Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Celebrity Love

An audience and the Past

by doyleangel 2 reviews

Emma shows off her talent

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-09-15 - Updated: 2008-09-15 - 1349 words - Complete

1Exciting
*THERE WAS AN EDIT TO CHAPTER 1...SO PLEASE GO BACK TO READ IT........THE SONG IN THIS CHAPTER IS NOT AN ORIGINIAL, IT'S A SONG BY KATE VOEGELE, BUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS STORY, IT'S AN ORIGINAL.**




Emma awoke the next morning to her phone ringing. Groaning, she rolled over and picked it up, not bothering to check the caller id.
"Hello?" she asked groggily.
"Hey Emma, it's Pete. Did I wake you?"
Emma shot up in bed and looked at her clock. 10:12. Not an unreasonable time to still be sleeping considering how late she was out the previous night.
"Um, kinda, but it's ok. What's up Pete?"
"I was just wondering if you could come to the studio today, to show me and Trick some more of your stuff. We're both really interested."
Emma's head perked up. So last night really wasn't a dream. "Yeah Pete. I'd love to. Just let me know when and where."
Emma and Pete made arrangements for them to meet at the studio in two hours. She got out of bed and headed for the shower. After she was done, she decided to blow dry her hair half way, and then put it up in a half ponytail. She always like how her hair looked when she did it that way. After she got dressed and applied some makeup, it was time to go. She grabbed her guitar and purse and headed out the door.


When Emma arrived at the studio, she realized she was 15 minutes early. She didn't know exactly where she was supposed to go, but figured she'd just wander around until she found Pete. She started walking down a hallway when she heard some faint singing. She turned a corner and saw a door that led to a studio. Being the curious person that she was, she opened the door quietly and stepped inside. She was standing in a producers studio. The person in the room hadn't noticed her come in, and continued singing, while writing something in a notebook. It took her a second before she realized that it was Ryan. He stopped singing and just stared down at his notebook.
"It sounds good."
Ryan jumped and looked up at Emma. She started laughing at his fearful expression. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to scare you."
Ryan laughed slightly. "No, it's ok. I just, wasn't expecting anyone. What are you doing here?"
"Pete called me this morning. He wanted me to come in today to show him some of my stuff. Patrick's going to be there too."
Ryan nodded. "I remember what it was like. Singing for Pete before he signed us. But don't worry, this is just a formality. He already wants to sign you."
"Well, we'll see," she said. "So, what are you doing here?"
Ryan set his notebook down. "The guys and I come here sometimes to work on random stuff. To get thoughts in our heads for future albums or cover songs for tours and things like that. Pete lets us use it when we want. I just came today for some peace and quiet."
Emma raised an eyebrow. "Not quiet at the Ross house huh?"
Ryan shook his head. "Not when Keltie is home no. She likes loud things haha."
Emma just shook her head, not really knowing what to say.
"Hey, would you mind if i sat in with Pete and Patrick while you sang? I'd like to hear some of your stuff."
Emma looked at Ryan and nodded her head. "Sure."
Ryan smiled. "Great. So, what time are you supposed to meet them at?"
Emma looked down at her watch and her eyes widened. "Crap. 5 minutes ago. I don't even know where I'm supposed to go."
Ryan laughed. "It's ok. I'm pretty sure I know which studio they're in. Let's go."
Emma followed Ryan out of the studio and down a hall and around a corner to another studio. Pete and Patrick were seated at the console talking about something, and looked up when they came through the door.
"I'm so sorry guys. I got here early and then I ran into Ryan an got distracted and lost track of time."
"Hey it's no big deal," Pete said. "There is hardly a day when I'm on time. Today just happened to be one of them. What are you doing here Ross?"
Ryan sat down on the couch in the back of the studio. "I was here for some peace and quiet. After the tour and Keltie being home, i just needed some. And then Emma said I could come watch her sing, so here I am."
Pete just shook his head and turned around. "Well, Emma, anytime your ready, we're ready to listen. You can just sit in that chair there if you want."
Emma nodded and got out her guitar. She took a minute to tune it and sat down in the chair.
"This is something I wrote a couple of years ago. It's called 'It's Only Life'." With that Emma started strumming her guitar, and then she started to sing:

/]Tears are forming in your eyes,
a storm is warning in the skies,
the end of the world it seems,
you bend down and you fall on your knees,
well get back on your feet ,yeah,
don't look away, don't run away,
baby it's only life,
don't lose your faith,don't run away,
it's only life.[/


Emma closed her eyes and just let her fingers and voice do the work. She always lost herself in her music, not caring what others thought. It was for her and no one else. Before she knew it she was strumming the last notes of the song. She opened her eyes and saw Pete, Patrick and Ryan all sitting there, with their mouths slightly open.
"That....I don't...You...." Pete started.
"What Pete is trying to say is that was incredible." Patrick said.
Emma blushed. "Thank you."
Pete stood up. "I don't have any question. I would love to have you on my label. What do you say?"
Emma's eyes widened as she shot up out of her chair. "Oh my gosh, I would love that. Thank you so much Pete."
Pete was about to say something when there was a loud noise outside the studio. The door swung open and four guys walked in, and stopped when they saw everyone in the studio.
"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Pete asked.
The really tall one walked over to Patrick and gave him a quick hug like hello before walking over to Pete. "We're here to finish the album, remember?"
Pete slapped his hand to his forehead. "Thats right, I totally forgot. Oh well, the studio is free now anyway. Let me introduce you guys to the newest Decaydance artist. Emma Mason, this is another one of our label mates and friends, The Academy Is. This tall guy here is William Beckett, that guy with the long black hair is Michael Cardin, the long blonde hair is Micheal Guy Chislett and the short haired is Adam Siska."
Emma waved a small wave. "It's nice to meet you guys."
"You too Emma," William said. "And let me inform you of the names we go by since Pete did a horrible job of introducing us. I go by Beckett or Billiam, Michael goes by Cardin, the other Michael goes by chizzy and Adam goes by Sisky or Sisky biz."
"Wow," Emma laughed, "I'll keep that in mind. I just go by Emma."
"Hey guys, where's Butcher?" Pete asked.
"I'm right here. I forgot something outside," came a voice from behind the 4 other boys.
"Emma, this is the last member of TAI," Pete said as the 4 boys parted to show the 5th member of their band. "This is"
"Andy?" Emma said, shocked.
"Dude," Sisky said. "Who calls you Andy anymore?"
Butcher stepped forward to look at Emma before he answered. "An ex-girlfriend."



WHAT??? HOW DARE I LEAVE IT HERE RIGHT? WELL, IF YOU WANT MORE, YOU HAVE TO REVIEW...YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS :-)
Sign up to rate and review this story