Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > A Rogue's Journey

Chapter 7

by Fatalbluesweetie 0 reviews

A story that follows Rogue from the night her powers first activated onward until...well whenever I want to stop. Eventual Romyness, Jhonda and Kiotr...R&R...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Jean, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Shadowcat, Storm, Wolverine - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 1620 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven

The dash to Rogue's room seemed to take ages. She was so immensely happy but also in such a state of disbelief that she didn't know what to do. It was like the flood gates on her emotions had burst and everything was pouring out of her in an overflow of tears. She quietly snuck back into her room not waking Wanda.

As she paced around her room her hands were frustratedly tangled in her sleep tossed hair. She didn't know what to do. All it was was a kiss, why was it affecting her this way. It wasn't like it was her first. It was her third, technically.

That was it! Remy had reminded her of Cody. The kiss had reopened the scar that that whole event had caused. She stopped abruptly from her pacing and looked up, wiping the tears from her face.

She needed to do what she had done when that had happened. She needed to get away, to think and she wasn't likely to be able to do that where she was.

She strode over to her open wardrobe and pulled out the bag that she had run away with last time and began to stuff it full of clothing and other necessities for a few days. She grabbed the money that she had saved out of her underwear drawer and changed into something more street appropriate.

She grabbed her bag and her black hoodie and walked out onto the balcony. Her room was only on the second floor so it wasn't much of a drop. She dropped her bag over the railing and followed it seconds later, landing on her feet. She picked up her bag and walked off the grounds of Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

The bus station was all the way across town. When she eventually reached the ticket window, the first rays of the sun had streaked the sky pink.

"What can I get you?" the woman behind the smudged and water stained Plexiglas window asked.

"A ticket to New York City," Rogue said, pulling her money out of its hiding place. The gloves rubbing against her bare skin was a reminder of what her time just after Cody had been like. She handed over the correct amount and accepted her ticket. The bus was scheduled to depart within the hour. She had been lucky; the bus after didn't leave until that afternoon.

The bus was boarding when she found it in the line up. She handed over her ticket to the stile and found an empty row towards the middle of the bus. Since it was so insanely early by Rogue's standard she wasn't surprised when there weren't that many people going to New York.

The ride took only a few hours, which passed by alarmingly fast when one is immersed in a good vampiric romance and a soothing cd set to repeat.

It was a little after nine am when the bus pulled into the Bronx Bus Depot. Rogue was sent upon with a major feeling of déjà vu. As she stepped off the bus she once again flung the bag over her shoulder and walked. She wasn't completely sure where she was going to go but she remembered the key that she had flung in her bag when she was frantically stuffing it earlier. There was a slim chance that her landlord had saved it for her...she had paid the rent to include this month.

She readjusted the bag to a more comfortable position and headed down the few blocks that separated her from her destination.

When she reached the building she tried the key in the main door and it worked. She was slightly surprised but suppressed any sign of it and walked in and up the stairs. When she reached the door to her once apartment that she called home, she stood staring at it for a few seconds, remembering everything that had happened the last time she had been in the city.

She fumbled with the little brass key as she stuck it in its appropriate niche. She slowly twisted the handle and pushed the door when it gave a bit. The sun shown through the cracked windows, glimmering off the swirling dust that floated in the air.

It was exactly as she had left it, a mess from her last hasty sweep of the place when she decided to go to Xavier's with him. The glass was still in the sink, the wardrobe's doors were still flung open, and the garbage still sat in the can, only way smellier this time. She walked into her home and dropped her bag on the mattress that lay on the dust-covered floor. It was uncovered because she had taken the sheets with her to the mansion. She walked around inspecting everything. The first thing she did was bundle the garbage and toss it out her window that was right above the open dumpster, it was really quite convenient.

She spent that day making her abode livable once again. She went to the bodega that was next door and bought some things to fill her empty fridge and walked a few blocks to the home store where she bought new sheets that just happened to be black and red. She washed the sad little glass that had been sitting in her sink for the past five months. The day was coming to an end as Rogue lay on her bed with her hands behind her head, looking at the ceiling, thinking.

The kiss was really the only thing that floated around her mind, well that and Remy. That kiss had pretty much been the proof she needed to confirm that he had feelings for her, strong feelings, and that she felt the same. That kiss had cemented them.

But nonetheless she had runaway from them. Rather then staying there and confronting Remy, which was the sensible solution, she had followed what her rampageous teenage hormones had instructed and she vanished into the night. She knew she would eventually have to go back and face everything and everyone but right now she wasn't ready to face it all. It was all to soon, to fresh, to unknown.

Meanwhile back at the institute...

It wasn't discovered that Rogue had skipped town until mid-morning. Wanda had woken up to find her roommates bed empty but had assumed that she had woken early and gave it no further thought until the team had all congregated for an exercise out on the front lawn and Rogue didn't show up.

Logan then stalked into the mansion and asked Charles where the devil she was. Charles who knew she had left but didn't want the entire population of the school tearing after her, did a quick mindsweep to satisfy the enraged man and felt it was only right to inform him.

"Logan, I believe that our Rogue has left town. From the disturbance I picked up on last night I believe she has had an overload of teenage hormones and simply needs time to work things out. I do believe that she will be back so please don't go after her, it will only complicate matters."

Logan looked dumbstruck, "Wait she ran? She ran away? Why dammit? What the hell happened? An overload of teenage hormones you say?" The would-be flames in the wolverines eyes blazed when he worked out what "an overload of teenage hormones" meant.

Logan was at the door to the office in no more then two steps and back out on the field with the rest of the kids in about twenty (which was quite a small number if you really think about it). He had a infuriated scowl on his face and when he got to the Cajun, he grabbed him the back of his trenchcoat and dragged him out of earshot of the others.

"What did you do Cajun?"

"Remy no' sure what ya mean?"

"What happened last night between you and Rogue, ya dumbass?"

"Remy don' see how dats any of yo business mon ami."

"Dammit Cajun, She's run away you idiot. She ran away because of whatever the hell you did to her!" That last sentence was loud enough to be heard by the rest that were staring after the pair intently.

Wanda's jaw dropped, she dashed to the two men. "What do you mean she ran?"

"She's gone, girl. Flew the coop or whatever the hell it is."

"But the Professor he must know where she is. He'll tell us and we can go get her."

"Not gonna happen, Scarlet. He's under the impression that she's just working things out and that she'll come back on her own."

"Oh," was all she said. She was really worried but she knew that Rogue was tough and could take care of herself. Hell, she'd done it before.

But Remy wasn't satisfied, he was under the impression that their kiss had scared her off and that he had to fix things, which wasn't it at all. He detached himself rather roughly from Logan's lax grip and practically flew to the front door.

He knew that she had a pad in New York, the Bronx in fact, but that was all he knew. She didn't give an address and he now knew why. He ignored the Professors urgent summons in his mind and grabbed a bag from his room that had a change of clothes and his wallet before he was out the door that led to the garage. He hopped on his bike and was out of the gates in almost no time.

-Yes another short one...sry...but R and R please...
-Fatal
Sign up to rate and review this story