Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

The Unraveling Secrets

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 0 reviews

A closer look into the life of Mystery girl, Amber. Soon it'll all make sense...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Published: 2008-09-14 - Updated: 2008-09-14 - 738 words - Complete

0Unrated
It wasn't until sunrise that Amber returned to her compact quarters, located in a old post office building on the outskirts of the city. Her face was solid; as if she felt no emotions. Her eyes shifted in a way that scanned the halls to make sure that no one was following her. Once, she was satisfied, she walked towards the elevators, never taking a single glimpse at the remains of this once lively office. She pressed the button to open the door where she stepped inside and pressed a white button labeled with a 'B' for basement.
When the lift reached its lowest level, the doors opened to reveal a space that was probably once used as a mailroom, now adorning the cluttered appearance of a temporary living space.
Amber exhaled as she threw her bag across the room tiredly, plopping herself on her futon and closing her eyes for a minute's rest. That is, until she noticed the note resting beside her bed frame. Jerking upwards, she ripped the note from its original place and skimmed over the writing. Her nose crinkled at the familiar use of blood as ink as she read the letter out loud mockingly,

"To my dearest sister,
I must say that I greatly appreciate your obedience to the 'unnerving' acts that are necessary for The redemption.
I do hope that you'll rethink our proposition and proudly accept the responsibility that mother failed to comprehend.
Forever,
William
"

Amber dropped the note apathetically and scoffed, "I'm not falling for that bullshit logic of yours, William."
Not expecting an answer after she heard the echo of her voice hit the walls, she wondered if she'd ever find a way out of this game of theirs...the vampires. They're just so deceiving, she thought ornery to herself, emphasizing a rage against the undead corpses that fed off the lives of her own flesh and blood.
She closed her eyes and tried falling asleep, for she knew it wouldn't be long until William and his minions would show up uninvited to crash the party.


The hideout was quiet that evening. Patrick hadn't slept, for he spent the day trying to figure out the connection between this mystery girl and the dandies. But his research has only helped him so much before he found himself back to square one.
By this time, he'd given up on the gathered information and decided to question what Pete knew about the girl. He just hoped that Pete wouldn't hold anything back from him. With the way he'd been acting lately, it wouldn't be a surprise if he knew something that Patrick didn't.
Patrick's thoughts raced mathematically as he snuck out of his room and over to a wooden box, a coffin, located in the middle of the den. His breathing was sharp, one breath after the other as he extended his hand out to up the lid. This was a rather crucial part of Patrick's job...waking the vampire.
He knew well of Pete's bloodlust and how it rages out of control when he first wakes up. Sliding the lid off carefully, Patrick kept his distance from the restful Pete and backed into the kitchen to prepare the blend.
After quietly chopping up the garlic and mixing in the spices and holy water, Patrick placed all the ingredients into the blender, where it quickly softened into a thick reddish shake.
That's when the sound of a hoarse voice murmured from the den and a body rose up from the coffin. Pete, in his tired looking dead form, bared his sharp fangs at the little light that came from the blocked off window, before slithering over and drinking his shake. Red liquid oozed out the sides of his mouth, as Patrick watched him roughly.
As Pete swallowed the remains of his cup, he asked, "So...what did you want?"
Patrick gulped and asked indirectly, "I was wondering...if you had any information on Amber."
Pete's dark eyes shifted strangely and he alleged suspiciously, "Why do you want to know about her?"
Patrick bit his lip and tried to think of an easy way to put it when Pete interrupted him with a stubborn, "I know what you're thinking...but she's not assisting the dandies. Leave her alone."
Patrick eyed him conspicuously, knowing that Pete was in fact hiding something from him.
But he'd get to the bottom of things soon enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story