Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wait, Brendon Urie, He's Adopting Me?

Sweet Sixteen

by panic_at_the_disco 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-09-15 - Updated: 2008-09-16 - 2631 words - Complete

0Unrated
2 years later
2010


I can't believe I'm sixteen today. Brendon adopted me about 3 years ago. He's been planning a birthday bash behind my back. I know because every time my friends are here, Brendon starts talking to them, and I'm confused.

I silently looked at the clock, and waited for the minute hand to strike the 5. I was born at 6:25 in the morning exactly. NO seconds or anything. Just plain 6:25. it struck.

"Yay!" I shouted really loud. And it was loud.

"Happy Birthday," Brendon said walking in with Gerelyn by his side.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You have a big day ahead of you, come on let's go make some breakfast," Gerelyn added.

"I do?" I asked.

"You know we are throwing you a party so don't act all innocent," Brendon laughed.

"I know," I said hopping downstairs to help Gerelyn. Brendon and Gerelyn got married about 2 years ago. Even earlier than I expected. It was nice to have a mother figure around again. I was always mommy's angel as a child.

"So why are you two awake so early?" I asked.

"We couldn't sleep," she answered.

"Really, Im the one with the insomnia I always thought that Brendon slept well," I said throwing another question at her.

"You see Leigh, we didn't want to tell you this until tomorrow, but I'm pregnant," she said.

"Oh my gosh that's wonderful! I'm happy for you too," I hugged her.

"Now Lana and James will have someone to play with," I answered. Lana is William's daughter, and Spencer's son.

"Don't forget, George the IV," she laughed. Ryan hasn't gotten married yet, but his fiance is pregnant with a boy. What now I'm going to be another aunt.

"How can I," I said taking the toast out of the toaster. I can finally make toast without burning it to the crisp.

I had 10 pieces of bread finally toasted. At 7:00 the ten year old twins came down looking for food. Lily was wearing a red sweatshirt, and jeans. She takes after my emo self. Unlike Josie who was wearing a blue tank top, and a skirt. She was the prep in the family. But I love both of them.

"Happy Birthday Leigh," Lily said hugging me, and handing me a card.

I read the card that read from Lily and Josie and thanked her.

"Happy birthday Leigh," Josie also said, she handed me a box.

A new pair of vans, all black.

"Thank you they're gorgeous," I said pulling the two short children into a hug.

We ate in silence, until I heard a ringing phone in my room.

"Excuse me," I said getting up from the counter's chairs. Everyone nodded.

I ran up the stairs and heard our song. It was Kevin; the ringer was 'I'm like lawyer (me and you)' It was an old song but it described us so well.

"Happy birthday," he said.

"Thanks, now we are both sixteen," he said. I know he was smiling I could tell by the way he talked.

"I have to get ready, I'll talk to you later," I said then blowing a kiss into the phone.

"Bye," he said.

"Bye," I answered also.

I heard knocking on the door.

"Leigh," I heard.

"Yes," I answered opening the door.

"You have to get ready," Gerelyn said coming in with a bunch of people I don't know.

"Who are they?" I asked kind of rudely.

"They're here to help you get ready for the party," she smiled.

"Okay well Jacqueline is doing makeup, and Karen, is doing hair," Gerelyn said. It's like she had this all planned out.

"Wow," I said looking into the mirror. I looked like a doll, in a good way.

I had a gorgeous dress, picked out by my sisters, Marie, Janet, and Gerelyn.

At 5:00 I walked downstairs, everyone was gone. Brendon was the only one home, I assume the others went to fix up for the party.

"Wow, Leigh you look pretty what's the occasion?" Spencer asked.

"You're a weirdo," I mumbled.

"No I'm kidding, Happy Birthday," he said giving me a cousinly hug.

"Thanks," I said.

"James anything you want to say to Leigh?" he asked his 3 year old son.

James sung me Happy Birthday.

"Well Leigh, I have to get ready for your party, and bring James to grandma's house so I'll see you later, and Amalea sends her regards too," Spencer said.

"Bye," I said waving to James.

"Wow, Leigh you look wonderful," Brendon said looking at my dress.

"Thanks, now what time is this party?" I asked.

"In an hour," Brendon said stuffing a granola bar into his mouth.

"That makes sense, so who's going to be there?" I asked.

"People, maybe a tiger or two," he said.

"A tiger?" I was shocked.

"I'm kidding, only people will be there," he said.

"How many people?" I asked.

"259," he said.

"Wow!" I said wide eyed.

An hour seemed to have lasted forever.

"Leigh!" Brendon screamed. I looked into the mirror, and may I say I looked perfect.

