Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > A Rogue's Journey

Chapter 6 Part 2

by Fatalbluesweetie 0 reviews

A story that follows Rogue from the night her powers first activated onward until...well whenever I want to stop. Eventual Romyness, Jhonda and Kiotr...R&R...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Jean, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Shadowcat, Storm, Wolverine - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 1833 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6 Part 2

That night at dinner all the mansion's occupants, sans the Professor were sitting around the table, the talk mainly of the strange prickling sensation they had all felt at various times throughout the day. Many had discovered that their powers were no longer working, then began to urge others to test theirs. A few things were discovered about their fellow mutants due to the negated powers; Scotts eyes were a light sky blue and with out his powers Remy's eyes turned from black and red to white and so dark a brown it was almost black.

You dear reader would assume that Rogue would be thrilled that she could once again touch, right? But no she wasn't. She wasn't thrilled or happy or excited. She was scared and nervous and anxious, she was down right terrified. She wasn't exactly sure why but the idea of her greatest wish being fulfilled was too good to be true. She was scared it was a dream and that she'd have to eventually wake up and fall back into reality.

So she sat at the end of the table and stabbed morosely at the sad little baked potato that sat mutilated on her plate in front of her.

Remy who was sitting next to her, noticed her current melancholy and as an effort to comfort her put his arm around her. She stiffened immediately, feeling his touch.

"Remove it Cajun, or Ah will," she growled.

Remy sighed audibly and did as he was told but still didn't understand why she was still so hostile.

"Remy still don' know wh' ya so uptigh'. Ya should be 'appy, ya can touch again."

"Lemme alone Swamp Rat," Rogue sighed. She stood up intending to go throw her poor baked potato in the trash and retreat back to the safety of her room, but the Professor rolled in. He gave Rogue a look and the girl sank back into her seat with her arms crossed and a scowl etched on her pale face.

"Good evening everyone. I have an announcement to make," The Professor said in his slow calm voice.

"Oh goody" Rogue mumbled under her breath.

Professor Xavier smiled at the sullen girl.

"We have a new student. I'm sure you've all felt the effects of his mutation. His name is Dorian and he has the power to negate the mutations that manifest from those who carry the X-gene. He is young but we accept all here. So for the next few weeks, all of you may be able to live as normal teenagers, at least when you are around the mansion, when you are at school I'm afraid you'll have to be aware of your powers. Dorian is currently upstairs settling in and saying his goodbyes to his mother." Xavier then rolled over to where the other teachers were communing and began to eat.

Rogue's hands had found there way into her lap as the speech went on. She was flexing her fingers, wondering what it would be like to live without the fabric barrier once more. She sighed and stood up once more.

Remy and Wanda turned and looked up at her, still seated.

"Ah'm...gonna go take a showah. And Ah'm not suah whah Ah just told ya'll that."

"Can Remy join ya, Chere?"

"Stuff it Swamp Rat," Rogue said, not meaning it at all.

So Rogue tossed her garbage and went upstairs. She took her shower, being comforted by the warm water that knew no evil. The warm water washed away the day and the grim that had stuck to her during the some odd hours since her last.

Time passed and the water grew cold forcing Rogue to leave her comforting hold. She stepped out of the bathroom wrapped only in a towel, to find her friends in her room. She walked into her room fighting a deep blush, but she wasn't going to let these interlopers intrude on her space. She was too stubborn for her own good.

Gambit's eyes widened as Rogue walked out of the bathroom in a small fluffy dark green towel. She walked past her bed and over to her dresser without even acknowledging the others presence. He enjoyed the show, 'No wait dat sounded wron'. Ahh but it be so tru.' He grinned as his eyes traveled over her. She bent down, almost teasingly over one of her drawers and pulled out some clothes. She stood up slowly and reposition her towel, Remy sighed inwardly, 'If only da chere would turn 'round an do dat.' Rogue turned back around, a few articles piled in her arms and stepped behind the changing screen she and Wanda had purchased earlier that month. The bottom of the screen ended just below the knee and was black silk covered in gold and silver Chinese characters. Rogue changed as Remy watched her legs.

Rogue knew he was watching.

"Remy, yer worse then Miroku," making a reference to a show they both watched.

"Ay! Remy ain't dat bad!" he cried indignantly.

She stepped out from behind the screen in shorts and a tank top, with her hand on her hip. "Ya wanna bet?"

Remy sighed, "Ya win, Remy's a perv, but your belle body ain't makin' it no easier on mor' ol' me," he said grinning.

Rogue suppressed a blush but rolled her eyes.

"Move yer fat butt off mah bed, Rem. Ah'm tahred and Ah wanna sleep."

