Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hunters Guild

Family Reunion

by Gunblade 1 review

Reign follows orders and enlightens the Potter's.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-09-12 - Updated: 2008-09-12 - 2525 words

3Funny
Hunters Guild

Chapter 3 Family Reunion

They had arrived at Potter manor in the kitchen and taken seats, joined by another man with long shaggy black hair and blue eyes, Sirius Black. Reign was quite annoyed Ron was still with them, he did not mind Mrs. Weasleys’ presents though.

“Well I guess I’ll begin then…” began the silver haired boy to some nods. “Rules are, if you plan to leave the house, even to use the garden, tell me. If you are having guests over, tell me. If you need any supplies, tell me. At Hogwarts, except for class hours June and Rose are not to leave the castle without me,” he pulled out two gold bracelets and slid one to each. “They will let me know where you both are at all times, but don’t worry I wont tell if you’re up to no good.” He smirked at their relieved expressions as they placed them on and they shrunk tight to their wrists. “Mostly everything else you remember from the last three bodyguards.”

He smiled as he continued. “Okay then, one last thing for Lily and James everything else we’ll learn as we go…” the two nodded not sure what to expect. “Well, why did you feel it necessary to mistreat Harry?” he asked and the two Potters’ eyes widened and they gasped in shock before looking angry.

“What would you know?” demanded James’, everyone else but Dumbledore looked confused.

Reign raised a silver eyebrow. “Well I am Junes’ twin brother, I think I would remember the way my parents treated me like shit for their girl-who-lived.”

Multiple gasps ran around the table, even Dumbledore lost his composure. “B-but I don’t have a twin brother,” said June suddenly shaking her head clear. “Anyway your hairs silver, no one in our family has silver hair,” she added reasonably.

Reign laughed. “This isn’t even a natural hair colour,” he said rolling his eyes. “Check my eyes, they’re your eyes,” he added staring her straight in the eyes, emerald met emerald.

“Oh my god, I have a nice brother,” she blurted out in shock. “Whoa…” she whispered turning to her nervous parents with a heated glare. “Why were you horrible to my brother?” she demanded heatedly.

Her parents fidgeted uncomfortably. “Dumbledore said you needed all of our love because of that stupid prophesy,” Lily blurted out suddenly. “We felt really guilty when he disappeared, and we didn’t make that mistake again.”

June turned her icy gaze to Dumbledore. “Hey, I didn’t tell them to treat you differently,” he said shaking his hands in defence.

She then turned to her newly found brother to see him grinning at her, he winked and blew her a kiss, and she blushed. “So sis, did I hear someone mention a stupid prophesy?” she nodded uncertainly. “Well don’t tell me let me guess, it says you’re supposed to off Voldy?”

“Yeah how’d you know?” she replied blankly.

He just shrugged as he stood and walked round to her. “Well, a baby could work it out,” he smiled as he just pulled her out of her seat and embraced her in a huge hug, after a moments hesitation she melted into the embrace hugging back, she realised then and there she was always missing him. “I missed you so much,” he whispered in her ear as he pulled away smiling he turned to Rose and pulled her out of her chair picking her up he hugged her tight and she hugged back quickly.

“Wow,” she whispered. “I have a cool brother now,” she added snuggling tight to her brother. He grinned, kissed her cheek as he placed her back on her seat, and sat down in-between his sisters smiling.

Reign looked around to see a few teary eyed people though everybody seemed to have expected something. “What?” he finally asked confusedly.

“What about Roger?” asked Mrs. Weasley.

Reign looked at his wide-eyed little brother and frowned. “I’m not hugging the brat, if anything I’ll beat some manners into him,” he glared at his brother and he gulped. “I heard about all of the crap you were pulling with my friends.”

“Well that makes sense,” grinned June smirking at Roger, he just scowled. “He just thinks he’s cool because he’s on the Gryffindor Quidditch team,” she continued smugly.

“Do not,” he retorted with a glare.

“Well why don’t you girls show me to the kitchen and I’ll make us all some lunch,” interrupted Reign wanting to get away from his parents right now before they overcome their nervousness. He stood with all the girls, well Hermione was going to stand, but Ron pulled her back to her seat.

“Mr. um, Ryudo,” interrupted Dumbledore with a kind smile as the young Hunter looked at him. “You do remember you are still the bodyguard I trust?”

