understood, and added a discreet smirk directed at Pete on the ground.

No one spoke any objections.

Pete audibly growled from his place on the floor when no one else objected to the arrangements, then stood up grumbling something along the lines of, "stupid humans".

"Good. We'll need a plan. Someway of getting Beckett to trust us." Ray said thoughtfully, tracing imaginary patterns on my back.

"What about Brendon?" Patrick mused.

I could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

"Brendon? What does he have to do with anything?"

"The night of the brawl he seemed almost apologetic when he was told to enthrall you. Do you think you might be able to get his help?"

Instantly I remembered the warning that I had pushed to the back of my head:

You need to get out of here, now. His voice pleaded in my head.

I've hunted my entire life. What makes this any different?

I don't have time to explain. Just go home.

Why? Brendon, what aren't you telling me?

"You do realize he's Beckett's second in command, right?" I asked, trying to avoid the look Pete was giving me.

It was obvious he had just been in my head and heard the mental conversation that took place.

"All the better. If you can sway him to your side, he would be a valuable asset."

"And how, oh mighty Patrick, would I 'sway' him? Are you suggesting seduction?"

Pete and Ray both visibly tensed for reasons unknown. (Though, honestly, I had a pretty good idea as to why.)

I had no problem with seducing him, he was, afterall, extremely attractive.

And that's not to mention how he tried to protect me from being kidnapped. He obviously can't be all bad.

"If it became necessary, yes. But I have a feeling he isn't very happy with Beckett. All he needs is a little convincing."

"I could do the convincing with my fist, rather than having her seduce him. It'd be easier, and a lot more fun."

I glared at him.

He knew Brendon wanted to help me. He also knew I thought Brendon was attractive, probably prompting the comment in the first place.

Though I didn't expect Ray to nod in agreement.

"Pete, why are you so against this? First you not wanting me to have Ray as backup, then not wanting me to go at all? I want to help. If I need to seduce a thousand Dandies to bring down Beckett, then that's what I'll do." The venom in my voice seemed to shock everyone in the room.

He sighed deeply before looking around the room for any kind of backup.

No one said anything, causing him to sigh again.

"Alright."

His gaze fell to Ray, and he tensed up, obviously hearing Pete's voice in his head.

But I swear to God, if she gets hurt under your watch, I'll kill you.

With that he left the room, leaving a very nervous Ray and a very victorious me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lemme just say right now that I've had a really crappy day, and coming home to find 5 new reviews on this story made it so much better.

Y'all deserve this chapter, and I want to dedicate it to all those who reviewed:
-girlinthemoon: I thank you very much for your follow-up review
-YuleShootYourEyeOut: I'm glad you like it so much, it's always nice to know someone enjoys my work (it was either write this chapter, or take notes in US History, and I'm sure y'all know which I chose)
-ash360: My main aim in this story is to keep readers on their toes. Hopefully you don't find Nami as a Mary-Sue, and I really hope the plot-line isn't predictable; I'd hate to disappoint you.
-Ashley_Renee: Thanks! I'll make sure to update as often as possible.

This chapter is for all of you!

PLEASE REVIEW!!! =D
Sign up to rate and review this story