"Coming," I answered.

We walked outside, and to my amazement there was a stretch limo waiting to escort me to where ever my party is.

We arrived at the Palms hotel in Las Vegas. Holy crap my party is here? Brendon and I walked in. The scenery was gorgeous. I saw Cobra Starship playing on stage.

They ended their song, and announced me. I felt too special.

"Everyone welcome Leigh!" Gabe screamed.

The crowd of people cheered as I made my way up the stairs to the stage. There I was greeted by my family and my family only. There Fall Out boy dedicated a song to me.

I got down off the stage, and it was time to dance. Not the song, the action. I found my way to Marie, Al, Janet, and Kevin. Janet found a dancing partner and we all started to dance to songs.

There were a million different bands playing tonight. Including The Academy Is Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, and The Hush Sound.

"Should I shown up by now!" The Academy Is... Was screaming, when Brendon came onto the set and shut them up.

"Okay let's announce the birthday girl," Brendon shouted.

Everyone cheered as I stepped onto the stage again.

My sisters brought out the cake, almost tripping and dropping it splat onto my shoes.

Everyone sung Happy Birthday. I wished for many birthdays to come, and that I hope my parents are watching me on my day of glory. I blew out the candles and I served some cake. At around midnight, everyone started to leave. It was only my family, the bands, and my 4 closest friends.

"We have a birthday surprise," Brendon said leading me outside.

It better not be a car, he can't spoil me like this. The bands stood their and smiled, while I stood in amazement.

"Holy Shit, it's a shiny Volvo!" I said screaming up and down like a lunatic a.k.a. a prep.

"Actually its just washed really well it's actually pretty dull," Gerelyn said telling the truth.

"Same difference," I said happily. I have a car!

"Once we get our licenses we're totally going to drive all over the place," Marie said hugging me.

"We going to have all the boys all over us," Janet said.

Marie and I looked at her. Hehe no, we've had the same boyfriends for 3 years no way am I changing boyfriends. Besides I love Kevin.

"Lucky Leigh," Al snorted.

"Would you really leave me?" Kevin asked looking at the car.

"Kevin you're being ridiculous, I've been going out with you for 3 years, and have I ever done that?" I asked hurt.

"I guess not I love you Leigh," he said kissing me cheek.

"Leigh we have another surprise," Josie said.

"What?" I asked.

"You and your friends get to stay in a suite tonight!" Lily answered.

"Really?" I asked. This was the best I could've ever have asked for.

"Yeah, we're going to go home though because we're pooped," Gerelyn said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're all tired," Josie and Lily added.

"The others have clothes and everything, but if you look in the trunk you'll find some things," Brendon said pointing to the car's rear end.

I walked to the car and opened the trunk; there was a brand new silk pajama, and some clothes to wear tomorrow.

"Thanks," I said hugging all 4 of my family members.

After everyone left to their hotels, and houses, we started to head to the hotel room.

"I can't believe they trust us to be here by ourselves," I laughed.

"They really don't," Janet said.

"What do you mean?" Marie asked.

"Brendon and Ryan made me give this to you 4," she said handing us a note.

You 4 better not do anything, if you know what we mean!
Love, Brendon and Ryan


"Ha-ha," Al said reading it.

We signed into the hotel room, and got our suites.

There were 2 suites, one for the girls, one and for the boys the other room. Each suite contained two bed rooms, and a bathroom. It was pretty large for 3 people.

The three of us took showers one by one.

"You want to invite the guys over?" I asked Marie. Janet was taking a shower at the time.

"Yes," she said.

"No," I heard Janet moan.

"Why not?" I asked pouting like a baby.

"Fine only because it's your birthday," she answered.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Kevin! You and Al get here now!" I shouted into the phone.

"Tell Marie to come to our room, and I'll go over there," Kevin said after speaking to Al for a moment.

"Okay?" I asked clueless.

"Marie, go to the guys' room, and bring your pajamas you're staying the night," I screamed to her from the shower.

"Okay!" she answered.

After Marie was done she put her pajama on, and ran into our connecting rooms. Why we insist on calling each other, I don't know?

"Hi," I said as Kevin walked into one of the 2 rooms.

"Hey Leigh, I'm tired, I'm going to bed," Janet called from one room.

"Okay," I yelled back.

"We are now officially both 16, you know," Kevin smirked.

"Yeah, finally," I smiled.

"So you want to watch a movie?' he asked.

"Not really," I admitted kissing him intensely.

"That works too," he said taking a breath.

It was an intense kiss. Not like many we've had before, we kind of went overboard.

"You sure about this?" Kevin asked as we fumbled with each others clothes.