Reign laughed. “Yeah old man, but we’re hidden under the Fidelius - plus I detect a few goblin stealth wards.” He grinned as his sisters and Ginny led him out of the dinning room into the kitchen.

“Mum, he took Ginny,” complained Ron angrily. “He might be trying something with her.”

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes. “Yes Ronald, in front of his sisters,” she retorted sarcastically. Ron just sulked.

Reign grinned as he rushed around the kitchen, the girls watching as he pulled out what he wants. “So, what’s the deal with Ron?” he asked as he began preparing foods and set the girls tasks.

“We don’t know,” answered Ginny. “He’s just a selfish prat.”

“Yeah, every boy that’s ever been interested in Ginny he’s scared off,” piped in June looking a little peeved a little amused. Reign laughed shaking his head he gave the red head a wink and she blushed with a small smile. “So, uh, what do we call you?” she added as an afterthought.

“Reign,” he replied. “So why’s Hermione dating that prat, he wont let her out of his sight.”

“We know,” agreed Ginny annoyed. “We think she only stays with him because of pity.”

He laughed as Dumbledore interrupted them, entering the kitchen. “Ryudo, um… I was wondering whether you would take defence against the dark arts at Hogwarts, as you may well be aware it is near impossible to get a competent willing teacher.”

Reign narrowed his eyes and sighed. “Sure I guess it will give me something to do,” he agreed.

Dumbledore then smiled brightly. “Thank you, Ryudo, I was frightened I might have to teach it and I barely have enough time to do anything myself. Well, I’ll be leaving now, we have an Order meeting so you’ll only need to make enough for you kids to eat, oh except Ronald and Hermione said they’re going to the Burrow for dinner. Ryudo, you have been left with the task of taking care of your little sister and brother, everybody else has already left. Though Ronald didn’t want to leave his sister with you,” he chuckled looking beyond amused as he exited the kitchen.

Reign chuckled. “So, Ginny wanna go fool around?” he joked amusedly and she blushed brightly.

“Do you have some kind of embarrassment quota you have to fill each day or something?” asked June grinning.

“Oh, I might do,” he agreed kissing her cheek making her burn red. “With you lot I’ll have it filled in no time,” he chuckled as the three girls laughed and they continued with dinner, talking about nothing of real importance.

“June,” whined Roger as he entered the kitchen about twenty minuets later. “Why’s dinner taking so long I’m starving, can you even cook?” he asked the last worriedly.

“No,” she replied with a cheeky shrug. “Reigns’ just telling us what to do, it smell great.”

Roger sniffed the air looking surprised. “Are boys supposed to be good in the kitchen?” he asked doubtfully. “Dad says girls are supposed to do all the kitchen stuff.”

“Not at all;” disagreed Reign. “A real man knows how to cook a good meal. Cooking is like making a potion, a delicate art that needs care and patients.”

“I hate potions,” he replied turning his nose up. “Snapes an asshole,” he said degusted.

“Ah yes,” he replied. “Professor Severus Snape, potions master, from what I’ve heard from Grey that man should not be allowed near a school let alone teaching at one,” he rolled his eyes. “Apparently Grey and Snape never got along.”

The three girls giggled while Roger nodded knowingly. “So what else is a man supposed to know?” asked Roger eager for knowledge from someone other than his dad.

“Hmm, well let’s think,” he replied. “First answer this, if someone calls you out for a fight at school, even your worst enemy what would you do?”

He looked thoughtful for a moment. “Dad says to fight em,” he finally replied with a nod.

Reign sighed and rolled his eyes. “No… it takes a stronger person to say no and walk away.”

“But what if they call me names or something for not fighting?” he asked in shock.

Reign chuckled. “Then that just tells everybody watching how small that person really is. The only time you should ever fight is to protect yourself, your family, or an innocent person in need. It is better to hide what you are capable of by refusing petty fights so those you need to fight will not know what you can do, and they will be overconfident in their own abilities. You saw me fight in the joke shop, but I didn’t even draw my wand,” he smiled. “Well why don’t you go set the table and dinner will be with you soon,” he smiled as his brother actually grabbed some plates and cutlery and took them to the dinning room. The three girls stared at him open mouthed. “What?” he asked confused.

“You actually had him listening to you,” gasped out June in shock. “And he’s setting the table.”

