Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wait, Brendon Urie, He's Adopting Me?

No One's Up To Any Good These Days

by panic_at_the_disco 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-09-16 - Updated: 2008-09-16 - 1657 words - Complete

0Illiterate
A couple of months later Summer Vacation

"Leigh," Kevin whined, "I hate filling out college applications there are way too many," he said looking down at the pile of papers all over the kitchen table in my house.

"Too bad, Brendon and Gerelyn said that if we look for colleges now, we have a better chance of getting in, later I mean next year we'll be seniors," I answered.

"We've been filling these shitty things out all week, can't we have fun?" he asked. "Call Al, and Marie, or even Janet," I said.

Kevin's starting to annoy me. "I much rather be here with you alone," he smiled slyly. "Gerelyn and Brendon are at the hospital the baby is due in 2 weeks they'll be back any minute now, we can't" I sighed.

Brendon still doesn't know about our little secret yet. Only Gerelyn, my sisters, and the gang know about it. I also told Spencer, but he's a cool cousin he wouldn't tell anybody. But Pete Wentz, and Mr. William Beckett are onto me. They said so themselves.

"So put a sign don't disturb on the door," Kevin said in a duh-toned voice.

"Brendon will come in anyway," I said mad. "Can I at least kiss you?" he asked. Kevin is such a nutcase.

"Duh," I answered. He leaned over the table and kissed me. I kissed him back, obliviously.
The door to the kitchen was open, and my sisters were dripping wet.

"Please stop you're sickening me," Josie said.

"Oh Josie you're so naive, it's just a kiss," I answered sticking my tongue out at her.

"It's Katrina," Josie said sternly. When Josie, turned 10, she decided to use her real name instead of her middle name. Although I still prefer to be called Leigh.

"Anyways, go take showers, Gerelyn, and Brendon will be back any minute now," I ordered.

"Fine," Lily contested.

"They're being really weird lately," Kevin said under his breath. "I know I wonder what's up with them," I paused, "Should I talk to them?"

"Yeah, who knows they can be up to something dangerous," Kevin said urging me to converse with my sisters.

"Hi guys," I said walking into the bed room. The door that separated their bed rooms was open.

"Hello," they murmured. "Kevin, and I were talking, and we wanted to know why you guys have been behaving so oddly," I asked.

"Leigh, I have no idea what you are talking about," Lily said pushing me out of her room.

"Are you sure, because you guys don't seem okay," I said walking into Josie's half of the room thing.

"We are fine, now please leave," Katrina said pushing shoving me out of her room. I walked downstairs.

"They won't blab," I shrugged.

"You should get Gerelyn to talk to them," Kevin offered.

"I guess," I answered. The door bell rang. It was none other than Al and Marie, and Janet behind them.

"Hi," they chorused.

"Hello," we waved kind of surprised. They weren't invited.

"Where are Brendon and Gerelyn and those little ones?" Janet asked saying and after each person. I'm a grammar freak sue me?

"At the hospital, but the two weirdoes are up stairs showering," I answered.

"Why are they so weird?" Al asked.

"Kevin and I think they're acting weird," I shrugged. "Oh let's pretend we're like in CSI and have to figure out a mystery," Marie squealed.

"Sorry honey but I'm not doing that," Kevin said patting her shoulder.

"Get off her," Al said, wow overprotective much? I would love to find out what's bugging my sisters but I don't think they're going to be too comfortable with me snooping around.

"Okay I'll do it," I offered.

"Same," Al said raising his hand.

"Three against two, we work in a democracy so we win," I answered.

"Not cool," they pouted like 4 year olds. I have no idea why I constantly use the analogy of four year olds.

"I want to play music," Al pouted changing his mind suddenly.

"We don't have our stuff," Marie answered real fast. "B

rendon lives here, he has a band, hence the fact they have instruments," Kevin said slowly breaking it down as if he were talking to a sp-ed.

"We can't use those," Janet cut in.

"You don't play an instrument, we do," Al said circling us four.

"Meanie," she snorted. "Please people we are 16 stop acting so stupid," I said trying to break the argument. It is a stupid conversation.

"Okay then my CSI team and I are going to snoop, you guys can play on the Wii," I offered.

"Never mind, I'll go with you," Kevin smiled. He always wants to be with me. Obsessed much? No actually he hates the Wii; he sprained his wrist, while playing with the damn thing. I was the first one to sign his brace.

"Janet?" Al asked.

"Yeah," she answered dumbly.

"You coming?" Marie answered.

"Uh no, I don't want to be involved," she replied.

"Fine," Kevin said.