"Positive," I answered.

"I'll be right back," he said making his way to the bathroom.

"All good?" I asked, "But how'd you know this will lead up to this?"

"Yeah, I'm good, and because I'm smart" he said kissing me again.

1 hour later

"Guys shut up you sound so gross, when you moan," Janet whined at 2 o'clock.

"We aren't doing anything," I lied.

"Liar, you're doing a little something something, I know," she said.

"Eh shut up," Kevin yelled back.

By let's say 3 A.M. there were a pile of our clothes on the corner, of the bed and a sleeping Kevin right beside them. I'm not going to go through this, but may I say it was different than I imagined because it really hurt.

At 8 o'clock A.M. Janet knocked slightly on the door.

"Wake up, I'm not coming in, because what I'll see might scar me, but get dressed," she laughed.

"Ugh I'm awake," I groaned. It's too early for me. I woke up to see no Kevin, and I were completely dressed.

"Whoa I'm confused," I said shaking my head.

"Awake yet?" Kevin asked smirking in the corner of the room on a chair.

"What happened?" I asked. I feel silly asking that question, and I feel slightly drunk.

"Nothing," he said smirking innocently.

"You're a liar," I smiled remembering last night.

"What happened here?" Marie asked opening the door to the connecting rooms.

"Nothing," we said simultaneously.

"Liars," Al said in a high pitch voice.

"You're telling me everything later," Marie whispered really softly into my ear.

I nodded in agreement.

"Janet!" I said pounding onto the door.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Let's get food," I yelled.

We all put on respectable clothes, and walked downstairs and found some food, at the food court.

"So what happened last night sounded like someone was dying?" Marie asked.

Kevin and I blushed in embarrassment.

"You have nothing to hide," Janet laughed.

"Kevin come on," Al begged.

"We uh how should we put this Leigh?" Kevin asked not knowing the right words to use.

"We slept-" I started for him.

"With each other," Kevin smiled crookedly.

The others all dropped their jaws.

"You're making me feel like a whore," I whined digging my head into Kevin's shoulder.

"You're not a whore," Kevin said stroking my hair for comfort.

"Sorry we're shocked," Marie said.

"I'm not," Al admitted.

"They've known each other since they were born, longer than I've known them, they were meant to be," Al smiled, where's my friend, and what have you done with him?

The both of us flushed from pink back to our normal pale faces.

"Let's not tell Brendon now," I tried to joke.

"We'll take it to the grave," they all shouted at different times.

"The Patron Saints of Liars and Fakes, good line," I smiled, remembering I said that to Janet the first day of school.

"Leigh," I heard Brendon call when I flipped my phone.

"Yes?" I answered.

"We're waiting for you guys outside, get your stuff and leave," Brendon whined. He's still the same Brendon I met 4 years ago. Except now, he's married, having a kid, and is legally aloud to drink.

"We're going," I laughed.

"Come on guys let's get our things," I said as we walked ran up the stairs like 4 year olds.

"Last one to the room is a rotten egg," Al called, half way up the stairs. We all ran but Janet ended up being last.

"You're a rotten egg," Kevin teased.

"Not cool," Janet said like a 4 year old.

We grabbed out things a checked out. The band, and their girlfriends/wives were outside waiting.

We loaded the car. Kevin and Al rode with me, Gerelyn and Brendon. Marie went to her house with Ryan, and his groupie.

"So how was the night?" Gerelyn asked us.

"Fine," we said really fast.

"You don't seem fine?" Brendon said getting suspicious.

"We're all good," Kevin answered for us.

"Okay," Gerelyn and Brendon said at once.

We dropped off the boys, and headed home. I grabbed my bags, and walked upstairs.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in?" I said softly.

"Hi Gerelyn," I smiled.

"Tell me woman to woman, what really happened last night," she asked.

"Honestly," I started, "Kevin and I had sex," I said with my face down.

"I had a feeling you weren't going to follow Brendon's orders," she laughed, "Don't worry I won't tell Brendon anything."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Don't worry, I was in your situation once too," she said softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I had to keep things I did with my boyfriends a secret because my parents would flip," she laughed.

"Well thanks for understanding," I said fumbling with my fingers. This conversation was a tad uncomfortable.

She left the room silently.

"What's going on here?" Brendon asked once she stepped out of the room.

"Girl talk," Gerelyn laughed.

"Okay," Brendon said raising his left eyebrow.

The two both left to talk about plans for the baby. I'm going to have another baby sister.

I called Kevin, my lover.

"Kevin," I whined into the phone.

"What?" he asked.

"I love you."
Sign up to rate and review this story