Reign grinned cheekily and shrugged. “I guess he just needs a male role model?”

“But what about dad?” piped in Rose sweetly.

“No, he doesn’t need any of dads’ advice,” cut in June shaking her head worriedly. “He needs someone like Reign to tell him things properly, not dads advice on how to burp loudly.” They laughed. Soon dishing the food out into large bowls and plates Reign sliced the meat carefully and they carried it out to the dinning room, setting it on the centre of the table they sat down with Roger where they dished out some dinner onto their plates and began eating.

“Wow,” complemented Ginny from next to Reign where she sat. “You’re really good in the kitchen,” she praised. “Maybe even better than my mum,” she added sounding shocked at that fact.

“Whoa, brilliant chef and fighter,” agreed June with a huge grin.

“Dad and Sirius would take the mickey if they found out you can cook this good,” added Roger as he ate.

Reign laughed with a light blush. “Well anyone who makes fun of another because they have skill in the kitchen are just jealous they don’t,” he replied with a cheeky grin. He stood and then finally removed his coat and folded it, placing it neatly on the chair next to him. Their eyes bulged out of their eyes eyeing his muscular arms as he sat back down.

“So, um… what are you going to teach during defence class?” asked June shaking off the perverted thoughts she was having about her brother, she knew she really shouldn’t be thinking about him like that but could not help herself.

Reign shrugged. “I don’t know,” he replied thoughtfully. “Maybe how to kick ass, maybe some cool curses and hexes,” he shrugged. “I’ll have to think about it. What did Grey teach?”

“He just taught us the normal school curriculum,” answered Ginny.

“Oh, he taught the boring crap,” he laughed. “Well I’m never one to follow the rules, that’s probably one of the reasons I was chose for this job.”

“What about other reasons?” asked Rose shyly.

Reign smiled kindly at her. “Because I wouldn’t let anyone make me leave, because of my sisters.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet,” cooed June with a beautiful smile towards her twin brother.

Reign shrugged rubbing the back of his neck embarrassedly. “Well, I do have a heart.” They soon dropped into conversation about Hogwarts and things of no real importance, finishing dinner. When they finished to Rogers horror Reign got him to help with the dishes, the thirteen year old refused wanting him to use magic to clean them. However, a man does not need to cheat while washing up so the boy reluctantly agreed.

After they finished cleaning, up they returned to the girls in the lounge where they were surprised Ron and Hermione had returned, apparently they are staying at Potter manor. Ron glared at Reign and Hermione looked at him apologetically. They sat around talking for a while.

“So, little bro, you’re on the Gryffindor Quidditch team?” asked Reign eager to see if his little brother can have some sense knocked into him.

Roger grinned. “Yeah, I’m the teams’ seeker, we won last term.”

“I’m the Gryffindor keeper,” jumped in Ron smugly.

Reign just looked at him and shrugged. “Then I’m surprised they won,” he chuckled while all but Ron and Hermione laughed, though Hermione seemed to force herself not too.

“Shut up,” retorted Ron angrily. “You’re just a small cocked idiot.”

Reign laughed and stood up, Ron flinched, but Reign just grabbed his zipper. “Maybe I should prove you very wrong,” he suggested with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

“No don’t,” squealed Rose embarrassedly.

“Yes do,” said Ginny at the same time.

“Ginny!” complained Ron angrily as Reign regained his seat looking smug. “He’s just a pervert!”

“Well der, give the boy a prize,” laughed the Hunter amusedly. “I’m human, we’re all perverts.”

“I’m not,” retorted Ron angrily.

“Yeah, whatever,” he retorted sarcastically. “Well anyway, what about you June, aren’t you on the Quidditch team?” he asked changing the subject.

She rolled her eyes. “No, I’m not. I don’t really like playing, I prefer just flying.” They then entered talk about flying, completely ignoring Ron, even though he did nothing but glare angrily at Reign. Soon James, Lily, Sirius, and Mrs. Weasley returned with Mr. Weasley, they introduced to Reign. The red haired man immediately noticed the revolvers on Reigns’ back and looked beyond excited, luckily however, the parents quickly called for bed and June showed Reign to his room next to hers, which she shares with Ginny and Hermione. Ron complained loudly about his room being so close to Hermione, but after some angry glaring from his mother, he quickly shut up and entered his room, which is a lot further away.

T.B.C…
Sign up to rate and review this story