Remy sighed dramatically before rolling off the bed and landing sprawled on the carpet. Rogue laughed and stepped on her friend's back as she climbed onto her comfy bed. Remy grunted and groaned.

"Ya heavy Chere, ya should lose some weight," he said as he picked himself up. She punched him in the gut, "shut ya mouth,' she snapped, smiling.

Remy yawned widely.

"Remy's going to bed too. Goodnight kiss Roguey?" he asked sweetly.

"In ya dreams Swamp Rat." Rogue said.

"Oh ya give 'im much more den dat dere Chere," At that comment, John and Wanda who had been watching in amusement laughed and Rogue groaned.

"Just go ta bed," she sighed.

"Care ta join Remy?" he asked sly.

"No!" she snapped.

Remy shrugged his shoulders. "yer loss," he said, bowed, and left the room. Rogue rolled her eyes and fell back onto he pillows.

"I'm going to bed too. Logan's giving us an early DR session, for smoking in our room."

"Smart boys," Wanda commented while Rogue simply laughed mirthfully.

The girls said their goodnights and John left. Rogue was too tired to stay up waiting for the night owl to fall asleep tonight like she did every night. So instead she popped on her headphones, and opened her black book to the next fresh page. And she wrote. She got lost in her feelings and her words. The next time she looked up, her cd had ended and Wanda had turned off her light and was sleeping peacefully. Rogue closed the book and placed it back under her pillow before hunkering down into her pillow nice warm blankets and falling asleep.

She slept peacefully for several hours before a dry mouth and empty stomach woke her. She glanced blurrily at the red iridescent numerals on her alarm clock, they read a little after one. She closed her eyes once more but her stomach rumbled painfully again. So her eyes opened once more and she grudgingly sat up. She rubbed her eyes and slipped out from under her blankets. She shivered in the early morning chill and tossed on a hoodie she found on a chair and walked down to the kitchen. She pulled the fridge door open and was momentarily blinded by the light. She blinked furiously until she got her vision back the grabbed the milk and a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter. She leaned against the counter and ingested her food. She yawned widely once more, placed her glass in the sink and her peel in the trash before walking back up to her room. She didn't make it.

She was looking down at her feet and never saw what she ran into until she had already collided with it. She grunted and looked up.

"Sorry Rem," she mumbled.

"Is alrigh' Chere."

Rogue rolled her eyes as usual.

"Whah ya call me that Cajun?"

"Why do ya call Remy Cajun, Chere?" he asked almost mockingly.

"Cause it's what ya are. Yer from New Orleans. So yer Cajun." Rogue explained having missed the fact that Remy's question had been rhetorical.

"Well ya be a dear."

"Oh yeah? Ah have absolutely no redeeming qualities that put me in the category of a 'dear'. She said.

"Sure ya do. Remy's Chere be sweet an lovin', fun ta be 'round, willin' ta help an'one an most of all she be belle." Remy said seriously as he tucked a stray lock of white hair behind her ear.

Rogue didn't even try to fight the blush this time.

"Ya mean it Rem?" Rogue asked quietly, looking at her feet.

"Remy wouldn' say it if it ain't true" he replied softly, placing his fingers under her chin and raising her face to look into his. Even in the dark and without his enhanced night vision, Remy could see that Rogue was a deep red. He stepped closer to her and wrapped her in a large, loving embrace. She seemed to curl up into a ball against his firm but soft chest. She hugged her arms to her chest but leaned into the boy. She breathed in his scent, a mixture of cigarette smoke, cologne, and spice...she almost melted. He smelled marvelous.

She burrowed deeper into him and he tightened his hold on her. She looked up into his lowered face.

"Yah comfy and yah smell good," she said smiling, unembarrassed by her bluntness. Remy chuckled deeply.

"Ya fit perfectly in Remy's arms," he lowered his face to her hair and inhaled deeply, a wave of jasmine hit him.

"And ya smell good too," he said huskily.

"Really?" Rogue practically breathed.

Remy only nodded and looked her in the eyes longingly, deeply, as if he could see into her soul through them.

He slowly lowered his head towards Rogue's upturned face. He searched her features for a hint of fear or anxiety but all he found was joy and expectations. He still lowered his head until their lips were mere centimeters apart.

"Rogue" he breathed huskily.

"Yes Remy" she exhaled right back, and Remy's lips caught hers in a sweet, loving caress.

The simple kiss lasted mere seconds in reality but in their world it seemed to last a lifetime.

Their lips separated reluctantly and Rogue's eyes fluttered open once again.

"Thank you" she whispered breaking from his grasp and running up the stairs to her bedroom before he could see the tears that had begun to fall.

-Told you it'd be longer...and I dont own anything...I hate disclaimers...so annoying...
-Fatalbluesweetie
Sign up to rate and review this story