So Janet's not snooping, she is out of the question.

"So what are we going to do?" Kevin asked. "We are going to listen in on the phone, I hear Josie dialing," I said leaning into the door.

"I thought it was Katrina?" Marie asked.

"It is," I murmured.

"Hi honey," I heard Josie say. Wow, honey?

"What?" I shrieked. But not very loud so Josie Katrina wouldn't hear.

"Who the hell is her honey?" Kevin asked.

"Looks to me like she has a boyfriend," Marie whispered.

"Not cool I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 13, she's 10!" I said a tad louder.

"You denied all guys, since 4th grade, and she's in 5th," Al said stating the obvious.

Really have I said no to that many boys?

"Still, Brendon should know about this," I protested.

"NO, he'd go bonkers, tell Gerelyn, to tell them they're too young to have boyfriends," Marie answered knowing the consequences will be fatal.

"Good idea, I think that when they get back from the hospital, I'll go and confront Gerelyn," I said sneaking down the stairs.

2 Hours later

"Bye guys," I said to Al, Marie, and Janet as Mrs. Ross gave them a ride home.

It was pouring rain, in the middle of Las Vegas, odd don't you think?

"Kevin what do you want to do?' I asked him while we sat on the couch.

"I don't know watch the rain?" he said sarcastically.

"Ugh do you want to run around in the rain?" I asked. Hopefully he says yes.

"You read my mind!" he exclaimed. I put some shoes on and we stepped into the warm rain. I started twirling in the rain like I used when I was younger. I remember my mom always telling me to come in from the rain because I would get sick. I started to tear, luckily it was raining and Kevin couldn't notice, until those damn glasses started to fog up.

"Are you okay? Your glasses are foggy," he noticed.

"The rain," I said dumbly. Kevin is such a dork, and believed me.

"Okay," he shrugged and I continued to twirl around.

"What are you guys doing?" I heard a voice which sounded like Pete from the driveway.

"Peter what brings you to Las Vegas!" I asked.

"The VMA's!" he exclaimed.

"When?" I asked.

"Sunday," Patty answered.

"Patrick!" Kevin said shaking his hand.

"Where are the other two?' I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Lost," Pete chuckled as we stepped inside the warm home.

"What?" I asked. "They are lost somewhere, I didn't give Joe the directions to get here," Pete chuckled.

"You're mean," Kevin said.

"Hey Patrick was the one who told me how to get here," Pete laughed. Oh that makes sense; Patty was supposed to give them the directions.

"You're mean," I said pointing at Mr. Stump.

"I try," he answered.

"I tried so hard can't seem to get away from misery," Kevin sang.

"I always hated that song," I mumbled.

"Nah I liked it," Pete commented.

"So where'd Gerelyn and Brendon go?" Trick asked.

"Hospital, the baby is being born in like 2 weeks," I said in a duh tone.

"Oh my gosh, thats right!" Pete commented.

"I can't wait too," I smiled.

"And the twins?' Patrick asked.

"They're ecstatic as well," I answered.

"Well where are they?" Pete asked, as I slipped my soaking shoes off.

"Upstairs on the phone, you can see them later," Kevin answered.

"So what's up with you guys?" Patrick asked changing subjects.

"Ugh, nothing?" I asked exchanging glances with Kevin.

"You sure," Pete asked. I told you he was on to us.

"We're perfect," Kevin said.

"You sure?" Pete asked again.

"Can you please stop asking god damn questions?" I shouted a little. Petey and Patty stepped back scared of me.

"Calm down Leigh," Kevin whispered into my ear chuckling,

"They aren't on to us."

"Excuse us," I said dragging Kevin to the large closet.

Pete's POV

"Let's go see what they're up to," I whispered to Patrick.

He nodded his head, and then his hat flew off. I laughed slightly. We leaned into the door, "Who have you told?" a deep voice asked.

It was Kevin. "Gerelyn, Spencer, Janet, Marie, and Al," Leigh answered.

"Spencer is sure to blab why'd you tell him, if they're suspicious they'd go to him," Kevin said angry.

Spencer knows a secret; I'm going to ask him about this. "He's my cousin, he wouldn't tell," Leigh whispered.

"Sure he will, he's Spencer the one who never gets the attention, he feeds on this type of stuff," Kevin answered,

"You make him sound like a vampire," Leigh said with a slight cough, she was crying.

"Okay but just make sure Brendon doesnt find out, he'd kill me," Kevin laughed. Patrick and I ran away.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Wow, yeah they're up to something, and it's not good, not good at all."
Sign up to rate and review this story